PDA

View Full Version : Forum Mafia XIX Signups

Forum Mafia GM
July 1st, 2013, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B0srsB0n3g

The Lord of Murder shall perish,
but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny.
Chaos shall be sown from their passage,
so sayeth the wise Alaundo.

But a year ago, these words were naught but another hollow prophecy. The truth to which was yet to be tested. But fulfilled, the prophecy would be.

It all began with the death of a young adventurer who went by the name Abdel Adrian of Candlekeep. Naturally, it wasn’t at all uncommon for adventuring folk to meet an untimely end at the hand of one of the many monsters that roamed the Sword Coast. Or even by the bandits that plagued the roads all too often during the iron crisis. The cause of his death was irrelevant, but the reason was everything but. However normal the event of Abdel’s demise appeared at a glance, it would alter the course of history forever.

Adrian was one of the spawn of the dead god Bhaal. During the Time of Troubles - when the divine were cast down from the higher and lower planes to walk the world of men - the Lord of Murder was ironically slain by the young Cyric. Before he fell though, he had ensured his prolonged existence through the blood of many children he sired from women of many a place and many a race. Eventually, it was his intention that those who remained faithful would bring about his resurrection through the sacrifice of his sons and daughters. For his essence would be reunited within those that sought out others of their kin to claim their power for themselves.

Once they had learned of this, some of the more powerful Bhaalspawn began to use violence against their siblings. Some would do so thirsting for power and hoping to ascend to godhood. Others merely followed their destiny, and tried what they could to prolong their own survival. And others still wished only to make the resulting misery end as swiftly as possible. Abdel Adrian was the first to fall. And in time, more blood would be shed in the wake of the fighting Bhaalspawn.

The weakest children were quickly eliminated. After a while though, the struggle ensued between those that were not only strong, but also influential. As time progressed, more and more collateral damage was done. Innocents were massacred and whole cities burned as the Bhaalspawn and their allies and followers waged war upon one another.

In the eyes of the Grand Dukes of Baldur’s Gate, it had all gone on long enough. They decided it was time to act. Old tales told of a forgotten city buried beneath their own that had been the center of Bhaal’s worship in ages past. If any place had an answer to put Bhaal’s immortal blood to rest eternally, it would have to be down there somewhere. They called upon adventurers from near and far to investigate. And to delve into the dangers that lay in wait down below. Little did they know that among those who answered the call were some individuals at the center of the whole conflict. As well as several others with plans of their own...

Get to it.
Setup will be posted in the Forum Mafia XIX Forum here (www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/21351-Setup). If by any chance you can't see it, let me know so I can make sure you have the 'Registered User' group.

Signups

Raptorblaze
Gerik
Ika
Sinclair
powerofdeath
Titus
Banshis
ckMistro
CmG
ypmagic
SuperJack
Azuriae
Damus_Graves
Auckmid
Mateo
TheDarkestLight
Taekyon
Boss
Numbertwo
NoctiZ
RLVG
madbird20
Glip
Orpz
Dagaen
Youngmoolahbusdriver
Burnt Eskimo
Nazzhoul
Phyr
Fragos
Muso
hodor1
42Shadow42
CarolinaCrown
Chane
Jr4life24
Frostbyte
Citrus
SHINRamen
Ganondorf
sixsixsix
eliZa
sc2reboot
Rocshi
Slaol
Sen

Reserves

Gingerape
TimeTrx
Poriomania

Gerik
July 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
/sign

ika
July 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
/AFK

Sinclair
July 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM
IDK if I should sign up because I had to replace myself last time due to not having enough time to sort through the hundred and hundreds of responses...

Well, I've no classes for now and I'm only working... I guess I could try again!! =X

/sign

If I feel like I cannot handle it before it comes up, I'll unsign.

powerofdeath
July 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM
/sign

Poriomania
July 1st, 2013, 08:31 PM
/in

Titus
July 1st, 2013, 08:33 PM
??? I thought we already signed in the on going games forum for Curse of Castle Varen.

/sign

though anyway.

Forum Mafia GM
July 1st, 2013, 08:38 PM
??? I thought we already signed in the on going games forum for Curse of Castle Varen.

/sign

though anyway.

Castle Varen is a 20 player M-FM, set to start on July 15th.
This is a 35 player FM, set to start whenever Castel Varen ends.

Castle Varen is an M-FM, not a large FM, regardless of how deceiving Cryptonic's 30+ signs are.

AppleyNO
July 1st, 2013, 08:44 PM
/sign Obviously

powerofdeath
July 1st, 2013, 08:45 PM
When will FM XXIII come out?

Forum Mafia GM
July 1st, 2013, 08:48 PM
When will FM XXIII come out?

If all hosts do as I intend to they should be to 23 by this time next year. If they aren't we will be there by the time my grand children die of old age.

Banshis
July 1st, 2013, 09:09 PM
/sign

AppleyNO
July 1st, 2013, 09:10 PM
*Reads Set-up*
Interesting set-up, unfortunately not something I would like to play at the time being.

So, with the sad truth of not playing in TWO FMs (back to back no less), I /unsign. Have fun hosting [redacted]

CmG
July 1st, 2013, 09:12 PM
What happens when [redacted]'s m-fm meets Baldurs gate? FM 19 i guess! :)

Right between the eyes Boo!

/sign

Planescape might have worked better with all the factions n shit. I guess you had to decide between those 2.

ypmagic
July 1st, 2013, 09:24 PM
/sign with a hope that I won't replace a shitty role this time in a bad situation

SuperJack
July 1st, 2013, 09:58 PM
/sign

Azuriae
July 1st, 2013, 10:03 PM
Fuck yes, Baldur's Gate.
/Sign

Also, no access to the setup.

Auckmid
July 2nd, 2013, 12:14 AM
/sign

Edit: Please don't use Ghost. While some people think it's balanced, it simply isn't.

Mateo
July 2nd, 2013, 01:41 AM
/sign

TheDarkestLight
July 2nd, 2013, 06:33 AM
/sign

Getting past D3 ftw this time...

Taekyon
July 2nd, 2013, 07:34 AM
/sign

Nick
July 2nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
/sign

Joining the exploration for the treasures. Could care less about the world.

Voss
July 2nd, 2013, 07:58 AM
/sign

Numbertwo
July 2nd, 2013, 08:37 AM
/sign. I don't have access to the registred usergroup.

NoctiZ
July 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
/sign

RLVG
July 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
/signaturelia

Gingerape
July 2nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
/sign

<3

I'll
/reserve
I don't know if Ican commit a lot of time to an FM at that date.

madbird20
July 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
/sign.

Glip
July 2nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
/sign

Orpz
July 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
/sign

Dagaen
July 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Wow, I love Baldur's Gate.

/sign

Burnt Eskimo
July 2nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
/sign

Nazzhoul
July 2nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
/sign
LET'S GO

Phyr
July 3rd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Next time sink in.
/sign

Fragos
July 3rd, 2013, 02:09 AM
Well, what else I have to do? Of course I'll sign in as well!

But know that - I won't be the same Fragos the next time we start the game. I'm not very happy when certain people like BorkBot deduce my identity right away, so I'll definitely make a new mindset soon.

Nick
July 3rd, 2013, 02:21 AM
Brings back the memories. So fun.

"I'm witched"

Friend
July 3rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
/sign

Burnt Eskimo
July 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
/sign

Edit: Please don't use Ghost. While some people think it's balanced, it simply isn't.
lol cry.

/sign
this guy

Friend
July 3rd, 2013, 07:43 AM
lol cry.

this guy

:>

Apocist
July 3rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Don't know whether I should go for it or not...

Forum Mafia GM
July 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Yea. You should.

Yayap
July 3rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Waiting to see rules before making my decision.

Forum Mafia GM
July 3rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Waiting to see rules before making my decision.

Which rules specifically?

Yayap
July 4th, 2013, 08:13 AM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4838-Rules-Game-Settings-and-Role-Cards?p=80523&viewfull=1#post80523

The general rules in the example.

Nazzhoul
July 4th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Personal request to have the COM rule from FMXIV rather than the one from more recent games.

Gerik
July 4th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Personal request to have the COM rule from FMXIV rather than the one from more recent games.

Which part do you want? You want people to be allowed to claim COMs during the day?

Personally, I'd kind of like being able to claim in night chats, since I always have one... Although I've gotten pretty good at making my COM obvious without technically claiming it, so I guess I don't really need to be able to claim.

See you in the cult, everyone!

Gingerape
July 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Personally, I'd kind of like being able to claim in night chats, since I always have one... Although I've gotten pretty good at making my COM obvious without technically claiming it, so I guess I don't really need to be able to claim.

Me too. Somehow everyone figures out who I am and I don't know how they do it.

CmG
July 4th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Me neither! sc2mafia is full with stalkers. I bet you guys have cams all over my place!

Nazzhoul
July 4th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Which part do you want? You want people to be allowed to claim COMs during the day?

See you in the cult, everyone!

Yeah, you were allowed to claim your COM, but you couldn't force someone to claim or use meta.

CmG
July 4th, 2013, 04:36 PM
What is com claiming good for anyway? I AM THE MIGHTY HERPDERP FROM DERPIA HERE ME ROAR! lol.

If you have to backup your play with your COM id you probably should work on your argumenting skills :-P

Gerik
July 4th, 2013, 05:30 PM
What is com claiming good for anyway? I AM THE MIGHTY HERPDERP FROM DERPIA HERE ME ROAR! lol.

If you have to backup your play with your COM id you probably should work on your argumenting skills :-P

I like knowing who I'm in a night chat with. But otherwise, you're right. COM claiming to try to validate an argument is worthless.

Hodor1
July 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM
/Hodor

42shadow42
July 4th, 2013, 09:43 PM
/sign

Phyr
July 5th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Look at the Disguiser in this setup and look at what happened in FMX. Claiming COMs should definitely not be allowed in this game.

Nick
July 5th, 2013, 02:15 AM
We have a list of players. Now lets have a COM call. Oh replacement? Name yourself!

Hah, experienced players, make sure you contribute else you are scum.
Oh the newbies, use them to test the traps, we won't lose much if they die.
Hey, MVP from last game! Must be of some important role! Get him!
Your FoS is weak because you are new.
Your FoS is weak because you don't know Person A.
It's so fun being Disguiser and Ghost!
Lets communicate using out-of-game information that only a select few of us know!
That guy is on Skype/online/SC2Mafia but didn't post. Scum!
Those who refuse to claim COM are scum. Must lynch. Not that we will force you to claim though.
You are voting me only because of meta. You are cheating. I demand modkill!

Bunny
July 5th, 2013, 02:18 AM
1. COM call
2. lynch illuminati members
3. ???
4. profit!

RLVG
July 5th, 2013, 02:34 AM
1. COM call
3. ???
4. Lose the internet!

That's more like it.

Fragos
July 5th, 2013, 04:42 AM
/Hodor

Oh, god, I can't believe it. I played SC2 Mafia for a short time with this Hodor and now he is finally here? What the Hodor?

Who is going to appear inside this community next? Sanji the Mighty Jestonist?

Gerik
July 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM
We have a list of players. Now lets have a COM call. Oh replacement? Name yourself!

Hah, experienced players, make sure you contribute else you are scum.
Oh the newbies, use them to test the traps, we won't lose much if they die.
Hey, MVP from last game! Must be of some important role! Get him!
Your FoS is weak because you are new.
Your FoS is weak because you don't know Person A.
It's so fun being Disguiser and Ghost!
Lets communicate using out-of-game information that only a select few of us know!
That guy is on Skype/online/SC2Mafia but didn't post. Scum!
Those who refuse to claim COM are scum. Must lynch. Not that we will force you to claim though.
You are voting me only because of meta. You are cheating. I demand modkill!

You're assuming everyone would be honest about their COMs. Good players (regardless fo alignment) will not be so forthcoming, unless perhaps they are trying to use reverse psychology.

1. COM call
3. ???
4. profit!

Good luck with that!

Nick
July 6th, 2013, 11:27 PM
You're assuming everyone would be honest about their COMs. Good players (regardless fo alignment) will not be so forthcoming, unless perhaps they are trying to use reverse psychology.

LOL you actually believe in this?

You pretend is better than the real person? Unless you want to get lynched or shot, nobody will lie. Like lying about role during roleclaiming day.

Damus_Graves
July 6th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I will claim Damus Graves as my COM and play as Creed.

TimeTrx
July 6th, 2013, 11:56 PM
/reserve

Forum Mafia GM
July 7th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Rules have been posted.

Gerik
July 7th, 2013, 01:17 PM
LOL you actually believe in this?

You pretend is better than the real person? Unless you want to get lynched or shot, nobody will lie. Like lying about role during roleclaiming day.

1. Not everyone is going to claim their COM.
2. If I see someone else claim my COM, for example, I'm not going to say shit about it. They can impersonate me, I don't care. I'm probably not the only one who feels this way.
2b. Even if someone CCs a COM, not everyone will necessarily be able to tell the difference if one of them is a good impersonator/ players are newer and don't know the COM to begin with. And even if they do figure it out, they still don't the person's role/alignment/any other info about them that relates to the current game except perhaps their intelligence level.
3. This is discussion is moot since it will not be allowed anyway.

FM Ferengi
July 7th, 2013, 01:22 PM
The rules are in a separate thread in the FM XIX subforum.

Hypersniper
July 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM
/reserve

CarolinaCrown
July 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM
/sign

Chane
July 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM
/sign for /reserve :(

Forum Mafia GM
July 13th, 2013, 10:47 AM
/sign for /reserve :(

Players will be randomized out of the signs. It is not first come first serve.
Still reserve?

Chane
July 14th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Players will be randomized out of the signs. It is not first come first serve.
Still reserve?

/SIGN

x_________

xsign

would that do it?

yes I sign :)

Jr4life24
July 16th, 2013, 08:04 AM
/sign

I might as well take a shot at this again.

Chane
July 17th, 2013, 10:57 AM
/sign

I might as well take a shot at this again.

hai Jr

FrostByte
July 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM
/sign

Apocist
July 17th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Not going in this one...takes way too much time out of my day.

Citrus
July 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM
/sign if there's space left!

Hypersniper
July 18th, 2013, 12:04 PM
he said its not first come first serve there is always space but people are randomized so its fair

Hypersniper
July 18th, 2013, 12:05 PM
oh yeah in that case /sign not /reserve i want to give it a shot

Jr4life24
July 18th, 2013, 04:21 PM
hai Jr

Hi

Fragos
July 19th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Quite a long wait, isn't it?

AppleyNO
July 19th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Quite a long wait, isn't it?
Its because of the MFM.

SHINRamen
July 20th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I really hope there is still a spot!!!
/sign x 5!!

Forum Mafia GM
July 20th, 2013, 10:22 PM
As the new people have come out, if you have not played in a large FM before I am going to need a Replay confirming yourself as not a smurf.

If you are asking yourself if you need to submit this replay, check this databse to find out. If you are in it you do NOT need to submit a replay.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18988-FM-Players-Database

Citrus
July 21st, 2013, 03:13 AM
Sorry quick question, when you say submit a replay, do you mean just any replay in the sc2 mafia mod? Thanks!

Forum Mafia GM
July 21st, 2013, 03:55 AM
Sorry quick question, when you say submit a replay, do you mean just any replay in the sc2 mafia mod? Thanks!

Yes. A replay of you in the Sc2 Mod Mafia.
If your name is the same on here as in game that should be fine. If not, enter a game and say something as simple as "This is Citrus."

SHINRamen
July 21st, 2013, 08:51 PM
Question.
What is a Sc2 Mod Mafia?

powerofdeath
July 21st, 2013, 08:53 PM
Question.
What is a Sc2 Mod Mafia?

Like the game of -Mafia- you play IN SC2.

SHINRamen
July 21st, 2013, 08:53 PM
ahh okay will do!
thank you. :)

//edit
well here's my replay!!

http://drop.sc/350332

Hypersniper
July 22nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
i dont know if i need one in any case

Sen
July 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I'd like to join this.

Here's a replay where Slaol gave me the MVP stuff points. My account names aren't he same, but I hope this suffices.

Citrus
July 23rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
My mafia replay attached for confirmation!

Ganondorf
July 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Am I too late?

-sign

PS: I checked BorkBot's list and I'm on it for 11 FMs, but I don't have a 'yes' under the ID checked column: do I need to submit a replay or do anything?

FM Ferengi
July 23rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Am I too late?

-sign

PS: I checked BorkBot's list and I'm on it for 11 FMs, but I don't have a 'yes' under the ID checked column: do I need to submit a replay or do anything?
That would be grand.

You are not yet late. The game will start early August and the signups will remain open until then.

Welcome back to SC2Mafia :smile:

Ganondorf
July 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Good to be back :D

Hypersniper
July 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
So will the people be randomised so you get 35 since there's 40 odd people insigns

Muso
July 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM
/Sign in place of Friend

Fragos
July 24th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Don't tell me. That friend is FalseTruth, right?

AppleyNO
July 24th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Don't tell me. That friend is FalseTruth, right?
No, the account "Friend" was Muso's smurf he was using to play SFMs.

powerofdeath
July 24th, 2013, 11:28 PM
No, the account "Friend" was Muso's smurf he was using to play SFMs.

Whaaaat? Hes Friend? O.o

Fragos
July 24th, 2013, 11:38 PM
It's good to see you here though, Muso. You may be surprised, but I have managed to create a new setup for FM XVII and host it together with Raptorblaze. I'm back in the big queue again, but that's because they are going to give many others a chance to host new FMs. Rumor has it that one of FM XX hosts will be Bruno. So that's why I'm throwing my bet here with these guys.

Fee free to join us in our games or suggest you new setups at Setup Approval. I'm sure that you can cooperate with us.

sixsixsix
July 25th, 2013, 01:17 AM
/sign

Dagaen
July 25th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Well, FM Players Database hasn't been updated since FM 84! Butts should be liberally kicked for that!

Anyway, here's the replay. One of my reports, my in-game name is Indolent.

Sen
July 27th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Some settings were modified, since I was able to access it plenty of times before, but now I'm having the same issue as you and it tells me that there are no posts to display.

Forum Mafia GM
July 27th, 2013, 09:58 AM
>.>

One minute.

Forum Mafia GM
July 27th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Still broke?

Forum Mafia GM
July 27th, 2013, 10:50 AM
There was an error made while making night chats. This has been fixed. Please if someone that was having issues can confirm its succes/failure that would help me out.

sixsixsix
July 27th, 2013, 11:57 AM
fixed, thanks Bhaal. (are roles randomly distributed like in sc2 mafia?)

Forum Mafia GM
July 27th, 2013, 01:47 PM
fixed, thanks Bhaal. (are roles randomly distributed like in sc2 mafia?)

The signups will be randomized such that 35 people start.
Then the predetermined roles will be randomly assigned to the 35 players.

CarolinaCrown
July 31st, 2013, 09:11 PM
Ah, if this is still needed, here is my confirmation replay (Out of game: Thurgood. In-game: Carolina Crown)

Banshis
July 31st, 2013, 09:14 PM
I've been playing in Forum Mafia's, but I haven't been added to the database either yet(Only goes up to 84 so far). Should I submit a replay?

Poriomania
July 31st, 2013, 09:18 PM
Change my /in to a /replace please.

Glip
July 31st, 2013, 09:18 PM
I've been playing in Forum Mafia's, but I haven't been added to the database either yet(Only goes up to 84 so far). Should I submit a replay?

Yes.

Ganondorf
August 1st, 2013, 07:56 PM
I claim Prophet: you can't lynch me until the inner vault opens (which can't happen until the game begins), so you might as well just shift your votes over to Gerik (who is the culted serial godfarsonist).

Forum Mafia GM
August 3rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Official Statement.

The Hosts are busy with many unrelated things. The game will likely not start for at least a week. We apologize for the inconvenience. Cryptonic has been directed to push some more S-FMs out to occupy your time.

eliZa
August 3rd, 2013, 11:05 PM
/sign

Muso
August 3rd, 2013, 11:58 PM
Given the large number of sign-ups, is it possible to expand the role-list so more users can participate in this game?

Forum Mafia GM
August 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Given the large number of sign-ups, is it possible to expand the role-list so more users can participate in this game?

We are hoping a smaller game will allow the true activity and the use of replacement instead of full modkills. However, with such interest it may be safer to expand than expected previously. Your suggestion will be considered.

eliZa
August 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Here is my SC2 replay. 13009

Blazer
August 4th, 2013, 01:40 PM
/reserve

msg on Skype if I don't reply to a PM right away.

Nick
August 7th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Unsign because of real life.

sc2reboot
August 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
-sign

Rocshi
August 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM
/sing

Forum Mafia GM
August 11th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Official Statement: FM XIX is alive again. Coming very soon.

Slaol
August 11th, 2013, 08:15 PM
>.> How did I not sign for this. Could have sworn I did.
/sign

KevinPowers
August 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
/sign

eliZa
August 12th, 2013, 12:35 PM
When does this start?

Dagaen
August 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Or at least give the list of people who managed to get into it:P Boo really wants to know...

Voss
August 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
wut... roles were assigned?...

Sen
August 12th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Just noticed I'm not in the signups list. I'm pretty sure I did /sign some time ago.

Anyway. /SIGN again, just in case.

Helz
August 12th, 2013, 06:34 PM
/Observe
Wish I could commit to this.

Forum Mafia GM
August 13th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Official Statement: Players have been determined. Accounts will be sent out in the next few days.

Forum Mafia GM
August 13th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Casual Statement: This thread is now for official pre-game discussion per the request of one oops_ur_dead.

AppleyNO
August 13th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Casual Statement: This thread is now for official pre-game discussion per the request of one oops_ur_dead.
What counts as "official pre-game discussion"?

Forum Mafia GM
August 13th, 2013, 09:15 PM
What counts as "official pre-game discussion"?

Whatever the signs and players believe they wish to say. Excitement, for example, would be good to make note of. Other than that- whatever the players feel they want to discuss.

AppleyNO
August 13th, 2013, 09:17 PM
I predict someone will be modkilled.

Banshis
August 13th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Whatever the signs and players believe they wish to say. Excitement, for example, would be good to make note of. Other than that- whatever the players feel they want to discuss.
The hidden Slaol face!

KevinPowers
August 14th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Ok so question, why was my /sign ignored? Others signed up after me and got added. What's the deal with that?

Phyr
August 14th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Is the starting date set in stone now?

Muso
August 14th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Official Statement: Players have been determined. Accounts will be sent out in the next few days.

Can we see the list of determined players?

Thanks.

Nick
August 14th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Nick is not playing. So feel free to tell Nick about your role, teammates and all.

Dagaen
August 14th, 2013, 03:33 AM

Thanks.

I would also want to know if I should express my excitment or disappointment, but I guess knowing all the names will make COM claiming bit easier. Bhaal will probably make us wait.

Raptorblaze
August 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
We've had our first modkill and the game hasn't even begun lol...

Arch Eskimo
August 14th, 2013, 09:26 AM
/sign

Yayap
August 14th, 2013, 12:34 PM
The hosts have been modkilled.. please stand by while we replace them.

Citrus
August 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Sweet Forum Mafia is coming now!

Forum Mafia GM
August 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Is the starting date set in stone now?

I am aiming for Tuesday.

No.

KevinPowers
August 14th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Ok so question, why was my /sign ignored? Others signed up after me and got added. What's the deal with that?

Anyone?

Fragos
August 14th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Don't mess up again!

Titus
August 14th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Do players in the game have their role?

Voss
August 14th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I got Savage godfather

Gerik
August 15th, 2013, 11:34 AM
We've had our first modkill and the game hasn't even begun lol...

dewhut

Oh, and a fun fact for discussion:

Since I last looked at the setup yesterday, there has been an edit to the setup allowing for 2 more players, which brings us to a nice, even 37 players. The additional roles are a hidden neutral and a hidden town role, I believe. So two lucky players who would not have made it into the game will now get to play!

Arch Eskimo
August 15th, 2013, 02:17 PM
dewhut

Oh, and a fun fact for discussion:

Since I last looked at the setup yesterday, there has been an edit to the setup allowing for 2 more players, which brings us to a nice, even 37 players. The additional roles are a hidden neutral and a hidden town role, I believe. So two lucky players who would not have made it into the game will now get to play!

Burnt Eskimo was banned.

KevinPowers
August 15th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Don't mess up again!

I have been in a few FMs since that first game throw so that reasoning does not make sense here....

KevinPowers
August 15th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I am still waiting for a reason as to why I was left out of the game, when others who /sign after me got added.

Gerik
August 15th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Burnt Eskimo was banned.

Not sure if that counts as a modkill, but oh well. Nothing of value was lost.

Gerik
August 15th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I am still waiting for a reason as to why I was left out of the game, when others who /sign after me got added.

How would you even know this? The player list hasn't been released and I don't think anyone has gotten their accounts/roles yet.

But let's say you're right and you were left out. If I had to guess, I'd say the reason probably rhymes with shmamethrowing.

Muso
August 15th, 2013, 03:20 PM
How would you even know this? The player list hasn't been released and I don't think anyone has gotten their accounts/roles yet.

But let's say you're right and you were left out. If I had to guess, I'd say the reason probably rhymes with shmamethrowing.

Famesewing?

Arch Eskimo
August 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Not sure if that counts as a modkill, but oh well. Nothing of value was lost.

I'm sensing a little frustration from Burnt taking your MVP spot.

I think the word is DameToeing

Raptorblaze
August 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM

I'm not privvy to the host's decisions since I /signed, but I'd assume he doesn't trust you and/or want you in the game. You can always pm the FMGM account and ask since he has access to it.

His name was never added to the /sign list in the OP.

Gingerape
August 15th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Am I the first reserve or are all the reserves shuffled!?

Forum Mafia GM
August 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Am I the first reserve or are all the reserves shuffled!?

Reserve will be sought out at the appropriate time. The first available will be selected.

Gerik
August 15th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I'm sensing a little frustration from Burnt taking your MVP spot.

I think the word is DameToeing

Nah. "he" is just a negative presence in the community. So I don't miss "him".

KevinPowers
August 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say the reason probably rhymes with shmamethrowing.

And as I have said before Gerik, I have played in other FMs after that game that I did Game Throw and was allowed to play and was not modkilled. Look at Raptors signature. That was my character =)

So not being let in for a game throw that happened well over a year and a half ago, considering that I have played in FMs since and not tossed the game, makes zero sense.

KevinPowers
August 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I'm not privvy to the host's decisions since I /signed, but I'd assume he doesn't trust you and/or want you in the game. You can always pm the FMGM account and ask since he has access to it.

Again, I have played in FMs since the game throw that was over a year and a half ago. Tylwyth was me as you should know Raptor. So again, that makes no sense why I would not be included over "doesn't trust you."

Have done so a few times now a couple of days ago. No reply yet. Looks like the FMGM is either backed up or is not a very good host thus far. Hope it is just the case as they are backed up, which is understandable. Fingers crossed that the host isn't just a bad one.

Cryptonic
August 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Again, I have played in FMs since the game throw that was over a year and a half ago. Tylwyth was me as you should know Raptor. So again, that makes no sense why I would not be included over "doesn't trust you."

Have done so a few times now a couple of days ago. No reply yet. Looks like the FMGM is either backed up or is not a very good host thus far. Hope it is just the case as they are backed up, which is understandable. Fingers crossed that the host isn't just a bad one.

Yes, it was SO long ago. :/ I think it's a little dumb.. I mean, persons are on the list who got caught cheating in the previous FM... I don't see the fairness, but I guess it's the hosts' discretion.

Sen
August 16th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Yes, it was SO long ago. :/ I think it's a little dumb.. I mean, persons are on the list who got caught cheating in the previous FM... I don't see the fairness, but I guess it's the hosts' discretion.
lol @ idiots who cheat to win a mafia game. Go get a life.

AppleyNO
August 16th, 2013, 08:42 PM
lol @ idiots who cheat to win a mafia game. Go get a life.
Now lets be fair, the game was about to be over, with the last two people left. It was going to be a "No One Wins" if he hadn't cheated. Should he have posted at all? No. Should Damus and Ika be held to the same standard as a blatant gamethrow? No.

Sen
August 16th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Now lets be fair, the game was about to be over, with the last two people left. It was going to be a "No One Wins" if he hadn't cheated. Should he have posted at all? No. Should Damus and Ika be held to the same standard as a blatant gamethrow? No.

I haven't read that game, but come one, this is to have fun.
If you find yourself cheating to win a forum game, something's going really wrong in your life. >_>

Orpz
August 16th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Corrupt Journalists would have won. Including the one that made like no posts the whole game and then died :D

ika
August 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM
my case was slightly diffrent. i didnt cheat at the fm if you check conclusion and log you will see that i didnt gamethrow but they had a justification on why they did it

AppleyNO
August 16th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Corrupt Journalists would have won. Including the one that made like no posts the whole game and then died :D
Clementine was bitching at me about how everyone wanted the CJ's to win, and she wasn't going to give them the win.

@Kevinpowers

So from what I read on FM X, the site had to be rolled back because you not only revealed yourself and the arsonist; you messed up the reports section. This is going to take some serious trust rebuilding.

Forum Mafia GM
August 16th, 2013, 10:15 PM
@Kevinpowers

So from what I read on FM X, the site had to be rolled back because you not only revealed yourself and the arsonist; you messed up the reports section. This is going to take some serious trust rebuilding.

Kevin, as AppleyNO has pointed out there was more to your original ban than just the gamethrowing. You also effectively tried to ruin the Reports Forum by merging dozens of threads forcing an entire site role back built around your childish response to being let go. Actions done with intent to attempt to ruin parts of the site warrant not just banishment from Forum Mafias, but make it laughable that your account is allowed to exist. This might have to do with why your first /sign was not just deleted and ignored, but your account was removed.

You are not welcome in any game I take part in hosting. Please see yourself out.

Gerik
August 16th, 2013, 11:36 PM

Actually it was going to be an "everyone wins except for the evil neutrals" scenario. Personally I think the outside of game discussion, though technically not permissible, was in this case blown out of proportion. All that was discussed was the setup/rules of the game. All that really happened is Damus realized he (and the hosts) had misinterpreted the setup and that it actually allowed for the aforementioned "everyone but evil neutrals wins" scenario, and the clarification caused Damus to change his mind.

So like I said, ideally wouldn't happen, but it's not like anyone was saying "yo towny, I'm town too let's share our information with each other and fuck up the mafia with all this information we shouldn't be able to know/share".

I like Clem and Rocshi, but I think the modkill was just their way of covering their asses to avoid having all but two players win thanks to the vague wording of the win conditions.

tl;dr- different things are different. Host discretion. All that jazz.

Nick
August 17th, 2013, 12:19 AM

Maybe I should say that newbies won't really care whether you joined or not. Since they don't know you. Gamethrowing? Meh, some were banned for a few games then joined again. Others were also accused of borderline gamethrowing. I'm sure quite a few will feel sympathy for you.

However. Betraying trust and messing up the website just because of your arguments with some staffs means that you are declaring war against the whole community. Then again, humans normally have short memories. They forgive and forget. But it doesn't help if you try to rejoin yet act haughty, threaten left and right and insist your wrongdoings are justified. Who will dare welcome you if you are still like that?

Well. Don't fret. This is just some shitty minor game website full of kids. Why bother about this insignificant speck of digital life. But I wish you good luck on your real life. Please don't act like how you act here.

Muso
August 17th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Kevin chill out

Raptorblaze
August 17th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Kevin chill out

This. For what it's worth I was actually trying to get you let into the game, but you seriously need to understand that no one trusts you with anything anymore. Your responses are just entirely emotional and not at all rational.

ika
August 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Wow, this Kevin person looks like real troll. I know that in many communities trolls are welcomed and almost worshipped, little bit like guys who can drink a lot. Sure, this guy got so wasted he vomitted on your laptop and destroyed it, but it was hilarious, so it's ok, right? But if you are making a party and you want it to be damage-free, you don't invite people who are completely unpredictable. So yeah, Bhaal is 100% right on this one.

Btw, it's amazing how this guy is still welcomed here after he tried to damage the forum.

its called dr trolling, he was perma banned but dr like to do things like this, much like the april fools day jokes on the game, there was one that i hear of that was quite... intresting

BorkBot
August 17th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Deleted a number of posts because flame wars aren't desired in the news section. Thank you very much :)

KevinPowers
August 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
This. For what it's worth I was actually trying to get you let into the game, but you seriously need to understand that no one trusts you with anything anymore. Your responses are just entirely emotional and not at all rational.

Was almost two years ago and I have played since then in FMs and have not thrown any games. So you can understand that it is a bit frustrating to be treated this way when as Cryptonic has said, there are FM Game Throwers who are currently on the sign up sheet as we speak. That is Cryptonics point and I share it.

Cryptonic
August 17th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Was almost two years ago and I have played since then in FMs and have not thrown any games. So you can understand that it is a bit frustrating to be treated this way when as Cryptonic has said, there are FM Game Throwers who are currently on the sign up sheet as we speak. That is Cryptonics point and I share it.

They weren't game throwers, it was outside communication. My view is that the host could've at least put you on the list and not let you in. It was pretty much inviting drama by ignoring completely.

Arch Eskimo
August 17th, 2013, 11:12 AM

If you actually look at the game, Damus was planning on letting the Cult win and then "decided" to not do that after discussing with Ika. Blatant gamethrowing imo.

KevinPowers
August 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
They weren't game throwers, it was outside communication. My view is that the host could've at least put you on the list and not let you in. It was pretty much inviting drama by ignoring completely.

Anyway the only way to prove I wont do that kind of thing again (only did it in the first place when threatened by a Admin) is to let me play. I played in FM XIV, which was after my Game Throwing game. I kept quiet for a large duration of the game (not lerking quiet mind you.) It was not till the end that I became very voiceful and went all out acting scummy. I was trying to take a bullet/lynch to protect the important town roles (I was just a citizen.) However, I knew that Sheeana was scum and tried to get Sheeana killed, turned out I was 100% correct and that Sheeana was in fact Atlas. But again, I was Modkilled when my true identity was found out. I was trying to play the game and show that I would not game thrower, but each time I try I get rejected or modkilled. Quite frustrating, as while acting scummy in FM XIV, i managed to get Atlas killed and protected town by becoming a very loud target.

To sum up, the only way to clear my past rep is to play the game. Tried hiding with different names and IPs in the past, but this time I wanted to join as my real name and clear some past conceptions.

This FMGM does not want me in their game, that is 100% fine. It is their game and they can run it as they see fit. But I hope the next FMGM gives me a shot. I hope that is reasonable.

Happy FM those who play. Don't make the game last too long now. =)

Raptorblaze
August 17th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Anyway the only way to prove I wont do that kind of thing again (only did it in the first place when threatened by a Admin) is to let me play. I played in FM XIV, which was after my Game Throwing game. I kept quiet for a large duration of the game (not lerking quiet mind you.) It was not till the end that I became very voiceful and went all out acting scummy. I was trying to take a bullet/lynch to protect the important town roles (I was just a citizen.) However, I knew that Sheeana was scum and tried to get Sheeana killed, turned out I was 100% correct and that Sheeana was in fact Atlas. But again, I was Modkilled when my true identity was found out. I was trying to play the game and show that I would not game thrower, but each time I try I get rejected or modkilled. Quite frustrating, as while acting scummy in FM XIV, i managed to get Atlas killed and protected town by becoming a very loud target.

To sum up, the only way to clear my past rep is to play the game. Tried hiding with different names and IPs in the past, but this time I wanted to join as my real name and clear some past conceptions.

This FMGM does not want me in their game, that is 100% fine. It is their game and they can run it as they see fit. But I hope the next FMGM gives me a shot. I hope that is reasonable.

Based on my knowledge of the host queue... I wouldn't get my hopes up until FM XXII

KevinPowers
August 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Based on my knowledge of the host queue... I wouldn't get my hopes up until FM XXII

I see no reason why a FMGM in the next game cannot let me in and just give me a very basic role and let me prove that I wont Game Throw. Seems quite reasonable, since the only reason why I have been modkilled in the past, since my FM gamethrow game, was due to my ID getting out, not for my in game actions.

FM Ferengi
August 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I'll have you know that FMGM was unsure what to do with you and that's why you weren't added to the signups list initially. He asked me a few times what I thought and it was my recommendation not to let you play. Apologies for leaving you uncertain for such a long time. At least now you have an honest answer, which seems more fair than giving you false hope.

If you want to know more, handle it through PMs. This isn't a place to vent.

Arch Eskimo
August 17th, 2013, 12:24 PM

This is bullshit

/unsign

KevinPowers
August 17th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I'll have you know that FMGM was unsure what to do with you and that's why you weren't added to the signups list initially. He asked me a few times what I thought and it was my recommendation not to let you play. Apologies for leaving you uncertain for such a long time. At least now you have an honest answer, which seems more fair than giving you false hope.

If you want to know more, handle it through PMs. This isn't a place to vent.

Thank you for the honest answer. I did PM him a few times and got nothing back, which is why I had to take it to the forums.

Whatever personal opinions you may have of someone, I hope that those opinions does not keep me or anyone else with a bad public rap out of future games. I have already apologized to those people who were effected by my game throw almost two years ago. I have ever since been trying to join and prove that I can be trusted when it comes to forum FM.

Hell, i'll even throw in a sports reference. Look at Alex Rodriguez. He did not Game Throw mind you, but he has been a convicted cheater in the past. Is he banned for life for cheating in one game? No. He is now suspended for what I believe is two years however. My Game Throw was two years ago as well. If New York can let A Rod play after all the shit he has pulled...... why not Mafia?

I hope the next FMGM gives me a chance, as it is all I can ask for. I think that is completely fair. Even give me citizen again.

Anyway, I have said my peace and I do respect and appreciate the honesty Cespenar. Hope I am given the chance to change that opinion in a future game.

Good luck to those who play. Have a good time and make it a short game!

Raptorblaze
August 17th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I see no reason why a FMGM in the next game cannot let me in and just give me a very basic role and let me prove that I wont Game Throw. Seems quite reasonable, since the only reason why I have been modkilled in the past, since my FM gamethrow game, was due to my ID getting out, not for my in game actions.

The different hosts have all expressed their opinions of you to me recently. Therefore I know the next two would be likely to say no but the one after would probably let you in. Just guessing though it's not set in stone.

KevinPowers
August 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
The different hosts have all expressed their opinions of you to me recently. Therefore I know the next two would be likely to say no but the one after would probably let you in. Just guessing though it's not set in stone.

Appreciate the advice/information Raptor! I am going to still try and /sign and hope that I am given a chance by one of them. Like I said with Alex Rodriguez, cheated before and admitted it, in alot of peoples eyes he is a world class douche, but is then given a chance to play and show that when it's game time he is a solid player and can be trusted.

Would be pretty amazing if one of those hosts coming up who doesn't think to highly of me gives me that chance and see what happens. Would be a very classy act to let someone play. Can always modkill, and I have also suggested to give me a role like citizen or something on those lines. So fingers crossed!

Voss
August 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM
i'm really more interested to know whether or not we'll know if we are on the reserve list if we haven't yet received account information.

FM Ferengi
August 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Rolecards have not been sent out.

Forum Mafia GM
August 17th, 2013, 03:47 PM
There will be no public player list. The best you have is the signups list.

powerofdeath
August 17th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Do you mind telling people they ARE a replacement to the game so it wont be confusing if they are a replacement or the host forgot to pm them.

Sen
August 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM
There will be no public player list. The best you have is the signups list.

Ah, alright. Will you make it public when you've finished sending rolecards?
No need to make the names public. Just so those who don't get in know it and can stop checking this or waiting for a pm.

Forum Mafia GM
August 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Do you mind telling people they ARE a replacement to the game so it wont be confusing if they are a replacement or the host forgot to pm them.

Everyone will know their place once accounts go out.

BorkBot
August 18th, 2013, 05:44 AM
This is a final warning; the next person who posts here to argue or even comment on whether anyone does or doesn't deserve to play FM will be infracted.

creedkingsx
August 18th, 2013, 05:51 AM
This being open serves no purpose.

Forum Mafia GM
August 18th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Official Statement: Anonymous accounts have their roles.
Accounts will go out upon the success of the final checks.

Gerik
August 18th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Official Statement: Anonymous accounts have their roles.
Accounts will go out upon the success of the final checks.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

FM Ferengi
August 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Signups for reserve slots will remain open for players whose identities don't need verification.

Like in the previous FM, we will try to ensure that reserves have something to do for their entertainment.

Slaol
August 18th, 2013, 07:17 PM
/unsign because FM GM.

My identity was breached by the lovely Burnt Eskimo.
I have chosen to officially reveal myself to the public, namely those that did not get the PM before he was prevented from spreading. Knowledge of who is hosting is minor at best, but as I was on the signups I felt the necessity to reveal and confirm my lack of playing to all players.

Slaol is Bhaal.

My butler, however, shall remain anonymous.

Forum Mafia GM
August 18th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I, Bhaal, will confirm Slaol's FMGM claim. I checked him, and he came back 'So troll, most people won't listen if he posts on his main'.

Titus
August 18th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Can we just end this thread with the wolfram alpha of the start time and date?

Nick
August 19th, 2013, 04:06 AM
FM related question.

Are there any reserve/dead/observer chat that we can sign up for?

eliZa
August 19th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Can I sign up for the reserve/dead/observer chat too?

Slaol
August 19th, 2013, 05:09 AM
There is no such chat without bein a reserve or a dead.

FM Ferengi
August 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM
FM related question.

Are there any reserve/dead/observer chat that we can sign up for?

You may still sign up as a reserve if you wish. Access to Dead chat could possibly be arranged for identified players as well, but obviously it would eliminate your option to jump in as a reserve.

KevinPowers
August 19th, 2013, 12:07 PM
You may still sign up as a reserve if you wish. Access to Dead chat could possibly be arranged for identified players as well, but obviously it would eliminate your option to jump in as a reserve.

Any chance then I can sign up for /Observer then please? Since there is no way with this game I can get in as a /Reserve. Would like to check out dead chat and keep up with the game.

FM Ferengi
August 19th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Any chance then I can sign up for /Observer then please? Since there is no way with this game I can get in as a /Reserve. Would like to check out dead chat and keep up with the game.

In your situation, I'm afraid not. The risk of information leaks would be too great.

Raptorblaze
August 22nd, 2013, 01:48 AM
Locking because this is pointless now that game has began. PM the hosts or post in their FAQ for any further questions.

Slaol
September 30th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I claim Prophet: you can't lynch me until the inner vault opens (which can't happen until the game begins), so you might as well just shift your votes over to Gerik (who is the culted serial godfarsonist).

Necessary quote. This was not hand picked, he random'd into the role he claimed here. It was pretty hilarious.