PDA

View Full Version : S-FM : LOST IN THE AMAZON

Sen
June 30th, 2013, 06:04 PM
LOST IN THE AMAZON

A group of people from all around the world went for a trip to the deep area of the Amazon rainforest.
It was the first day of the trip and everything seemed like the beginning of a great adventure.
Everyone was having fun, although some were a bit scared by that tale that the guide told them about stories of missing persons on the area.
Some say there is a cannibal tribe, others that it was a crazy doctor who disappeared two decades ago after a plane crash.
The fact that cellphones and radios were dead in that part of the area didn't help making them feel better, but the guide reassured them that they were safe with him and his rifle.

All of that changed the following morning when they found his lifeless body behind a tree. His neck was broken and all of his belongings were missing.
- We must get out of here! - screamed a voice.
- I knew those tales were true!
- Anyone remembers the way back to the city? - asked a lady while fruitlessly trying to make a phone call.
Nobody replied. They were lost.
Some started crying, others remained silent, pondering their options.
The rest started trying to remember the way and kept checking their phones.

Anything they were discussing was interrupted when one of the youngest in the group broke the silence with a scream of joy:
- Well, at least we have enough reserves for a lifetime.
The group walked to where he was and looked in shock a massive marijuana plantation extending in all directions.
A couple were about to join the other guy in his excitement, but soon realized that plantations and druglords often come in pairs.
It didn't take long for the group to decide that, even if they couldn't remember the way, the best path would be that which leads as far away from that plantation as possible.
- What about the guide? We can't leave him like that; he has a family. We should at least bury him.
Anyone who thought that was a bad idea was too ashamed to mention it.

After the funeral rites, the group started moving in the opposite direction of the plantation.
Some said they were on the right track, while others were constantly complaining.
- We never saw that river earlier, I told you it wasn't this way!
There was noone to blame; the whole place looked the same and only and expert could tell the difference between that place and the one where they were 30 minutes ago.

With the morale down and feeling tired after all the recent events, the group took a break to eat and recover energy.
- Where did you say you come from? I don't remember seeing you in the bus from town. - inquired an elder man.
- I could swear we weren't this many a few hours ago. - joked another man.
- Actually, I think you're right. Luckily I took a picture when we first met, let's...
His words were interrupted when the young guy started violently vomiting blood all over the place.
Some approached to him to see what was going on, but they immediatly backed off in dread as the young guy coughed more blood before falling down to the ground.
- Is.... is he ok? - mumbled a voice in the background.
- He is dead... - the old man replied.
- My god! Was he infected with something!? We're all gonna die!
The panic took over for some moments until the elder man calmed the group:
- It's not contagious. This man was clearly poisoned.
People were shocked after watching two deaths in just a couple of hours, but knowing that it wasn't contagious made them feel a bit better.
- Maybe... maybe it was a spider, right? It must have been...
- Who did this to my camera!?

The device had been smashed to the ground while everyone was distracted with the guy's death.
Someone wanted to get rid of those photos.
The members of the group started looking at each other in distrust when it started raining.
Despite the current events, staying out in the rain was a sure death.
The group quickly set camp as they could and started trying to figure out what was was going on.

Poisoner
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden

Possible roles for Hidden: Roleblocker, Voyeur, Cop, Tracker, Investigator, Veteran, Vigilante, Elite Bodyguard, Mason, Bulletproof, Vanilla, Godfather, Roleblocker, Goon, Role Cop, Blackmailer, Framer, Traitor.

Roleblocker
- Block one person each night.
- You cannot be roleblocked.

Voyeur
- You can spy a person each night to see what happens to them.

Cop
- Check one person each night to detect if they are innocent or guilty.

Tracker
- Track a person each night to know who they visited.

Investigator
- Check one person each night to see information about their role.

Veteran
- You can go on alert X times.
- You will kill anyone who visits you while you're on alert.

Vigilante
- You can kill one person at night.
- Limited to X kills.

Doctor
- Heal one person each night.
- You will be notified if your target is attacked or poisoned.

Elite Bodyguard
- You can protect somebody at night.
- You will kill the first one who tries to kill your target.
- You will die while defending your target.

Mason
- If you're the only Mason, you can try to recruit someone at night.
- Only VTs can be recruited.
- You can communicate privately with other Masons.

Bulletproof
- You can use a bulletproof vest X times.

VT
- You have no night actions.

Godfather
- You appear to be innocent to investigative roles.
- You cannot be killed at night.
- You decide who will be targeted by the mafia each night.
- Select who performs the factional kill each night.
- You can discuss privately with the mafia.

Roleblocker
- Block one person each night.
- You cannot be roleblocked.

Goon

Role Cop
- Check one person's exact role each night.

Blackmailer
- Select a victim everynight.
- Your victims cannot announce that they are blackmailed.
- You can force your victim to say one thing (a single post) during the day.
- The victim will have to post your message during the first 24 hours of the day.
- Your victim won't be allowed to deny the contents of that post or suggest in any way that it was the result of blackmailing.
Failing to comply with the two points above will result in that player dying the following night.

Framer
- Pick a target at night and make them appear as members of the mafia to investigative roles.

Poisoner
(pre-game: Choose to either be bulletproof or to appear as innocent to investigative roles)
- Poison a person everynight.
- The poisoned victim will die at a random moment during the next day.
- Your victim will not know that he was poisoned.
- Your ability ignores bodyguard and bulletproof protection.

Possibility of a maximum of two players having the Lover modifier (besides their original role).
Lover
- You will die if your lover (PLAYER) dies.
- You can communicate privately with your lover.

Possibility of one of the members of the mafia being a Traitor.
For the rest of the mafia:
- There is an undercover mafioso in the town, but his identity is unknown to you.
For the traitor:
- You're part of the mafia, but don't know the identities of the rest.
- You appear as innocent to investigative roles.

Town: Eliminate Mafia and Neutral Killers.
Mafia: Eliminate Town and Neutral Killers.
Poisoner: Be the last person alive.

1: Vests.
2: Veteran alert.
3: Roleblocks.
4: Voyeur & Tracker spy. (Voyeur will still be able to see 1 & 3) (Tracker will still detect 3).
5: Bodyguard protects.
6: Poisoner poisons.
7: Framing.
8: Investigator & Cop investigate.
9: Blackmailing.
10: Mason recruitment.
11: Kills.
12: Heals.
13: Suicides.

- Do not edit posts.
- Don't use anything but the forums to communicate with other players.
- No PMs allowed.
- Use the VOTE/UNVOTE tags to vote someone.
- All direct questions to the mod should be in green color.
- Not allowed to quote PMs from the mod.
- No screenshots.
- Small images are allowed.
- No video.
- English only.
- Be clear when telling me your actions via PM. RP is encouraged in the public/day chat, but please keep your instructions PMs concise. format (-action target. action notes if any).
- At least 3 good (no one-liners/filler/check-in posts) everyday. Failing to do so will result in replacement.
INSTANT NIGHT MECHANICS:
Unlike standard games with an arbitrary night duration, this setup will force players to pick their night actions during the day. Then, once the day is over, I'll process all the actions sent to me by the players and immediatly start the next day after that.

Each player will be allowed to send me up to three targets: The players will use their actions on the first target, unless that target dies during the day, then the ability will be used on the second target and so on.
On day one, and on other days if the Poisoner is dead, only two targets will be allowed.

Players with night chat abilities will have permanent access to their night chats during the day.

Players are allowed to change their targets during the day, as long as they do so before the day ends. I will only consider the last PM that a player sends.

Last wills and deathnotes will also be updated during the day, and just as with the actions, I will only check the last PM sent to me when looking for last wills and death notes.

- Framed players will show as guilty to the sheriff.
- If an Investigator checks a framed player, he will come up as a random pairing which includes a scum role that is currently in the game.
- The Voyeur can see everything that happens to a player, except passive abilities like the Godfather's vest, but he will know if a Bulletproof vests up. This only includes role-based actions, but not other stuff like talking to other players.
- The Role Cop will always see the exact role, the only exceptions are the Traitor and the Poisoner, if the he chooses to have detection immunity, in which case that's what the Role Cop will see.
- Trackers follow their targets, but don't enter the house after their targets, so a Tracker following someone who dies to a Veteran would survive.
- A Voyeur, on the other hand, can and will die to an alerted Veteran.

- Doctors can prevent poisoning and any kind of death except for suicides (Lover death after the other Lover dies counts as suicide).
- Bodyguards can only protect against Vigilantes and Mafia, but won't be able to prevent poisoning. Bodyguards won't protect against a Veteran and will survive if their target visits an alerted Veteran, but if the alerted Veteran is the Bodyguard's target, then the Bodyguard will die.
- Vigilantes will lose a shoot anytime they attack, no matter if their target survives because of a bulletproof vest or if a doctor heals them after.
- A Doctor can heal a single attack each night; if someone is attacked more than once, he will die unless there are as many Doctors as there are attackers targeting him that night.
- If more than one Doctor is protecting someone who only gets attacked once, only one of them will get notified that they healed te target.

Town loses all ties.
Mafia wins ties with town, loses against Poisoner.
Poisoner wins any tie.

Death messages:
- NAME was shot to death. (kills)
- NAME cut his/her wrists. (suicide)

Target immunity:
- You shoot name, but he survives thanks to a bulletproof vest.

Saved:
- (Healed from poison) You were poisoned. Luckily for you, a passing by doctor noticed the symptoms and saved you.
- (Healed from kill) Someone attacked you and left you for dead, but a stranger healed you and then went away.
- (Saved by Bodyguard) Someone tried to kill you, but a stranger confronted the attacker while you ran away.

Roleblocked:
- Tou were roleblocked last night. Your night action (if any) failed.

Immune:
- You were attacked, but your bulletproof vest kept you alive while you ran away.

Blackmailed:
- Someone left the following note for you:
Tomorrow, I want you to say what is written below the line.
I will kill you if you fail to do so, or if you hint others that you're doing this against your will.
I want you to say exactly what I write; don't change a single word of it. You've been warned.
----------------------------------------------
NOTE.

Voyeur feedback:
- Someone blocked your target. (Roleblockers)
- A member of the local police checked your target. (RoleCop/Cop)
- Someone followed your target home. (Tracker/Voyeur)
- Someone sneaked into your target's house and checked his personal objects. (Investigator/Framer)
- Someone with a gun visited your target. (Mafia/Vigilante/Elite Bodyguard)
- Someone poured a liquid on your target's food. (Doctor/Poisoner)
- Your target wore a bulletproof vest. (Bulletproof)
- Someone slipped a note under your target's door. (Blackmailer/Mason)

Cop feedback:
- Your target is guilty.
- Your target is innocent.

Tracker feedback:
Your target visited NAME.

Investigator feedback:
- You deduce that your target is a
VT, Goon or Mason.
Roleblocker, Tracker or Framer.
Vigilante, Veteran, Poisoner or Elite Bodyguard
Role Cop, Cop or Doctor.
Voyeur, Investigator or Blackmailer.

Veteran feedback:
If alerted:
- You notice someone wandering around your tent. You immediatly pull out your rifle and open fire.
- You can go on alert X times.

Vigilante feedback:
- You have X shoots left.

Doctor feedback:
- Your target was poisoned last night.
- Your target was attacked last night.

Elite Bodyguard feedback:
- Someone attacked your target, but you got into the way and fought the attacker.

Mason feedback:
- You couldn't recruit your target.
- You successfully recruited NAME.

VT feedback:
- You were recruited by NAME.

Bulletproof feedback:
- You have X bulletproof vests left.

Role Cop feedback:
- Your target is ROLE.

Lover feedback:
- NAME, you lover, is dead. You can't imagine living without him/her and you decide to end your life.

- Day start with lynch.
- 24 hour days. Hammering doesn't end day.
- Instant nights.
- Last wills are allowed.
Optionally, a player dying during the day might have a last post for his/her last words.
- Death notes are allowed for all killing roles but the poisoner.

Can traitor also be lover?
Yes.

Even the town killing are allowed to use death note?
Yes.

Can one of the lover be mafia?
Yes.

If one of the lover is mafia, can he reveal to his mafia who is his lover?
Yes.

Does immune to detection help against Tracker or Voyeur?
No. Only works against Sheriff and Investigator.

Does a Cop know the difference between checking Mafia and checking the Poisoner?
No. A Cop will only get innocent or guilty as a result.

Is a Second/Third Poisoner possible?
No. There will be a single Poisoner. The remaining roles will be either Town or Mafia.

Are roleblockers informed of failed roleblock?
No.

Can the Godfather be sent for the kill?
Yes.

Since there is no night, do the Mafias/Masons/Lovers have a constant private chat?
Yes. They'll have permanent access to their private chats.

Can the GF send a Traitor to do the Mafia Night Kill?
No. Only Mafia members who share their private chat can do the kill.
In case all non-Traitor Mafia members die, the Traitor will be notified of it and will be able to perform the kills.

If a majority lynch is reached at any point during the day, is that player locked into being hammered?
Yes. After I unlock the thread, the player gets a last words post and then gets lynched. Players can keep discussing during the rest of the day, but no other lynch can occur during that day.

powerofdeath
June 30th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Victim will die at random moment at the next day: you should go to random.org and put in 1-24 and the Xth hour of the day is when he will die

Even the town killing are allowed to use death note?

Can one of the lover be mafia?

If one of the lover is mafia, can he reveal to his mafia who is his lover?

ika
June 30th, 2013, 06:58 PM
suggestion for name:

S-FM Hidden Poisoner

makes sens for the 12 hidden roles and then a single poisioner

Sen
June 30th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Yes to all questions.

EDIT: The Hidden Poisoner sounds good. I may go with that one. Thanks.

powerofdeath
June 30th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Can traitor also be lover?

Sen
June 30th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Yes. Although I think I won't allow for both lovers to be scum. That would be way too OP for the town.

Hypersniper
July 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Seems like a good game and I hope it gets approved

Sen
July 3rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Added some more info and Framer as a possible role for mafia.

Seems like a good game and I hope it gets approved

Hypersniper
July 3rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
And if it does get approved I want a presign and a name might help and a epic rp a good name

The hidden man

Sen
July 3rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Do you know how to change the thread's title?

Also, will add feedback messages in some minutes.

Any opinions/suggestions?
I'd like to have everything ready by the time an admin starts reviewing this, to speed up the process.

EDIT: Added feedback messages and tie mechanics.
I have a couple of themes in mind and will edit the name and the role names later.

I also want to add a non-killing/non-cult neutral to the mix, but I still don't decide which one.

Hypersniper
July 4th, 2013, 12:26 PM
click edit then click go advanced then change add a amne with a backstory of being poisoned but survived but isnow a amne could be a rp

Sen
July 6th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Ok. After some evaluations, I decided not to add any other neutral role; having a closed setup is already an anti-town element, that's why I went with less than 20 random roles in the first place, adding the possibility of another third-party would only make it harder for the town.

Now I'm considering making all killing roles (except Poisoner) feedback the same, so roles can't be auto confirmed just by looking to the death descriptions.

Sen
July 15th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Updates:
- Feedback from kills will be the same, no matter the role.
- Removed Hated modifier.

Poriomania
July 15th, 2013, 03:04 PM
/presign.

Am I allowed to ask if this is a low or high powered game?

Sen
July 16th, 2013, 12:47 PM
/presign.

Am I allowed to ask if this is a low or high powered game?

I'd rather not hint about the final role list. (:

Poriomania
July 17th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Seeing standard mafia role names (Role Cop, Vanilla Town, Tracker, et al) makes me smile.

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Seeing standard mafia role names (Role Cop, Vanilla Town, Tracker, et al) makes me smile.

Funny, I think Sheriff, Citizen and Detective are standard. xD

Sen
July 21st, 2013, 07:54 PM
I guess it depends on where you're used to play.
It can be a bit confusing sometimes (I remember my first Sc2Mafia game where it took me a couple of minutes to figure out that the Executioner was actually a Lyncher), so if people in here feel more comfortable with nonstandard names, I can change them.

Also. I don't think I'll be adding RP. To be honest, I only want to host this to be able to host a 17-18 players cult game. d:

The night chat forum is already done and I already randomed the roles. I'll just run some emulations and try to find weak spots, but I think everything should be ready by tomorrow, in case an admin wants to check it or start asking me questions about it.

EDIT: Screw that, just added some RP:

Cryptonic
July 22nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Does a Cop know the difference between checking Mafia and checking the Poisoner?
Is a Second/Third Poisoner possible? If so, do they win together?
Roleblock feedback? Are roleblockers informed of failed roleblock?
Since there is no night, do the Mafias/Masons/Lovers have a constant private chat?
If a majority lynch is reached at any point during the day, is that player locked into being hammered? Or is it just whoever has the most votes at the end of the day? If that's how it works, what happens in the event of a tie?

Sen
July 22nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
No. Only works agains Sheriff and Investigator.

No. A Cop will only get innocent or guilty as a result.

Is a Second/Third Poisoner possible? If so, do they win together?
No. There will be a single Poisoner. The remaining roles will be either Town or Mafia.

Roleblock feedback?
Ah, right. Forgot to add it... d:

Are roleblockers informed of failed roleblock?
No.

Yes.

Yes. They'll have permanent access to their private chats.

No. Only Mafia members who share their private chat can do the kill.

If a majority lynch is reached at any point during the day, is that player locked into being hammered?
Yes. After I unlock the thread, the player gets a last words post and then gets lynched. Players can keep discussing during the rest of the day, but no other lynch can occur during that day.--

Edit: Adding on the Traitor subject; if all the other Mafia members are dead and there's a Traitor, the Traitor will be notified and will be able to perform the Mafia kills.

Cryptonic
August 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
Queue Requirements:

13 or less players:
Yes

25 or less possible roles:
Yes

Role list:
Yes. However, please separate the 12x Hidden Any's onto different lines.

Possible roles:
No. Please include a list of what roles the Hidden Any can be (to show that it excludes Poisoner).

Win Conditions:
Yes

Rolecards (including host options):
Yes

Order of Operations:
Yes

Investigative Pairings:
Yes

Rules of Conduct:
Yes

Mechanics:
Yes

Action:
N/A for games posted prior to 010813

Sen
August 1st, 2013, 09:48 PM
Ok. Fixed.

Cryptonic
August 10th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Max 2 Lovers?
It all looks good now, though. Nice work for a first setup.

Sen
August 10th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Max 2 Lovers?
It all looks good now, though. Nice work for a first setup.

Yes. Max of two Lovers. And thank you. (:

Cryptonic
August 11th, 2013, 08:30 AM
http://www.digital-clarity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Google-approved.png

Sen
August 11th, 2013, 08:36 AM
yay. ♥

Ganondorf
August 17th, 2013, 11:49 PM
If the host goes to bed right before a big lynch, do we have permission to find a new host so that we can get back to the game?

Dagaen
August 18th, 2013, 12:11 AM
If the host goes to bed right before a big lynch, do we have permission to find a new host so that we can get back to the game?

-repick

:D

Ganondorf
August 18th, 2013, 12:43 AM
-repick

Some players want to repick.

Helz
August 18th, 2013, 12:46 AM
-Repick

Feedback will come soon

Ganondorf
August 18th, 2013, 12:48 AM
You voted to repick.

Slaol is the new host.

powerofdeath
August 18th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Everyone need to sleep, sen is a human not a computer

Give him some time... I find this really rude. Sen is a wonderful host

Dagaen
August 18th, 2013, 01:08 AM
You voted to repick.

Slaol is the new host.

It's always like this, lol :D

Ok, let Sen sleep, I think we are all having fun in this FM so he deserved it^^

Ganondorf
August 18th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Everyone need to sleep, sen is a human not a computer

Give him some time... I find this really rude. Sen is a wonderful host

Not meant to be an insult to his hosting, but I just can't go to sleep until I can speak again. If that means staying up until 8 playing LoL, so be it.

Titus
August 18th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Damn. I just picked up my drunk hubs. I am probably not gunna be around when the thread opens. Make sure those night actions r in.

Sen
August 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
lol. Sorry, guys. Thread is open again.

Slaol
August 18th, 2013, 06:33 AM
You voted to repick.

Slaol is the new host.

-Add 5 Cultists, 2 Masons, 3 neutral evils, 5 neutral benigns
*start*