MAKE

A
MAFIA
THEMED
SOUL
CHESS

AscendedOne
September 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
Huh..... Someone actually remembers soulchess? I loved that game.... Wouldnt turn down a soulchess if its any good.

CaressMeTenderly
September 3rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
yeah soul chess was like
literally
the best game
on wc3

Elixir
September 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
Never heard of it. Can get on epicwar?

found eet: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/107912/

then remembered I dont have war 3 anymore ;/

AscendedOne
September 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
yeah soul chess was like
literally
the best game
on wc3

I'm not sure if it was the best, but it was DAMNED good.....

AscendedOne
September 3rd, 2011, 11:33 PM
The reason I was surprised is cuz soulchess wasnt that popular. Guess it wasn't beginner friendly or somethin. Course dota flooded the map screen anyways...

Dark.Revenant
September 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
The combat mechanics were the shit in that game.

And by the shit I mean they were extremely shitty. They should have been mini micro battles or something.

Eh, who knows. I might do it, I might not. If I did do this, the game would be less chess and more hex/quad-grid strategy with combat being resolved via a small micro battle. A marine unit would have 8 marines, 2 medics, 1 marauder, and 1 firebat, for a familiar example. I'd rather do something like that if it was for the Marketplace though, because it's ideal for marketplace (only need a couple players to be in the game; mafia requires 15 people to buy the game just to fill one lobby, which is less than ideal). I'd also need a lot of models.

AscendedOne
September 3rd, 2011, 11:46 PM
DR curiously, what games did you like in wc3?

CaressMeTenderly
September 4th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Oh god, no, that sounds terrible.
Macro > Micro.
The battles in that game were way more entertaining than trying to juggle controlling 10 different units can ever be.

Part of what made that game so hilariously awesome was fucking around with move speed, kiting, and all that shit.
*RUNS AROUND FOREVER WITH REGENERATING SKELETON ARCHER.*
or oh god somehow abusing mapping to dodge a flame wall

EagleMan
September 4th, 2011, 01:05 AM
I didn't care for the battles. They just felt like an unnecessary injunction of luck into a game that's supposed to be strategic and organized, especially one that is inspired by chess. Something like what Rev said would be preferable if the battle system had to remain.

mrzwach
September 4th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Soulchess was a pretty awesome game, gotta say.

I'd honestly say either make battles more tactical and less luck based or remove them entirely and focus more on the turn-based strategy part of the game.

On an unrelated note, are you planning on working on any projects that besides in the near future Rev?

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 6th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I want to know what Rev is working on right now, if anything at all. Also I want to know if he's going to work on that Turn-Based Strategy game he was working on WC3.