PDA

View Full Version : S-FM Divergence

Poriomania
June 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM
This used to be such a peaceful auditorium, and you were all watching one of the great Shakespeare's plays. But someone went and got themselves killed, and rumors abound that an insidious group of individuals have organized a mafia.

Now one of them locked all of the doors out of this place.

This is mafia, folks. Let the games begin.

Divergence Mafia: A game for 12 players.

---

Role List
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any

Win Conditions
Town: All anti-town roles must be killed.
Mafia: Control the lynch.
Neutral: Control the lynch OR be the last player alive.

Description
This is a closed setup, which means that the role list isn't revealed. Each role is secret, and players can falseclaim anything.

Players will have to rely on post analysis more than role flips in a closed setup.

Rules

1. 48 hour Days, 24 hour Nights. The game will start at Day 1. Be prepared to talk.

2. No editing posts, PM quoting, PMing, all that jazz. I don't want to modkill players.

3. This is a Closed Setup. I can't tell you anything about how many Town there are, or how many scum there are. Or if even there's a neutral in the setup! You'll just have to guess for yourself. But I will give you one hint...

4. There are no jesters, cults, or anything that disrupts the core spirit of the game. Behavioral Analysis is Behavioral Analysis, and you'll have to hone your skills to succeed in this game.

5. It will require a majority to Hard Lynch (successfully) lynch a player. It will take a half of a majority to soft lynch (lynch a player if a deadline occurs). Ties will result in no lynch.

6. Rolecalling early will not break the game. The setup will punish you if you try to mod or flavorgame it. I don't recommend it!

7. The only game discussion should take place in the observer chat, in the thread, or in a mentor chat.

11. Respect your fellow players, and have fun. If you don't have fun, I will modkill you or replace you, and that would be bad, wouldn't it?

Possible Roles

Town

Vanilla Town
You have no power except your vote.

Sheriff
You can check a person's alignment each Night.

Doctor
You can protect a player from a Nightkill each Night.

X-Shot Vigilante
You can kill a player at Night. You have X shots of this.

Detective
You can choose a player and learn who they targeted that Night.

Lookout
You can choose a player and learn who targeted that player that Night.

Masons
You are Masons with another player and you both are confirmed town to each other. You can talk to each other at Night.

Jailor
You can choose a player at Night and jail them, roleblocking and protecting them from all Nightkills made that Night.

Bodyguard
You can choose a player at Night and guard them. If that player would die that Night, you die instead.

Doublevoter
You can vote two times.

Mafia

Goon
You can perform the Nightkill.

Consort
You can choose a player at Night and roleblock them.

Godfather
You investigate at "innocent" to all sheriffs.

Role Cop
You can choose a player at Night and get a copy of their role PM.

Ninja
When you perform the Nightkill, you will be invisible to any detectives or lookouts.

Neutral

Serial Killer
Kill a player each Night.

Order of Operations:

1. Immunities
2. Roleblocking
3. Protecting
4. Killing actions
5. Anything else

Damus_Graves
June 8th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Pre-sign please.

Will you be handcrafting the Town/Non-Town ratio yourself or allowing a random generator to do so?

I would suggest limiting the day time to be at most 48 hours. Closed setup will require a longer period of time to talk in the day chat but most of the players here will LOL Afk most of it and that will hurt the game.

Poriomania
June 8th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Sure.

1. Myself.

2. Will do.

Cryptonic
June 8th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Make it so day only ends with lynch lol

ika
June 8th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Doublevoter
You can vote two times.

only way for that role to work is to do manual vote counts. is that the plan? or will you do some sort of mayor thing for double voter?

Cryptonic
June 8th, 2013, 02:10 PM
At first I was joking, but the more I think about a game where day only ends with lynch, the more I wanna make a setup with that setting lol

Poriomania
June 8th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Make it so day only ends with lynch lol

What do you mean by this?

What happens if no one votes, then?

only way for that role to work is to do manual vote counts. is that the plan? or will you do some sort of mayor thing for double voter?

I'm fine with doing manual vote counts, but what's this mayor thing?

ika
June 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/15578-New-vote-system-tutorial

do the confirmed mayor is what im kinda talking about it allows a person vote to count for more then one but they are mayor. Becasue double voter is pretty mucha confirmed town by the looks of it

Poriomania
June 8th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah, will do. Scum doublevoters are insanely powerful, and so it won't reduce the functionality that much.

I'll ship the setup over to Cryptonic or Borkbot.

Titus
June 8th, 2013, 05:14 PM
What happens if the Godfather/Goon/Ninja are dead? Is someone else promoted to get a night kill?

Why is vigilante an X shot? Will the vigilante know how many shots they have?

What is operation 2? That sounds like a witch but I'm not seeing a witch in the setup.

I have no clue what a "first strike" action is. Actions 3-5 also I have no clue on either. Can you rephrase/define these?

Damus_Graves
June 8th, 2013, 05:24 PM
2. Controlling another player's actions
3. First strike non-killing actions
4. Gaining actions
5. Losing actions
9. Rescuing / Reviving
10. Sending items or messages

You are gonna need to explain these because I have not seen a role that is able to do this that you have listed as possible in game.

Poriomania
June 8th, 2013, 06:38 PM
What happens if the Godfather/Goon/Ninja are dead? Is someone else promoted to get a night kill?

Why is vigilante an X shot? Will the vigilante know how many shots they have?

What is operation 2? That sounds like a witch but I'm not seeing a witch in the setup.

I have no clue what a "first strike" action is. Actions 3-5 also I have no clue on either. Can you rephrase/define these?

Any member of the mafia can forgo their night action in order to kill.

That's just a variable-number vig as freedom for me to define number of shots.

I stole the OoO from another site, but most of the terms are irrelevant. Don't mind it.

ika
June 8th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I stole the OoO from another site, but most of the terms are irrelevant. Don't mind it.

It needs to be fixed to refect on the roles js

Poriomania
June 8th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, will fix it soon.

Not in a working mood now.

ypmagic
June 8th, 2013, 11:45 PM
48 hour days? ;(

clementine
June 11th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Needs 3 week-long days. Totally serious about this. 48 hours barely gets you out of RVS :p

Cryptonic
June 26th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hey Porio, can you send me a roles list at your earliest convenience? I'll have a look at it and your setup shortly.

Does Bodyguard kill the attacker as well, or just die in place of his target?

Can double voter vote 2 different people, or does he have a single vote that counts for 2?

Is Doctor informed of successful heals?

Since this will be your first time hosting here, do you have a nightchat setup?

Deathnotes or Last wills possible?

Although I'm sure it doesn't, I want to clarify this for signees: Does SK kill roleblockers?

Poriomania
June 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM
1. Will die in place of the target. That's not a mistype.

2. Votes two different people. Can't cause multiple lynches, however.

3. No.

4. Yes.

5. Hm. I'll think about it and will provide a definite answer when I host.

6. No, it does not.

Cryptonic
June 26th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Can vote 2x for the same person, aswell?

Poriomania
June 27th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Indeed.

Titus
June 27th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Night chat setups are usually done by signing up for a free forum. Whatever you do, do not upgrade the forum the night before starting. Also, don't allow players to do anything that would require changing security settings at the last bloody moment. (A)

The free forum would then have security settings to where only certain accounts can see certain forums. You register all the accounts as the host and give the passwords to the players. If any new person registers, you should have them default to seeing nothing.

Hypersniper
June 30th, 2013, 03:48 PM
/presign

deathworlds
July 5th, 2013, 07:24 AM
/presign

Sen
July 6th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I've played SC2 mafia with you and had you modding a mini chat mafia. You've proven to be a great Mafia player, so this is guaranteed to be fun.

/presign

Are you using Ninja as a role modifier or as a role by itself?

Dagaen
July 6th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Looks like quality fun!

/presign

Poriomania
July 6th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I've played SC2 mafia with you and had you modding a mini chat mafia. You've proven to be a great Mafia player, so this is guaranteed to be fun.

/presign

Are you using Ninja as a role modifier or as a role by itself?

As a role by itself.