PDA

View Full Version : Why should witch not kill off and control mafia to protect itself?

Fred323
May 10th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Every time I have ever exposed myself to mafia as witch they just murder me the next night, it is much better to find their killer and use him to kill off the other players so you are in control of who they kill, maybe even their own (you have no way to tell who their own are), instead of being random targeted or murdered by them after exposing yourself to them.

I think there needs to be the option of there being some kind of consequence to discourage murdering your own side, mafia has no reason to ever let the witch live.

As it is now if you want to have a chance of winning you need to find their killer and control them (which will likely annoy them) to protect yourself. Unless they get a majority and lynch you... which is a reason to keep their numbers low too.

Fulla
May 10th, 2011, 09:09 AM
The thing is the Witch is neutral and a result naturally people argue she should play as 'Neutral'. Also alot of players in public games playing Mafia roles haven't been the Witch before and don't realize she's sort of 'allied' with you.

If DR reads this, I'd ask please make it a little clearer that Witch wins if Mafia wins! (So long alive).

Clawtrocity
May 10th, 2011, 09:13 AM
That's what I do as a witch. I keep looking for people who can kill and once I do I pm them acting like an investigator. If they cave and say they are mafia and who the other mafia are then I keep using him to kill people, but he could always be a vigilante acting like that so when I say I'm witch he can turn me in and get me lynched. Just like always it's a game of lying and deceit.

Twisted
May 10th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I have helped mafia as a witch one game, not by controlling them but by making doctors not heal, sheriffs investigating themselves, and playing myself off as a survivor near the end. I did not even try controlling mafia because I don't want to make one of em kill another. Come the final days, 2 mafia, 1 doctor and me. I come out and say im a witch controlling the town people to make the mafia win, they go "lol no your a survivor, we gonna kill you for more points". I control the doctor that night, heal myself and then next day comes. They go lol going to lynch you. The 2 mafia and doctor lynch me... They would not have won with out me, there were 2 sheriffs and 2 doctors that game and every night I essentially made their investigations useless, and near the end made the doctors useless. Looking back I should have offered the doctor to make town win by forcing the mafia to kill each other before he lynched me out of spite toward the mafia.

So ya, unfortunately unless you think you can trust the mafia never reveal yourself. It is unfortunate because the witch is many times better when played strategically (like having doctors not heal a revealed sheriff or causing a sheriff to investigate himself every night). But you have to play selfishly and control your killer if you find him for your own benefit.

Mysterymeat
May 10th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I think witch is a very powerful role in some respects but very weak in others. She can makes vigs kill townies, make docs and sheriffs virtually useless, and give mafia large amount of help. However, she is hard to win as. I've never seen witch win, as she can be killed by everything and be trialed by town with no loss. She is effectively a mafia role almost so I think she should be immune to be killed by them but weakened in that she can only control each person once. It hink that would balence witch out.

Dark.Revenant
May 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM
The Witch is not allied with the Mafia. The Witch is NOT allied with the Mafia.

Also, the Witch can get a LOT of points for winning, nearly as much as a SK or Arsonist.

Itsawitch!
May 10th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Heres why us mafia kill you: BECAUSE you kill us off and control us to protect yourself. Why should we bother helping someone who does nothing but hinder us?

I've been in many games where the witch kills off ALL but one of the mafia, and he refuses to use his ability. Basically, she stagnates the game nearly completely with her bullcrap.

Faceless
May 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Usually when the witch kills all of the mafia really soon it's just horrible, horrible luck. If it's late game and the mafia has become more obvious, then it's just a dumb witch. Dumb players can screw up the game regardless of their role.