PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Arsonist / Serial Killer / Mass Murderer - New Options

Cryptonic
May 31st, 2013, 09:43 AM
I suggest that the Neutral Killers should have an option so that they can be immune to detection. I feel that they shouldn't have both detection & attack immunity, so I would recommend giving an invalid notification if trying to start the game with both checked off. I think that this would be an interesting change that will bring more diversity to games.

Slaol
May 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Negative- if is a nerf to these neutral evils because their life is so valuable that surviving night kills is worth a lot more since you can't talk your way out of it.
Positive- it allows for special save building around towns with killing capability but less investigation, as well as pitting invulnerable and invisible neutral evils against each other and having town have to split its power to find each.
Also- I think most games will stick to invulnerability for most games, but I could see this going on Arsonist.

I actually have a 4 Mafia+Cult save so it doesn't impact my save much, but I'd be fine with this implementation.

Cryptonic
May 31st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Yea, I was mostly leaning towards Arsonist, but thought all should have it.

Could we maybe get the points on Neutral Killers jacked up? Mafia has GF who's immune to RB/Investigation/Killing and has 2 other night actions and 2 other votes in a regular save. Although, I do guess in a 1v1v1, town sides with NK more than Mafia.

Slaol
May 31st, 2013, 11:00 AM
I think points should go.
(50 points/winning players)
Town will get 5ish
Mafia will get 16ish
Neutrals get 50 unless they split with other neutrals

Deantwo
May 31st, 2013, 03:35 PM
At least with Sheriff, this is already possible.

SC2Mafia Wiki: Sheriff#Options (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Sheriff#Options)

Only Investigator, Detective, and Lookout can find them then.
Investigator is already on my dislike list.

Cryptonic
May 31st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Hmmm good point, Dean. Time to edit my Sheriff.

Slaol
May 31st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Do you plan on keeping the invulnerability?
I've given Cult immunity to Sheriff before. (But my cult has 2 night cooldown)

Brigade
September 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
I think points should go.
(50 points/winning players)
Town will get 5ish
Mafia will get 16ish
Neutrals get 50 unless they split with other neutrals

I think each group should be allocated 50. Survivors get 2x points.

Thus:
10 town win, 5 died, the 5 survivors get 7, the 5 dead ones get 3 (35 + 15 = 50)
3 mafia win, 2 died, the last one gets 30, the 2 dead get 10 (30 + 20 = 50)
Neutrals divide among winners/surviviors.

Math might require some playing with .. maybe not base 50, or not 2x points for faction survivors.

Pros = reward survivors, people that play well and survive.
Negative = encourages 'won' games to troll other faction members for more points.

I have a friend that's a mathematician .. and he loves mafia. Maybe i'll have him work up some numbers for a proposal. This doesn't take into account difficulty/number of faction members, etc.

Helz
September 1st, 2013, 05:12 PM

Thus:
10 town win, 5 died, the 5 survivors get 7, the 5 dead ones get 3 (35 + 15 = 50)

Math might require some playing with .. maybe not base 50, or not 2x points for faction survivors.

Negative = encourages 'won' games to troll other faction members for more points.

I have a friend that's a mathematician .. and he loves mafia. Maybe i'll have him work up some numbers for a proposal. This doesn't take into account difficulty/number of faction members,

I do not support this survivor idea. It gives even more reason to be selfish. Invest roles will hold leads, bus driver will not say who he bussed and the mafia will win

On the main topic I always support more options

Voss
September 3rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
I do not support this survivor idea. It gives even more reason to be selfish. Invest roles will hold leads, bus driver will not say who he bussed and the mafia will win

On the main topic I always support more options

lol town will lose of their own fault.

TheDarkestLight
September 3rd, 2013, 06:31 PM

Thus:

I have a friend that's a mathematician .. and he loves mafia. Maybe i'll have him work up some numbers for a proposal. This doesn't take into account difficulty/number of faction members, etc.

Oh I'm sure Jesters would love this.

Voss
September 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
how was that implemented? there's no new option as far as I can see?

Dark.Revenant
September 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
You'll see it in a few days.

Lazers
September 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM
RIP sheriff

Voss
September 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM
RIP sheriff

hello vigilante.