PDA

View Full Version : How Do you wiki edit?

McJesus
May 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I think I could make a lot of improvments to the mafia wiki but the problem is I've never really edited a wiki before. How do I do this? Spefically how do I make those underbar links that link all the roles together? This wiki NEEDS one.

Clawtrocity
May 9th, 2011, 08:33 PM
The wiki currently doesn't have a template for the Navbox you're talking of. I'm still a noob when it comes to Wiki so I can't do that. If you want to edit it then go ahead and make an account and click the Edit button at the top of the page you want to edit. If you want to make a new page then do a search for the page and when it doesn't find it the site will ask you to create one.

McJesus
May 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
The wiki currently doesn't have a template for the Navbox you're talking of. I'm still a noob when it comes to Wiki so I can't do that. If you want to edit it then go ahead and make an account and click the Edit button at the top of the page you want to edit. If you want to make a new page then do a search for the page and when it doesn't find it the site will ask you to create one.

Lol hopefully some people in the mafia forums know how to edit wikis. I mean really as a journalism major so I'm pretty sure I can cover this and consider wiki's serious business and plus helping to making a wiki would be good pratice for me.

oops_ur_dead
May 11th, 2011, 07:06 PM
A navbox is a good idea. I'll import it from Wikipedia if it doesn't turn out to be too complicated.

Styx
May 15th, 2011, 01:32 AM
I've added a Navbox to each of the roles page. If there's anything else you want added let me know.

To add the Navbox to pages just add this to end of the edit page:

{{RoleNavigator}}

The actual template for the Navbox can be found here:
http://wiki.thecouncilofmages.com/index.php?title=Template:RoleNavigator

McJesus
May 15th, 2011, 08:21 AM
awesome thanks, lol I still suck at writing the wiki code