PDA

View Full Version : MFM XVIII Poll

BorkBot
May 24th, 2013, 09:09 AM
The time has come to vote for the next MFM! There's quite a bit of competition this time around and therefore you will be given ample time to consider your votes. The poll will probably close somewhere towards the end of the currently ongoing main event of the site, FM 18.

The candidates for this round are as follows:

Setup 1: COMMUNITY (20p)

Host: Clementine & Gerik
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18142-M-FM-COMMUNITY

Overview: Greendale Community College has never been so warm and welcoming. Literally. The air conditioning repair school has all but closed with the departure of Troy Barnes, the death of Robert Laybourne in a “freon line rupture”, and the arrest of Murray in Season 3. But something seems to be amiss. Rumors of Laybourne and Murray’s return and desire to recruit Troy back into their ranks have surfaced. How is this even possible!!?!

Special note: A fairly normal game with a couple of less than regular roles. One of the townsfolk might just be invited to join the mafia at some point, but they do not know if they are the one.

Setup 2: The Curse of Castle Varen (20p)

Host: Cryptonic
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/17661-M-FM-The-Curse-of-Castle-Varen

Overview: Located on a lonely island stands the once majestic Castle Varen. The now decrepit Castle and untame landscape is a desired location for Historians and Thrill Seekers alike. With 42 deaths and 167 disappearances in the past 116 years, Castle Varen has built quite the reputation for itself: It's cursed. Everyone believes that the curse started after the disappearance of Lady Varen. Rumor has it that she's vanished from the island hours after having her portrait painted; some say that she was murdered by her Husband, her soul cursing the Island and the Portrait. Others, however, tell a story of how the Varen family is a Cult, converting and murderering their visitors.
Whatever the case may be, the descendants of Lady and Lord Varen held a contest, giving 17 winners an invitation to spend a night at the Castle.

Special note: Also a relatively normal setup with a couple of less than regular possible roles. There are 2 town investigative roles who know eachother's identities (but not roles) and a wide variety of possible neutral roles to spice things up, and a lot of thought seems to have gone into the story and theme.

Setup 3: Mass Killing (20p)

Host: powerofdeath
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/20102-M-FM-MASS-KILLING

Overview: Everyone is out to murder each other! The serial killers want the world to themselves, the terrorists are suicide bombers who want to watch the world burn, a sneaky jester wants to get lynched and blow up half the town and a small group of survivors just wants to live through it all. Never before has there been a game as chaotic as this. Not for the faint of heart!

Special note: The 3 survivors have a night chat and so do the 3 terrorists. This game is an extreme deviation from the standards and could be over very quickly with so many deaths, but it's still very simple by design and easy to understand. This one clearly isn't as much about solving the puzzle in day chat as it is about night action planning, though.

Setup 4: Gates to Infinity (20p)

Host: Fragos
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18977-M-FM-Gates-to-Infinity

Overview: Another incarnation of the five-sided town game. Changes were made to make it so the town has to rely on one of the other factions in order to win. So it should be a closer game this time around. The enforcers can investigate and kill, the tricksters can redirect and deceive, the outlaws can kill and stop others in their tracks, the rebels can convert town players to join their cause and the town is all about protection and communication.

Special note: In five sided town games, each faction can win with 2 other factions. However, it's only possible for 2 factions to win at most, because your allies can never win together.

Remember, smurf voting is forbidden.

ika
May 24th, 2013, 09:13 AM
no poll?

BorkBot
May 24th, 2013, 09:15 AM
No patience? :rolleyes:

Cryptonic
May 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM
editted my description as the investigatives don't have a night chat :p They only know eachother identities. :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

BorkBot
May 24th, 2013, 09:18 AM
editted my description as the investigatives don't have a night chat :p They only know eachother identities. :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Oh oops. I remembered it wrong, sorry :p

Fixed the link to cryptonic's setup.

Damus_Graves
May 25th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Each setup is intensive and imaginative. All the outcomes possible by glancing through the setup looks to make for promising games. It is really close to see who exactly is gonna get to host as they all are well crafted and interesting. This batch of M-FMs are undoubtedly going to be some of the most difficult to break open with the host experience and the type of setups that are going around. Couple this with the player base and it makes for a good start to the newest round of M-FMs. This poll should come down to who has their setup the most locked down and versed enough to climb over potential obstacles.

Clementine/Gerik has the WIFOM factor coming into this MFM Poll, Community, with the setup including a town traitor and a Wild Card Amnesiac in the standard-looking setup of Town vs. Mafia /w Neutral Killing and a sprinkling of a couple Neutral Benign slots. With the mafia being able to potentially squeeze out an extra kill in the guise of a Poisoner and the comfort of knowing they can't die to an offsetting target of a Neutral Killing, the mafia look to be in a great starting position against the seemingly number heavy Town. However this is countered by the plethora of Town Roles that can counter act these advantages the Mafia seem to hold, such as the gun totting Vigilante with an unlimited supply of bullets.

Cryptonic once again sets the stage for outstanding RP and Setup with his addition to this M-FM Poll, Curse of Castle Varen. Each faction is setup to blend beautifully with the RP setting that this game has been built around. Another standard looking game with a collection of roles that are built for maximum mayhem. Mercenaries take the early lead with knowing their members while occupants of Castle Varen have the powers to cut advantage down to size. The Thrill Seekers are left in the dark however, as they have Federal Agents set among that know whom the other are and the ability to quickly organize and gather information by way of roles that have an ability to communicate anonymously, put out feedback, or investigate.

Powerofdeath steps up to the plate with a setup to break free of standard Mafia vs. Town that we all know and love. He introduces the setup of Serial Killers banding together to take town bomb happy Terrorists that want total anarchy and destruction, not to mention the death of just about everybody. It looks like the bad guys are the good guys and the other baddies are...well more bad than before. Sprinkle in a few vestful Survivors that just want to survive the destruction and an archaic Jester that just wants a public deathifying griefs on his aggressors and you got a mixup of death, destruction, and epic rp that (literally) blows players out of their seats with every coming day.

Last but quite frankly not least is, Fragos with his tried and true Five Sided Mafia that has been modified into a M-FM this go around. This time each faction has an equal number of members with the ability to cause untold amount of chaos ranging from straight out straight out kills to redirections and misleads to conversions and basic investigations. Don't think we forget about the Town facing these overbearing odds. They have the ability to protect themselves from death with Doctors, Armorsmiths and the confirm-ability of Mayors, Journalists, and Criers to seal the deal. Enforcers, Outlaws, Rebels, Tricksters, face off with one other as the Town tries to crawl out of the upcoming dust cloud with a win under their belt. With the players being able to choose their own anon account names can you WIFOM your way out of this intensive setup?

Great setups, fantastic hosts, and a well rounded set of players. I'm looking forward to this upcoming M-FM.

powerofdeath
May 25th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Sad... No one voted for me
Im not surprised that i wouldnt win, but not even one person voted for me ):
My vote for myself doesnt count to me

Edit:
Clearly i wont win, so ima vote for something that have a chance to win instead of myself

Cryptonic
May 25th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Sad... No one voted for me
Im not surprised that i wouldnt win, but not even one person voted for me ):
My vote for myself doesnt count to me

Edit:
Clearly i wont win, so ima vote for something that have a chance to win instead of myself

It's only been open for like a day, don't stress about it too much.

powerofdeath
May 25th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Hmm, i feel that people shouldnt see who other people's votes because seeing that my and feago have 0 votes make then think they shouldnt vote our.
Frago had like 4 votes but now 0 because cryptonic is leading

AppleyNO
May 25th, 2013, 01:29 PM
First vote for Fragos here!

I love the Five Sided Mafia set-ups, and this time... lets just say I won't win LVP.

Bunny
May 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
i think its kinda weird for clementine to host the fm then be in the runnings for the mfm too. crypt didnt put his mfm in the last poll to make it more fair.

Cryptonic
May 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM
i think its kinda weird for clementine to host the fm then be in the runnings for the mfm too. crypt didnt put his mfm in the last poll to make it more fair.

Lol, Gerik is the main host, though, so it's pretty fair.

First vote for Fragos here!

I love the Five Sided Mafia set-ups, and this time... lets just say I won't win LVP.

5-sided is sexy. Although, I preferred it when only the Mafia knew who eachother were. It made it really good when everyone would lie about their faction and the faction they say they're in wouldn't know if they were telling the truth or not.

Bunny
May 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Lol, Gerik is the main host, though, so it's pretty fair.

ehh i bet its equal work. i'm just saying take a breeak you know, spread and share the hosting!

AppleyNO
May 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM
While that does sound biased coming from you, I agree that clementine hosting two big games back to back would be stressful to her, and is kinda unfair to the other hosts.

Damus_Graves
May 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM
ehh i bet its equal work. i'm just saying take a breeak you know, spread and share the hosting!

Clem and Gerik hardly ever host games.

While that does sound biased coming from you, I agree that clementine hosting two big games back to back would be stressful to her, and is kinda unfair to the other hosts.

If she wins it'll be because of the players choosing her game. Not through actions of her own. Why are we blaming hosts for a player's choice?

Bunny
May 25th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Clem and Gerik hardly ever host games.

If she wins it'll be because of the players choosing her game. Not through actions of her own. Why are we blaming hosts for a player's choice?

you don't understand at all what is being said. its nothing to do with votes or her winning or gerik. its to do with hosting.

Cryptonic
May 25th, 2013, 01:38 PM

Lol yea. I was told there is a plan for me not to host an MFM ever again, so I'm not going to be surprised if it wins lolol

Damus_Graves
you don't understand at all what is being said. its nothing to do with votes or her winning or gerik. its to do with hosting.

Player's choice says who is hosting the M-FM. -_-

Bunny

yeah i mean to all hosts! crypt not putting his mfm in the last one poll was just an example, cuz i havent seen others try and host back to back before. but thank you for seeing what i am saying!

Player's choice says who is hosting the M-FM. -_-

yes but what im saying is that i find it questionable to put the mfm in the poll, not to vote for it.........................................

Cryptonic
May 25th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Yea, I agree with Bunny's point, but it's not just clementine hosting it. Gerik hasn't hosted a game in a long time and he himself deserves a chance to host a big game.

edit: i think they stated that clementine was only co-hosting because Gerik hadn't hosted an SFM the last time an MFM poll came around.

creedkingsx
May 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
We're stopping with this argument, Damus and Bunny, both.

Bunny
May 25th, 2013, 01:49 PM
just a personal opinion, sheesh.

powerofdeath
May 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
What about me and fragos, we barely even host too

clementine
May 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM

I originally submitted the setup to cohost with Gerik before I even knew I would be a FM cohost. We lost the first poll to Slaol and ika and then I was asked to help host FM18.

Just to clarify things, Gerik will be doing ~90% of hosting the MFM if we win the poll, and I feel like I'm mainly still a cohost just since we originally submitted together. Don't not vote for the setup just because I'm listed as a cohost. In fact, if it would clear confusion maybe I should just be removed from the cohost position since I think it's misleading and Gerik deserves a chance to host MFM if people are interested in the setup.

acku11
May 25th, 2013, 08:58 PM
community/gerik/community op

Cryptonic
May 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
i was shocked glip voted for mine, but he changed it lmao

BorkBot
May 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I think this has been said before, but I'll say it again.

Cast your votes based on what setup you think you'd enjoy playing the most. Don't vote for your best friends without reading nor caring what the setups are like. If the votes aren't representative of what people actually want to play, the polls become rather meaningless.

Also don't argue about what others voted and why it's right or wrong.

Titus
May 26th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I like the 5 sided game.

Sorry PoD, I've never been a fan of many many killer setups. I like the dynamics of teams and shifting sands and what not.

powerofdeath
May 26th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I like the 5 sided game.

Sorry PoD, I've never been a fan of many many killer setups. I like the dynamics of teams and shifting sands and what not.
Its alright lol i already knew mine would never make it that far

Hypersniper
May 27th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Lol i was bribed with a presign to one of these if it wins bribes win me over ^.^^.^^.^

Cryptonic
May 27th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Lol i was bribed with a presign to one of these if it wins bribes win me over ^.^^.^^.^

lol you asked if you could presign, I didn't bribe you :P

ypmagic
May 27th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Nuuuuu I want Castle Varden......

Hypersniper
May 27th, 2013, 09:29 AM
YES U DID I ASKED FO PRESIGN IF I NO GET PRESIGN I DIONT PLAY

Cryptonic
May 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
YES U DID I ASKED FO PRESIGN IF I NO GET PRESIGN I DIONT PLAY

Lol yea I said i'd let you in :p Everyone who votes for mine will get a spot.
I'm sure most hosts honor that as well.

BUT THANK YOU FOR VOTING, GOOD SIR. YOU ARE A SAINT.

Banshis
May 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM
So I'd get a spot hmmmm. I better read more on forum mafia because I would love to start playing it.

powerofdeath
May 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
So I'd get a spot hmmmm. I better read more on forum mafia because I would love to start playing it.
Everyone is allowed to play, as long as they prove they do play sc2mafia

CmG
May 27th, 2013, 12:05 PM
I think this has been said before, but I'll say it again.

Cast your votes based on what setup you think you'd enjoy playing the most. Don't vote for your best friends without reading nor caring what the setups are like. If the votes aren't representative of what people actually want to play, the polls become rather meaningless.

Also don't argue about what others voted and why it's right or wrong.

There are a lot of people voting for setups which they won't even play. FM Game Master vote.. very funny.. It seems we need some new rules for the voting system. Kindergarden everywhere.

Bunny
May 27th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Everyone is allowed to play, as long as they prove they do play sc2mafia

i don't think you actually have to prove you play sc2mafia.. i never did.

creedkingsx
May 27th, 2013, 12:30 PM
It's more proving you are an individual person.

Bunny
May 27th, 2013, 12:31 PM
It's more proving you are an individual person.

i'm sure one could get an admin to check the IP. Don't see why its required to have a sc2 account to play on here. I didnt have one

creedkingsx
May 27th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Proxies n stuff.

Bunny
May 27th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Proxies n stuff.

still lol..

Cryptonic
May 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Proxies n stuff.

While that's true, I could easily change to EU, use my b.net name change, and get a smurf in a game :P

creedkingsx
May 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
While that's true, I could easily change to EU, use my b.net name change, and get a smurf in a game :P

y u so sinister

Cryptonic
May 27th, 2013, 01:32 PM
y u so sinister

Every good story needs a villian. :smile:

creedkingsx
May 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Every good story needs a villian. :smile:

u no villain. :o

BorkBot
May 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM
There are a lot of people voting for setups which they won't even play. FM Game Master vote.. very funny.. It seems we need some new rules for the voting system. Kindergarden everywhere.

I would create more strict rules for it if it was easy to make it fair for everyone, but in most cases where votes might seem suspect there is a grey area. What if someone's friend really does like their friend's setup better? Is he then not allowed to vote for it because they are friends? How can we say for certain if someone will or won't sign up ahead of time? And if a rule was instated that you must sign up for the setup you voted for, what if that voter's schedule doesn't allow them to participate? What if someone who isn't going to participate does take the time to read the setups and give their vote to the one they like best, just because they like to give their opinion?

It's a tough subject. I was already not going to count the FM Game Master account because multiple people have access to it and some voters might need a smurf check. I'm not sure restricting the freedom of other votes is a good idea though.

powerofdeath
May 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I was thinking people could submit their set up to you through pm and you post all set up you recieved without the host name and people would vote who have better set up and not know who is the host

TheDarkestLight
May 27th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I was thinking people could submit their set up to you through pm and you post all set up you recieved without the host name and people would vote who have better set up and not know who is the host

Couldn't they just check the Setup Approvals section to see who made it?

powerofdeath
May 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Couldn't they just check the Setup Approvals section to see who made it?

No, they are sent to borkbot through private message

But i thought of something better, anyone who want to submit a mfm have to create a smurf account, pm borkbot their true identity, and reveal to the public after voters vote

Bunny
May 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM
No, they are sent to borkbot through private message

But i thought of something better, anyone who want to submit a mfm have to create a smurf account, pm borkbot their true identity, and reveal to the public after voters vote

lol nothing to stop people from revealling which smurf is theirs to their friends

powerofdeath
May 27th, 2013, 04:59 PM
lol nothing to stop people from revealling which smurf is theirs to their friends

Infractions/ban?

BorkBot
May 27th, 2013, 06:44 PM
This is what I've cooked up with input from CmG:

If a game is chosen that user X voted for and user X decides not to /sign for it, they will be at strike one. If it happens a second time, any future votes from user X will be completely disregarded in future MFM polls.

If user X has been penalised as described above (votes don't count) and then participates in an MFM (must actually play until the end, just signing or joining and getting replaced doesn't count), they will be set back to strike one and their votes will count again.

Any past "offenders" will be set to strike one already. I will keep a list to track it.

Fragos
May 29th, 2013, 03:09 AM
We're not going to give up. Since the votes can be changed in this poll anytime, there is still a chance that another setup can win the poll. Still, even if I do not win the poll, I'll simply wait out for the next M-FM poll.

Anyway, I promised to be an active FM player, so I'll gladly join any other game that wins this poll (even if it will be something like Mass Killing). Still, for your information, I prefer large games with 20 or more players. Games with 15 or less players I usually play at SC2 Mafia. For the same reason, I won't be hosting S-FM games anymore.

CmG
June 10th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Gz Crypt!

clementine
June 10th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Congrats Cryptonic!
Aww man, it looks like there won't be very many leftover signup slots since I didn't vote for yours in the poll x___x

BorkBot
June 11th, 2013, 04:55 AM
I can't conclude this poll yet, as there may be some complications for the winner. Will update once we know more.

Cryptonic
June 13th, 2013, 07:48 AM
I was hoping the FM would be done a bit earlier or later, as I will be vacation/honeymoon June28-July13.

If you guys can play some SFMs and be patient, I can post signups and start the game when I get back from Japan. If you guys don't want to wait 1 month, Gerik can go ahead with his game.

creedkingsx
June 13th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I will be vacation/honeymoon June28-July13..

;)

Fragos
June 13th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Why won't we run 2 M-FMs at the same time once the major FM is finished?

Damus_Graves
June 13th, 2013, 11:40 AM

Are you insane?

Thats...so much...omg.

Raptorblaze
June 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM

NO

NoctiZ
June 13th, 2013, 11:44 AM

Fragos
June 13th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Oh, we I guess you are right after all. Not everyone can afford himself playing 2 M-FMs at the same time. But I thought that it would work if both of those games could have different participants each. Aussining we have about 50 people active at Sc2 mafia, we can put 20 of then in one game, 20 in another and the rest in reserves. Do you think that can work?

Damus_Graves
June 13th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Oh, we I guess you are right after all. Not everyone can afford himself playing 2 M-FMs at the same time. But I thought that it would work if both of those games could have different participants each. Aussining we have about 50 people active at Sc2 mafia, we can put 20 of then in one game, 20 in another and the rest in reserves. Do you think that can work?

No. I highly doubt there are 50 people active for FMs. We didn't even have 50 for Yayap's FM, Your FM, Clems FM. And those are big events that try out a lot of signs.

ika
June 13th, 2013, 12:20 PM
maybe we could run 2 13 player s-fms along with m-fm?