PDA

View Full Version : Forum Voting System Update

Apocist
May 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
I suggest a small change to the way The Godfather closes threads upon a player being lynched.

Due to the fact that the listed votes are reset upon a player being lynched, I suggest that The Godfather bot also states which players voted who in order to keep a record for future nights. This would prevent players from having to read back on 1000 some posts in order to get the answers.

I'm not sure how the script is setup for it even to be possible, but what say everyone?

Orpz
May 22nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
In smaller FM's, it isn't a problem, but in the large FM's I see what you mean.

-agree

Cryptonic
May 22nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Oops added a resetcount in the GF's post. Without it, people were having problems opening the threads.
I'm not sure a way around it... possibly make it able to post the vote count in the closing thread post? idk

Apocist
May 22nd, 2013, 06:49 PM
Oops added a resetcount in the GF's post. Without it, people were having problems opening the threads.
I'm not sure a way around it... possibly make it able to post the vote count in the closing thread post? idk

This is what I was referring to. There should be a way to access what voters there are and post them before applying the reset counter feature.

Slaol
May 22nd, 2013, 06:50 PM

Apocist is suggesting it post the vote count in the closing thread xD

Usernames
May 22nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
I disagree! It is terrible

Apocist
May 22nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Apocist is suggesting it post the vote count in the closing thread xD

Thank you, that would bypass to need to stop resetting the counter and allow players to see what players voted whom.

Burnt Eskimo
May 22nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
I dont see the point of changing it. If u can't read the vote count u have real problems

Apocist
May 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
I dont see the point of changing it. If u can't read the vote count u have real problems

You can't read the vote count because it disappears after The Godfather closes the thread. Take a look at all recent closed threads.

Burnt Eskimo
May 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
You can't read the vote count because it disappears after The Godfather closes the thread. Take a look at all recent closed threads.

mb u should be more attentive once sum1 gets to l-1. copy paste it

Deantwo
May 22nd, 2013, 11:42 PM
sounds like a good idea!

just make it post a copy of the Vote Couter apon lynch ^^

would be really nice if it also save all the links and so

oops_ur_dead
May 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Apocist

The Godfather
May 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Apocist has been lynched! Stand by for the host's review and day-end post!

Apocist ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/3359') (1 [L-0]): oops_ur_dead ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=324676')

creedkingsx
May 23rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
werrrr