PDA

View Full Version : OPERATING SYSTEMS

oops_ur_dead
August 29th, 2011, 07:16 AM
What OS do you use?
I use Windows, but I prefer Linux. I'm just too lazy to migrate for now. When I get a laptop, I will use Linux on it. I use OS X when I am doing iPhone development, but I hate it and it feels like a child's toy.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 29th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I use OS X when I am being a huge autistic man-child and in-general, an overall faggot, but I hate it and it feels like an autistic man-child's toy.

Clawtrocity
August 29th, 2011, 07:46 AM
OS X gets too much hate. It's made for people to be user friendly and it may seem childish, but it gets the job done for some people. In before SAS is a total ass.

I use Windows for everything. I'm thinking about getting either an iPad or Thrive tablet for college though.

oops_ur_dead
August 29th, 2011, 08:07 AM
OS X gets too much hate. It's made for people to be user friendly and it may seem childish, but it gets the job done for some people. In before SAS is a total ass.

I use Windows for everything. I'm thinking about getting either an iPad or Thrive tablet for college though.

Don't get either of those for college. The Eee Pad Transformer will be infinitely better for that purpose. But I would wait until October, since Asus is probably going to release the Eee Pad Transformer 2 then.

Rumpel1408
August 29th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Wow lots of retards using Windows.

maybe, but we got more good games :3

Clawtrocity
August 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Plato you do realize it's things like this that make everyone hate you right? I'm correct in that assumption I'm hoping.

If you're doing it without knowledge or you have the "Cartman" effect then I deeply apologize for not realizing it sooner and my condolences are extended to you and your family.

TL;DR Stop trolling pl0x.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 29th, 2011, 12:15 PM
SUP GUYS
I HAVE LIKE
300,000 DOLLARS
MAN A PC IS JUST TOO CHEAP FUCK
OH HEY LOOK A MAC BOOK THAT HAS THE POWER OF A 2005 PC AND IS BRAND NEW
SHIT I GOTTA GET THAT, IT'S AROUND 30,000 I DON'T SEE WHY PEOPLE BUY PCS, THEY'RE SO CHEAP

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Anyway, OS X isn't that bad, really it's just OVERPRICED AS FUCK as well as all Autism products in general.

oops_ur_dead
August 29th, 2011, 01:34 PM
OS X is terrible. It gives the user no power at all, doesn't run many things, and crashes a lot.

Spy
August 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM
OS X is terrible. It gives the user no power at all, doesn't run many things, and crashes a lot.
What power do you want? It runs everything I want. It never crashes.

oops_ur_dead
August 29th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I want the power to use my computer how I want to use it, and customize it how I want to customize it.
And in the few hours that I ran OS X to develop for iPhone, it crashed more times than Windows 7 has in the three years I've been using it.

Graham
August 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I want the power to use my computer how I want to use it, and customize it how I want to customize it.
And in the few hours that I ran OS X to develop for iPhone, it crashed more times than Windows 7 has in the three years I've been using it.

Yes, since every crash is blamable on software

oops_ur_dead
August 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM

Yes, since every crash is blamable on software

What do you propose I blame the crashes on?

Graham
August 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Well, you gave me absolutely no evidence to rule anything out. So, there are endless possibilities... bad RAM, to name one. Windows 7 used to crash a lot for me till I replaced that darned 3-year old RAM.

oops_ur_dead
August 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM
So I have magical RAM that detects when OS X is running, and when it is, corrupts random bits for no reason, but runs fine on Windows and Linux?

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 29th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I got an idea
instead of fixing a problem
let's add a screen that shows what the problem is!

Spy
August 29th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Oh please. I've heard people crashing on Windows more so than Mac.

How many times have I crashed on Mac? 0 times.

How many times have I crashed on Windows? Well I don't use Windows.

Graham
August 29th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Perhaps that's the issue. OS X is rather specific on what hardware it can uses properly, unlike Linux or Windows. One of my gripes with OS X, by the way.