PDA

View Full Version : How do you avoid dying the first night?

Kaldra
May 9th, 2011, 12:05 AM
So I'm in the start of a game and of course I died first night. Not a suprise thought, my name in the game was "Dr. Nick" and before first night started I typed out "Hi Everybody!" *Poof* First night SK kills me. So with my misfortune and some talk I have seen on the boards, what do you do and avoid to make sure you don't die first night.

Tip 1: Avoid using names like "Justin Beiber". If your not killed by someone first night, you will get random lynched next day even by townies most of the time.

Tip 2: Avoid using a name that is really close to someone else's or makes fun of someone else. If there is a "Buzz Lightyear"/"Buzz Lightyear Sucks" OR "Osama"/"Obama" if one person ends up with a power role even if there a townie (Vigilante) they will kill their counterpart out of spite first night.

What have you learned in your games?

Doc
May 9th, 2011, 10:54 AM
If you're at the top of the list and you're not mafia, you're dead. Period. I even made a statistic that showed that in 19/20 games the top guy dies and in the game that he didn't die he was Godfather. That's just it. Mafia almost always pick top of the list when they have no real reason

Trenix
May 9th, 2011, 10:57 AM
That's why you start at Day/No Lynch. I was really trying to get DR to implement this feature, so you should use it. Great way for mafia and neutrals to pick out their targets.

Twisted
May 9th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I always start at day no lynch as well, people always spam "lol host noob started at day" but at least I never die first night any more... Usually the people who take control of the conversation or seem smart die that night.

Trenix
May 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I always start at day no lynch as well, people always spam "lol host noob started at day" but at least I never die first night any more... Usually the people who take control of the conversation or seem smart die that night.

Funny, a good feature is being avoided because of retarded children who don't know how to play. I think the -repick system just makes hosts trash, making them far worse than an average user.

Faceless
May 9th, 2011, 01:08 PM
As Godfather, I never kill the first person on the list because I always expect a stupid vigilante or an average serial killer to do the job for me.

As Doctor, I always heal the first person on the list unless I have reason to heal someone else.

dion2k
May 9th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hrm interesting. In my experience the general first click area is 2-3 spots up from the bottom, about where the mouse would naturally fall if you moved it right of the chat. This of course is assuming that there are no irresistible names.

Mysterymeat
May 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I usually assume that too so if I'm doc i heal ppl at top or with obvious names. If im mafia though I choose ppl who seem to be pretty quiet and have inconspicious names as ppl generally ignore them