PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of the Site

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Notice: This is an Opinion Article and may not accurately depict the site in your views. That being said this is still a serious discussion and should be treated as one. Remember this is my view on the situation taken from my personal viewing of forum, game and messages.

Analysis of the site and the direction it is heading.

There is an old saying, look before you leap, in short it means know what you are doing before you go off and do it. At times the site seems to follow the saying, but most of the time it doesn't and takes its own path. In particular the site follows a sort of twisted path bending back and forth between the two classes on the site in a vicious cycle. I am of course referring to the (elite) staff class and the (have-not or poor) member class. Both seem to be at fault but none of these classes wish to end the cycle and the result not only hurts the site but the whole community itself. I will start with problems with the lower class.

Essentially the lower class or regular members of the site are all the members not included in staff (assuming no immediate class). These members from the biggest group by far but hold little to no power. There only power lies in the mass majority of the combined group, as without them the site and game would surely die. As without them there would insufficient members to keep the game going. However through the time spent on this site have become corrupt and jealous of the elite class. Thus they use mass and knowledge of this to cause as much grief to the elite class as possible, because they think the staff is weak. As there is no rule of law, they see the elite staff as lazy weak leaders. Everything from breaking the rules in game to making the community look bad by breaking rules on the forums and making the staff clean up there mess. There are even clans in-game which only purpose is to piss off the players and make it hard on the elite class, until they are caught and the cycle continues only this time with an group of accounts that change in a cycle, once the regular is unbanned the alt becomes banned and so on and so forth. These specifically look for dissent of the elite class to add to their membership, as I have been given an invitation into these groups, and although I declined I was really tempted. What is increasingly becoming obvious however is how much the staff class relies on the work of regular members to stay afloat. To test this, I game-threw about a dozen games (making it obvious like calling out fellow mafia members), all without staff present in games of course, to test how many times I would be reported to the staff. Although the results are not yet in, I have not been even put on the watch-list, nor do I think I will ever be without the proof. Hence the staff needs the regular members on its side, however they have only pushed themselves farther and farther in the last year and a half. So the members could stop the cycle by stop trolling and being productive members that improve the community instead of pissing off the staff, will this happen, no.

The elite staff is where all decision save for a few small decisions are made. Their biggest problem is has been the lower regular member class and how to deal with them. To them most if not all the lower class is scum and thus have distanced themselves from them. Most members that become staff are trusted members of the site that have earned the trust of the elite staff class. Once they see how the lower class act often cut off most contact with them and keep to inside channels of communication (staff section and staff skype channel), they of course remain very active but only with themselves and begin to believe they are better. This is the downfall that keeps the cycle going and although the staff has more structure and resources to stop the cycle, it allows it to continue though inaction. Instead of stepping in and enforcing the rule of law, the staff except for the most serious of cases (e.g. hacking the site) turns a blind eye or gives a slap on the wrist punishments (e.g. suspected hacking of the site gives you 2 days ban). The rules on the site are so generally defined that most staff break there own rules, again only the most serious are enforced. The system itself is rather arbitrary and not just. You also need to start more community events like there used to be. The staff refuses to be apart of the greater community because of the problems and rather then stepping up to the bat and fixing the problems. It sits back and allows it to continue and breeds the feeling of the elite among the lower class. Which itself keeps the circle going, for example the Crleon Clan uses it status to piss up every non-elite member of the game and turning popular opinion against staff, as a lot of staff are apart of this clan members believe themselves are above others. I had to get into a fake fight with an admin and post about it for them to start 'noticing' me. Basically it is staff who can change the direction everything is going a lot easier than the lower class members. It also needs the lower class to continue which is odd as it abuses its status and like a tower will collapse if the bottom falls out from it.

Essentially the cycle of hate between these groups only farther divides them. I'm not saying either one is right, essentially both classes are wrong. The lower class needs to stop trolling, pissing staff off and start making this a better community. Staff needs to step up to the plate and enforce rules, get more involved with the community and needs to stop thinking itself as a society that is better the average member. If something doesn't from either side this is what will happen, you will slowly lose the lower class and like a tower the elite upper class will fall hard and fast before you know it. I'm not saying this will happen in a week or a month or even a year, but it will catch up to you eventually unless something changes.

P.S. Please keep me posted if I get any gamethrow reports against me, I want to see how the majority will currently help staff, if they do. Again this is my opinion and my views from my experience and you may see things differently.

Admiral
May 10th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Tl;dr

Mugy
May 10th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Honestly... your spelling mistakes really take a lot of weight away from your argument.
Maybe it's just me, but they stick out like a zit.

creedkingsx
May 10th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Honestly... your spelling mistakes really take a lot of weight away from your argument.

I don't see any

Mugy
May 10th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Notice: This is an Opinion Article and may not accurately depict the site in your views. That being said this is still a serious discussion and should be treated as one. Remember this is my view on the situation taken from my personal viewing of forum, game and messages.

There is an old saying, look before you leap, in short it means know what your doing before you go off and do it. At times the site seems to follow the saying, but most of the time it doesn't and takes its own path. In particular the site follows a sort of twisted path bending back and forth between the two classes on the site in a vicious cycle. I am of course referring to the (elite) staff class and the (have-not or poor) members class. Both seem to be at fault but none of these classes wish to end the cycle and the result not only hurts the site but the whole community itself. I will start with problems with the lower class.

Essentially the lower class or regular members of the site are all the members not included in staff (assuming no immediate class). These members from the biggest group by far but hold little to no power. There only power lies in the mass majority of the combined group, as without them the site and game would surely die. As without them there would insufficient members to keep the game going. However through the time spent on this site have become corrupt and jealous of the elite class. Thus they use there mass and knowledge of this fact to cause as much grief to the elite class as possible, because they think the staff is weak. As there is no rule of law, they see the elite staff as lazy weak leaders. Everything from breaking the rules in game to making the community look bad by breaking rules on the forums and making the staff clean up there mess. There are even clans in-game which only purpose is to piss off the players and make it hard on the elite class, until they are caught and the cycle continues only this time with an group of accounts that change in a cycle, once the regular is unbanned the alt becomes banned and so on and so forth. These specifically look for dissent of the elite class to add to there membership, as I have been given an invitation into these groups, and although I declined I was really tempted. What is increasingly becoming obvious however is how much the staff class relies on the work of regular members to stay afloat. To test this, I game-threw about a dozen games (making it obvious like calling out fellow mafia members), all without staff present in games of course, to test how many times I would be reported to the staff. Although the results are not yet in, I have not been even put on the watch-list, nor do I think I will ever be without the proof. Hence the staff needs the regular members on its side, however they have only pushed themselves farther and farther in the last year and a half. So the members could stop the cycle by stop trolling and being productive members that improve the community instead of pissing off the staff, will this happen, no.

The elite staff is where all decision save for a few small decisions are made. There biggest problem is has been the lower regular member class and how to deal with them. To them most if not all the lower class is scum and thus have distanced themselves from them. Most members that become staff are trusted members of the site that have earned the trust of the elite staff class. Once they see how the lower class act often cut off most contact with them and keep to inside channels of communication (staff section and staff skype channel), they of course remain very active but only with themselves and begin to believe they are better. This is the downfall that keeps the cycle going and although the staff has more structure and resources to stop the cycle, it allows it to continue though inaction. Instead of stepping in and enforcing the rule of law, the staff except for the most serious of cases (e.g. hacking the site) turns a blind eye or gives a slap on the wrist punishments (e.g. suspected hacking of the site gives you 2 days ban). The rules on the site are so generally defined that most staff break there own rules, again only the most serious are enforced. The system itself is rather arbitrary and not just. You also need to start more community events like there used to be. The staff refuses to be apart of the greater community because of the problems and rather then stepping up to the bat and fixing the problems. It sits back and allows it to continue and breeds the feeling of the elite among the lower class. Which itself keeps the circle going, for example the Crleon Clan uses it status to piss up every non-elite member of the game and turning popular opinion against staff, as a lot of staff are apart of this clan members believe themselves are above others. I had to get into a fake fight with an admin and post about it for them to start 'noticing' me. Basically it is staff who can change the direction everything is going a lot easier than the lower class members. It also needs the lower class to continue which is odd as it abuses its status and like a tower will collapse if the bottom falls out from it.

Essentially the cycle of hate between these groups only farther divides them. I'm not saying either one is right, essentially both classes are wrong. The lower class needs to stop trolling, pissing staff off and start making this a better community. Staff needs to step up to the plate and enforce rules, get more involved with the community and needs to stop thinking itself as a society that is better the average member. If something doesn't from either side this is what will happen, you will slowly lose the lower class and like a tower the elite upper class will fall hard and fast before you know it. I'm not saying this will happen in a week or a month or even a year, but it will catch up to you eventually unless something changes.

P.S. Please keep me posted if I get any gamethrow reports against me, I want to see how the majority will currently help staff, if they do. Again this is my opinion and my views from my experience and you may see things differently.
And a grammar error too :P
I'm sure I've missed more.

creedkingsx
May 10th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Grammatical. All of them. :P everything you highlighted is a word.

Mugy
May 10th, 2013, 05:21 AM

I'll accept that :P

Cryptonic
May 10th, 2013, 05:25 AM

Ad hominem lol

TimeTrx is wrong, though: It's not 2 classes, it's just different groups of friends.

It's easy to feel left out on this site, as many reoccurring members have felt.

ypmagic
May 10th, 2013, 05:42 AM
We need more people. This site is dead while Im awake.

Brendan
May 10th, 2013, 06:28 AM

There is an old saying, look before you leap, in short it means know what your doing before you go off and do it. At times the site seems to follow the saying, but most of the time it doesn't and takes its own path. In particular the site follows a sort of twisted path bending back and forth between the two classes on the site in a vicious cycle. I am of course referring to the (elite) staff class and the (have-not or poor) members class. Both seem to be at fault but none of these classes wish to end the cycle and the result not only hurts the site but the whole community itself. I will start with problems with the lower class.

Essentially the lower class or regular members of the site are all the members not included in staff (assuming no immediate class). These members from the biggest group by far but hold little to no power. There only power lies in the mass majority of the combined group, as without them the site and game would surely die. As without them there would insufficient members to keep the game going. However through the time spent on this site have become corrupt and jealous of the elite class. Thus they use there mass and knowledge of this fact to cause as much grief to the elite class as possible, because they think the staff is weak. As there is no rule of law, they see the elite staff as lazy weak leaders. Everything from breaking the rules in game to making the community look bad by breaking rules on the forums and making the staff clean up there mess. There are even clans in-game which only purpose is to piss off the players and make it hard on the elite class, until they are caught and the cycle continues only this time with an group of accounts that change in a cycle, once the regular is unbanned the alt becomes banned and so on and so forth. These specifically look for dissent of the elite class to add to there membership, as I have been given an invitation into these groups, and although I declined I was really tempted. What is increasingly becoming obvious however is how much the staff class relies on the work of regular members to stay afloat. To test this, I game-threw about a dozen games (making it obvious like calling out fellow mafia members), all without staff present in games of course, to test how many times I would be reported to the staff. Although the results are not yet in, I have not been even put on the watch-list, nor do I think I will ever be without the proof. Hence the staff needs the regular members on its side, however they have only pushed themselves farther and farther in the last year and a half. So the members could stop the cycle by stop trolling and being productive members that improve the community instead of pissing off the staff, will this happen, no.

The elite staff is where all decision save for a few small decisions are made. There biggest problem is has been the lower regular member class and how to deal with them. To them most if not all the lower class is scum and thus have distanced themselves from them. Most members that become staff are trusted members of the site that have earned the trust of the elite staff class. Once they see how the lower class act often cut off most contact with them and keep to inside channels of communication (staff section and staff skype channel), they of course remain very active but only with themselves and begin to believe they are better. This is the downfall that keeps the cycle going and although the staff has more structure and resources to stop the cycle, it allows it to continue though inaction. Instead of stepping in and enforcing the rule of law, the staff except for the most serious of cases (e.g. hacking the site) turns a blind eye or gives a slap on the wrist punishments (e.g. suspected hacking of the site gives you 2 days ban). The rules on the site are so generally defined that most staff break there own rules, again only the most serious are enforced. The system itself is rather arbitrary and not just. You also need to start more community events like there used to be. The staff refuses to be apart of the greater community because of the problems and rather then stepping up to the bat and fixing the problems. It sits back and allows it to continue and breeds the feeling of the elite among the lower class. Which itself keeps the circle going, for example the Crleon Clan uses it status to piss up every non-elite member of the game and turning popular opinion against staff, as a lot of staff are apart of this clan members believe themselves are above others. I had to get into a fake fight with an admin and post about it for them to start 'noticing' me. Basically it is staff who can change the direction everything is going a lot easier than the lower class members. It also needs the lower class to continue which is odd as it abuses its status and like a tower will collapse if the bottom falls out from it.

P.S. Please keep me posted if I get any gamethrow reports against me, I want to see how the majority will currently help staff, if they do. Again this is my opinion and my views from my experience and you may see things differently...

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM
If you suck up to me and beg for staff positions I will not take you seriously.
If you pm DR demanding I be either a) demoted or b) have my decision overturned because you broke a clear cut rule and are butthurt about it I will not take you seriously.

That said, Slaol has been making efforts to include regular members into parties with staff on SC2. Generally we play a lot more than just Mafia, but it's a good bonding exercise for the community. I'm also available if people ever have questions, concerns, want advice, or are having a problem they need resolved on the site or in game. I've tried to advertise this whenever possible lol. I'm especially here if you see a staff member causing trouble and wish to report them anonymously.

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I'm also not sure if you're telling us to enforce rules more strictly (ingame that's not really an option outside instabans for every offense) or that we should be more interactive with the community...

Noctis
May 10th, 2013, 07:44 AM
I played a few games with fred last night, the games were a lot of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. He made a small party with a few players, it was nice to see a mod in game on the EU server. ^.^

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 07:59 AM
I played a few games with fred last night, the games were a lot of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. He made a small party with a few players, it was nice to see a mod in game on the EU server. ^.^

Made (unsuccessful) efforts to increase EU mod representation in the last recruitment :( The problem is time zones usually, the last couple times I tried to play mafia EU was virtually dead.

Noctis
May 10th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Made (unsuccessful) efforts to increase EU mod representation in the last recruitment :( The problem is time zones usually, the last couple times I tried to play mafia EU was virtually dead.

A lot less people play on EU now, not sure why. It used to be constantly full, now you're lucky to get 15 players at some points of the day.

ika
May 10th, 2013, 10:17 AM
A lot less people play on EU now, not sure why. It used to be constantly full, now you're lucky to get 15 players at some points of the day.

its out of date filled with hackors and gamethrowers. NA is more strict and we get rid of the hackors fast but with the backlog.....

Noctis
May 10th, 2013, 10:21 AM
its out of date filled with hackors and gamethrowers. NA is more strict and we get rid of the hackors fast but with the backlog.....

I guess like raptor says then, more EU staff representation could be necessary?

Damus_Graves
May 10th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Offers have already been given to rap.

Noctis
May 10th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Offers have already been given to rap.

Good to know! It was starting to get to the point where i was reporting and watching replays so often i was losing play time :(

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Two main reasons EU is dying:
1. Updates have been getting severely delayed at times
2. A large number of EU players moved to NA for varying reasons. Several in fact requested transfers of their points from EU to NA.

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM

Fixed. Thanks it was late, I miss things.

If you suck up to me and beg for staff positions I will not take you seriously.
If you pm DR demanding I be either a) demoted or b) have my decision overturned because you broke a clear cut rule and are butthurt about it I will not take you seriously.
Are you referring to me or in general for everyone? I never did any of these.

Btw, have any reports come in for me gamethrowing?

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Fixed. Thanks it was late, I miss things.

Are you referring to me or in general for everyone? I never did any of these.

Btw, have any reports come in for me gamethrowing?

I was speaking in general, and if you wanna pm me your ID I can do a quick search to find out.

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 11:07 AM
On a side note, if you weren't reported at all it kinda proves a point I made several times when people argued we should be more lenient with offenses, that the majority go unreported so we have to be much harsher with any reported instance to compensate.

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 11:45 AM
On a side note, if you weren't reported at all it kinda proves a point I made several times when people argued we should be more lenient with offenses, that the majority go unreported so we have to be much harsher with any reported instance to compensate.

Or it could be enforcing my point that the majority does not support the staff and would like the whole site and game fall apart. Or simply that they don't care.

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Or it could be enforcing my point that the majority does not support the staff and would like the whole site and game fall apart. Or simply that they don't care.

I think you're equating lack of motivation with malicious intent, which is a rather fallacious statement. FYI, we're at a high point in terms of reports volume, which is why we're about to start more staff recruitment.

oops_ur_dead
May 10th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Essentially the lower class or regular members of the site are all the members not included in staff (assuming no immediate class). These members from the biggest group by far but hold little to no power. There only power lies in the mass majority of the combined group, as without them the site and game would surely die.

Oh man this made me shit myself in laughter.

Yes they hold little to no power. This is obviously a massive problem, time to promote every single user on the forum to supermod.

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Timetrx, the fact that some things don't get reported is evidence that we should find a way to make reporting easier (i.e. not require stopping your streak of games to submit a replay) not that people want the map/site to fail.

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM

Yes they hold little to no power. This is obviously a massive problem, time to promote every single user on the forum to supermod.

I thought you were a communist, where everyone is equal. Shouldn't everyone be equal in rank?

Timetrx, the fact that some things don't get reported is evidence that we should find a way to make reporting easier (i.e. not require stopping your streak of games to submit a replay) not that people want the map/site to fail.

Easier for the keepers to deal with the reports? Or easier for the average to submit a report?

Cryptonic
May 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I thought you were a communist, where everyone is equal. Shouldn't everyone be equal in rank?
Easier for the keepers to deal with the reports? Or easier for the average to submit a report?

Do you understand anything about the world? There would have to leaders in Communist states. That would be their job. They just wouldn't be treated differently. But what you're saying is that you want people to treat people they don't know the same way the do their close friends, which is just impossible for the average person because they have developed close bonds that only time can form.
Also, he specifically said easier for people to submit. x.x

oops_ur_dead
May 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM

Some people are more equal than others.

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Easier as in not requiring people to STOP WHAT THEY'RE DOING to report a person if possible. A big reason stuff doesn't get reported is because people have to stop playing, find the replay, get the id and name, and then post all the info on the forums. Most people play several games in a row so this is obviously a hindrance to them.

ika
May 10th, 2013, 12:23 PM
what ever happened to the thing that opps was gonna make that would send the report automaticly?

oops_ur_dead
May 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM
what ever happened to the thing that opps was gonna make that would send the report automaticly?

I decided it was a shit idea.

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Some people are more equal than others.
Give examples.

Also, he specifically said easier for people to submit. x.x
Ok, easy fix we have how many people on this site that know how to write code? Anyone could write up a program in C++ or Java (SWING? Think how easy swing is) easily to find the replay file, find your ID, and submit your info to the server, all you have to do is select what rule was broke and give a brief summary. In fact it could also merge reports automatically based on the time the replay was created (less work for the keepers as the reports are merged to 1 replay and IDs/names are always correct). Heck you could alt-tab and submit it right there. No more looking for the replay, no more getting the IDs and the names, all you just have to do is brief summary and the program does the rest for you.

ika
May 10th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Give examples.

Ok, easy fix we have how many people on this site that know how to write code? Anyone could write up a program in C++ or Java (SWING? Think how easy swing is) easily to find the replay file, find your ID, and submit your info to the server, all you have to do is select what rule was broke and give a brief summary. In fact it could also merge reports automatically based on the time the replay was created (less work for the keepers as the reports are merged to 1 replay and IDs/names are always correct). Heck you could alt-tab and submit it right there. No more looking for the replay, no more getting the IDs and the names, all you just have to do is brief summary and the program does the rest for you.

but the question is for the ppl who do is it worth the time. if you think you can make one go ahead and message dr about it

Edit:

@opps :( i was looking foward to using it

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 12:36 PM
but the question is for the ppl who do is it worth the time. if you think you can make one go ahead and message dr about it

Why DR? Heck I bet Raptor or Oops or may be even Creed or Solaol could do it.

Edit: Ok, maybe not creed.

The point is something must be done. Like I don't know if the staff know this but we can't even see when you guys are online because the who's online is disabled, so its hard to carry on a conversation when we can't tell if you are online.

Its the small things that everyone has to work on to make it better.

Lysergic
May 10th, 2013, 12:36 PM

This.

Fuck, just give 'em FTP access while we're at it.

ika
May 10th, 2013, 12:40 PM

The point is something must be done. Like I don't know if the staff know this but we can't even see when you guys are online because the who's online is disabled, so its hard to carry on a conversation when we can't tell if you are online.

well seeing how you are apparently capable of doing it and dont want to go to dr you obviously dont seem to care enought to impliment it. why should they do it? what benifits do they get out of it

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM
This.

Fuck, just give 'em FTP access while we're at it.

You can keep the FTP access, as long as I get SSH access its all cool. 8)

well seeing how you are apparently capable of doing it and dont want to go to dr you obviously dont seem to care enought to impliment it. why should they do it? what benifits do they get out of it

Ika stop being troll, this was a suggestion. Plus, I will do it just out of spite to you. :p

Cryptonic
May 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Give examples.

How would a program deciper who the person is who is committing the crime in the game? x.x

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 12:47 PM
How would a program deciper who the person is who is committing the crime in the game? x.x

You would still need keepers for actually deciding on punishment and checking that its actually a legit report. I am not commenting anymore on this, this was a suggestion.

Lysergic
May 10th, 2013, 12:48 PM
By the way, communism isn't about everyone being equal. It's about the working class owning the means of production.

In this case, the working class is staff, since our labor is what makes the game worth playing.

Noctis
May 10th, 2013, 12:50 PM
The amount of people uploading replays with an automated service would skyrocket. I get accused of skyping/hacking every other game because scum in pubs usually have a tell. I think an automated report system would just give idiots leave to report every jailor who randomly executes the godfather N1.

ika
May 10th, 2013, 12:52 PM
You would still need keepers for actually deciding on punishment and checking that its actually a legit report. I am not commenting anymore on this, this was a suggestion.

fari enough i will drop as well. but i do want to say i was being serious about it

Ash
May 10th, 2013, 02:02 PM

LOL you thought oops was a legit communist. He is a DRPCOMrad.

Raptorblaze
May 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM

Its the small things that everyone has to work on to make it better.

MY SKYPE USERNAME IS SETHERI PLZ IDENTIFY YOURSELF WHEN ADDING ME

^best way to contact me, sorry but only lys and creed get my cell number.

TimeTrx
May 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM
MY SKYPE USERNAME IS SETHERI PLZ IDENTIFY YOURSELF WHEN ADDING ME

^best way to contact me, sorry but only lys and creed get my cell number.

Huh?

Bruno
May 11th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Honestly, this really just looks like you got bored one day, gamethrew, and then regretted it.

So, in return, you decided to post this.. thing.. so it appears you give a damn about the community so when the report comes in you can try to shrug it off.

"Why would I write all of this and the history if I'm just going to gamethrow?" could probably be a defense you were planning to do.

All I see is that you're trying to cover your gamethrowing tracks and make an appeal to be promoted to some type of moderator position?

It won't make people respect you. You'll lose friends, and at times it's frustrating, especially in the Skype chat. This is just a plea for "equality" so you're promoted to mod. That's probably why you're putting in all of this effort, with the history articles on the Wiki and this little beauty.

And, if that mod-bit sounds like it came out of left field, it didn't. I still haven't forgot that you tried to start a coup d'état and tried hacking the server.

Ash
May 11th, 2013, 07:16 AM
It won't make people respect you. You'll lose friends, and at times it's frustrating, especially in the Skype chat. This is just a plea for "equality" so you're promoted to mod. That's probably why you're putting in all of this effort, with the history articles on the Wiki and this little beauty.
lol i've heard this one before.
since when do you make friends in the internet??

Cryptonic
May 11th, 2013, 08:58 AM
lol i've heard this one before.
since when do you make friends in the internet??

;( meany

anyways, if you're trying to make more people accept you, TimeTrx, this is definitely the wrong way to go about it.

AppleyNO
May 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM
What?

I...

I don't even.

I disagree.

Lazers
May 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I'm too lazy and tired to read this so I decided to skim over it

I'm pretty sure I read something out of the Communist Manifesto or some shit with all the use of the word "class"

I also think I read that you believe moderators should be more strict, in which case I reply "please shoot yourself"

Stricter moderation has alienated a lot of former members and brought in a lot of brown-nosed dicksuckers with terrible ideas for the forum

And we really don't need more moderation in game. I'm not saying we need less; Right now it's at a good level, but Landstander is a shining example of how effective tight moderation is

no

fred
May 11th, 2013, 12:48 PM
but Landstander is a shining example of how effective tight moderation is

Landstander did not moderate as well as you seem to think. His moderation was lax in comparison to what I would do provided the reasoning.

Deantwo
May 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
this thread started out somewhat ok... and i was just starting to feel good about not having closed it on sight... -_-

please don't fight guys? and don't troll the thread... we have CJ for that ^^;