PDA

View Full Version : History Section

TimeTrx
May 7th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Here it is: http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php?title=History_of_SC2Mafia

Please go Grammar Nazi over every spelling and Grammar error I made.
<> Brackets are place holders, please don't touch them.

Your free to add anything I missed.
Enjoy.

Ash
May 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
my reaction towards this was: *click link* *Cntrl+F* *insert "Ash" in find* *only popped up in FM awards/victories...* :(

tbh this seems more like the history of the forums

ika
May 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
and that is why i abandon it early on. its only aobut the fourms and not more about the game he disregarded things that i had as well

Ash
May 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
we should organize this by making a history of forums and the actual game seperate.

Deantwo
May 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
we should organize this by making a history of forums and the actual game seperate.

not a bad idea...

but i think one of the main reasons for little Game history is that...
there is none... where do we have facts about the game?

i know early on there was nothing but Citizen and Mafioso or so... but when was that? any dates?

it's a wiki page... if something is missing... add it! ^^

PS: why wasn't this posted in Site Discussion?

Cryptonic
May 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
not a bad idea...

i know early on there was nothing but Citizen and Mafioso or so... but when was that? any dates?

it's a wiki page... if something is missing... add it! ^^

PS: why wasn't this posted in Site Discussion?

I think he's more talking about FM.
Anyways, I agree with more history of the forum. Write up some lore.

vornksr
May 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Lots of details in that that don't agree with my recollection of events. Donor benefits added in December 2011? What sort of benefits? (We had colored names, fancy hats, execution choice, etc. back in June 2011.)

FMIV isn't archived on this site because it was held on a free bb service not at COM, in FM's first attempt at anon accounts. It wasn't hosted by False (I think Claw maybe was the host? False cohosted FMIII with Goonswarm), and False wasn't driven out of here until after I left, which was post FMVIII.

Deantwo
May 8th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Lots of details in that that don't agree with my recollection of events. Donor benefits added in December 2011? What sort of benefits? (We had colored names, fancy hats, execution choice, etc. back in June 2011.)

FMIV isn't archived on this site because it was held on a free bb service not at COM, in FM's first attempt at anon accounts. It wasn't hosted by False (I think Claw maybe was the host? False cohosted FMIII with Goonswarm), and False wasn't driven out of here until after I left, which was post FMVIII.

then edit it? it's a Wiki after all ^^

TimeTrx had collected all this information on he's own... he can't get it all right just from word of mouth ^^; help him ^^

Admiral
May 9th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Still don't understand why this is even being done.

Bruno
May 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM
and that is why i abandon it early on. its only aobut the fourms and not more about the game he disregarded things that i had as well

Lol, he stated in the thesis it was about the website and how it's evolved over time.

Did you fail to read that?

oops_ur_dead
May 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Great for a quick laugh 9/10 would read again.

Bruno
May 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Lol, Time, were you going for comedy or legitimacy?

Literally, all of this history is completely bogus, save for the FM information (excluding FM IV)

Raptorblaze
May 9th, 2013, 04:53 PM

Literally, all of this history is completely bogus, save for the FM information (excluding FM IV)

nah the staff hierarchy is fairly accurate, with the exception that the top 4 are a bit more freeform than the diagram would make you think.

TimeTrx
May 9th, 2013, 10:26 PM

Ika, the History section is on the wiki is for the forums, the rest of the forums are for the game it self, including the changelog which has all known patch info. I added the known dates into the history section as well.

Exactly nothing was written down, accept for a few patch notes, but not the dates. :( I don't know about you, but I can't pull crap out of thin air, even DR forgets a lot of the stuff about the game. I have put as much as I could find into the history section, hence why its on the wiki. If you can find the info link it and put it up, its a wiki.

I think he's more talking about FM.
Anyways, I agree with more history of the forum. Write up some lore.

I had other ideas like a "Did you know?" section where they could put information about the forums, game and staff members. A trophy section where FM awards are put up with the winners. A expanded staff section. And a few others. Hence wiki.

Well what did you expect? Everything I got was either posted in the forums somewhere, posted in the wiki, or given to me by the God of Mafia, the Court Jester of Mafia or the Knight of Mafia (aka the three highest admins). You guys posted the info I just copied and condensed it, I guess that what happens when the community is nothing but trolls.

Still don't understand why this is even being done.

Community interaction, I still believe there is a class struggle on this site between the Staff and the everyone else. Also to pass time while waiting to find a job, after they closed the plant where my co-op job was as they are moving the plant to Michigan. :mad:

Great for a quick laugh 9/10 would read again.

"Yes the site is literally owned by the Marxist-Leninist party of Canada. We have an office in Toronto with a statue of Lenin in the middle, and we do daily readings of the communist manifesto. Also the April Fool's thing wasn't actually a prank, Kim Jong-un personally contacted me and asked me to do it." -Oops_ur_Dead when asked how the site runs.

60% of the info (80% if you don't count FMs) came from right from DR in an interview.

nah the staff hierarchy is fairly accurate, with the exception that the top 4 are a bit more freeform than the diagram would make you think.

Yeah that info came from 50% DR and 50% Raptor directly. I wonder why it is so accurate. >.>

Again its on a wiki, on purpose, anyone can edit it and it can remain unbiased and up to date that way. A lot of you are acting like critics, hey if can do a better job click edit and add info to it. It is easy to be a critic, and be critical but its hard to do it right. None of you have added anything, so don't whine and complain about it. Fix it if you have a problem with it that is why its on a wiki and not a forum post. No wonder people keep on saying we have a bad community, everyone is lazy and no one does anything seriously on this site.

Deantwo
May 10th, 2013, 02:00 AM

Again its on a wiki, on purpose, anyone can edit it and it can remain unbiased and up to date that way. A lot of you are acting like critics, hey if can do a better job click edit and add info to it. It is easy to be a critic, and be critical but its hard to do it right. None of you have added anything, so don't whine and complain about it. Fix it if you have a problem with it that is why its on a wiki and not a forum post. No wonder people keep on saying we have a bad community, everyone is lazy and no one does anything seriously on this site.

i agree with you on just about all your points... but there's no need to get upset or call people names ^^; please clam down...

@Everyone else:

as for the rest of you... if you have constructive feedback... do tell... or even better come add/edit stuff on the Wiki your selfs ^^

Admiral
May 10th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Class struggle? Lol. You have got to be joking right?