PDA

View Full Version : Swtor

divemaster127
August 26th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Whos getting it and whos in the beta right now

if anyones in the hk-47 test group right now maybe we can play sometime. also theres multiple beta servers going on right now and you get assigned to one

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 26th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Reserved Collector's edition.

I'm not sure which I'm going, Empire or Republic.

I love me some Clones
I love me some Storms
both Empire, but not really.

CaressMeTenderly
August 27th, 2011, 12:22 AM
im going to get empire so i can erotic roleplay as a dark jedi and use force choke for sexual submission stuff ns tuff

TheJackofSpades
August 27th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I plan on pre-ordering later on in the year. I think my friends are hemming me into Empire, so I'll probably be tanking.

Goonswarm
August 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Not getting it, learned my lesson with WoW in that games should be enjoyable without an absurd time commitment requirement. Looking forward to BF3 and Skyrim more than anything else.

Currently rediscovered TF2 and enjoying Deus EX HR.

chocopaw
August 27th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Deus EX HR.

Is it good?
Did you buy it or is there a good release out yet (skidrow etc.)?

divemaster127
August 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I enjoy swtor it is really fun when i am not playing mafia i am playing it but right now theres only 3 flashpoints (dungeons ) 1 at level 10 another at 30 and another at 50 there really good but there need to be more

Goonswarm
August 27th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Deus EX HR.

Is it good?
Did you buy it or is there a good release out yet (skidrow etc.)?

It is short and lacks multiplayer, but I really enjoyed the splinter cell games and this fits right into the category. You can turn yourself into a similar to spartan type kill machine or go with the full stealth style. The only really shortcoming imo is how stealthy players are forced to use letal combat weapons on boss fights.

So lets say you are playing as stealth non lethal type (there is achievement for killing nobody all game excluding boss fights.) You have an inventory loaded with non leather gadgets and suddenly encounter a boss that requires lethal weapons. I did a combat lethal style run 1 but I could definitely see problems with people doing stealth runs as their first. (I played 1st play through on hardest difficulty.)

Other than that the gameplay is awesome. The game truly rewards you for thinking outside the box. 9 times out of 10 if there is a pack of bad guys that would be a royal pain in the ass to take head on, there is an alternative way to get around them, or mabye there is an environmental object that can be used against them, or just cloak by them :)

My favorite part of the game was when I hacked a turret and turned it to my side. With the right augmentations you can lift the turret and move it around with you. Needless to say my "turret friend" was casually tossed into the open where it proceeded to rape anything hostile in the area, carried with with me all level for the lulz and threw it into the boss fight. I hid around a corner as the boss chased me into turret range where combined fire from me + turret made short work of her. Was very rewarding and fun!

CaressMeTenderly
August 27th, 2011, 09:46 PM
The game is pretty fucking fun. I'm mixing stealth and gunning people down. I don't care for non-lethal weapons, and I haven't even FOUND ONE [I chose lethal weapons as my starting shit, I think that might've influenced this, and never bothered buying any weapons from the shop.] Anyways, I just cloak everywhere and shit, and have an exploding revolver that I shoot around while I'm invisible!

CaressMeTenderly
August 27th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Also, trying to play as rambo on the hardest difficulty mode is insane. Be prepared to reload a FUCKING LOT, given you die in 2-3 shots and it takes around 10 to kill an enemy, not to mention ammo is scarce.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 28th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Environmental kills are fun.

the way i did it was i got the aug that makes you immune to electricity, and whenever she was going after me i would lead her to one of the generators on the outside of the area. then she would typhoon and blow up the generators, sending electricity out everywhere and stunning herself. then i just unloaded a heavy machine gun on her and kept doing that until she died.

don't forget to loot her because she drops a lot of credits

Goonswarm
August 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I enjoyed the heavy machinegun + zombie like augmented people level. Mowing them down ftw.

CaressMeTenderly
August 28th, 2011, 10:05 AM
oh fuck i forgot to loot her...

TheJackofSpades
August 29th, 2011, 11:42 AM
games should be enjoyable without an absurd time commitment requirement.

Skyrim

I know you're technically not required to drop hundreds of hours into it, but I mean, come on.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 29th, 2011, 12:14 PM
games should be enjoyable without an absurd time commitment requirement.

Skyrim

I know you're technically not required to drop hundreds of hours into it, but I mean, come on.

Yeah this happens in most sandbox games, you just power through the main quests in a few hours.

Clawtrocity
August 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Lol

Here's how I'll be playing SWTOR...

Log on
Set Crew skills
Maybe raid if it's a raid night(2-3 hours,2-3 days a week.)
Sit in major city while alt tabbed making 40k(currency whatever it's called) an hour
Try to PvP, but quit because I hate it and I don't want any holes in my walls.
Log off.

I'll be investing more time into games like Skyrim, WoW, Mafia, Forum Mafia(Oh boy oh boy), and one of the shooters.

People use the classic MMO excuse to get out of playing a game they think won't be good, but I honestly think TOR is taking the MMO to an entirely different level. You don't need to put the hours into it like you need to with WoW the raiding is probably similar, but that's the entire game...WoW you still have to farm mats, make money, do quests yourself, craft things yourself. TOR takes the boring parts of WoW and puts them on auto pilot and then let's you just play the game.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM
3 people getting it 3 people being republic
7 peole never getting it 7 people being empire

7 maybe

monster
August 29th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I will be getting it. If I have unlimited free time to play I will go through all stories, but I doubt I will. So full darkside, sith inquisitor, death to the jedi... etc. ...

CaressMeTenderly
August 29th, 2011, 11:36 PM
actually i looked at the classes and they just seem fucking boring beyond belief what are they smoking what a zzzz fest