PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Filter Logs

42shadow42
April 24th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I don't know if this is even possible, but it would be nice to have if it is.

Is it possible to modify the message log UI to allow filtering by players?

ypmagic
April 24th, 2013, 06:59 PM
You mean like filter so that the message log only focuses on only one person that said stuff?

EagleMan
April 24th, 2013, 08:12 PM
I think that's what he means. That'd be pretty useful if you're just trying to find a dead invest's words or something, or if you need to tune out some idiot that's been spamming up the log.

louiswill
April 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM
It would be useful and showing the skill of managing information.

I would support the idea if interface won't become too complicated.

Brigade
May 5th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Bump for excellent suggestion, if it's possible/easy to code without cluttering.

creedkingsx
May 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I don't know if this is possible. If it is, I like it.

Lysergic
May 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
On 5/5/13, at 8:37 PM, DarkRevenant wrote:
> possible, pain in the ass though

Probably a no for the time being.

42shadow42
September 15th, 2013, 03:17 AM
If I implemented this would you release it?

Dark.Revenant
September 15th, 2013, 03:32 AM
There's nothing that you could implement. The whole issue comes from optimization; there's just no way of making is space and operation efficient without rewriting the whole system, which is a gigantic pain in the ass.

If memory is not a concern then it's pretty easy; just store a separate log for each particular player and swap between them as required.

Dark.Revenant
September 15th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Anyway, hopefully this won't cause problems. If it does I'll have to roll back the implementation.

42shadow42
September 15th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Anyway, hopefully this won't cause problems. If it does I'll have to roll back the implementation.

Wait does that mean you are trying to make it happen by expending memory? If so that's cool assuming it doesn't cause problems as suggested.

Also I looked through the scripting language and have decided blizzard need to expand the scripting capabilities because that's some weak stuff.