PDA

View Full Version : Nazi?

Deolrin
May 7th, 2011, 05:24 AM
What's up with the Nazi Gas Chamber death? T_T
I mean it would be cool if the guy got burned to death inside or something, but it's kinda racist if it's a friggin' GAS CHAMBER... :/

Elixir
May 7th, 2011, 05:54 AM
What's up with the Nazi Gas Chamber death? T_T
I mean it would be cool if the guy got burned to death inside or something, but it's kinda racist if it's a friggin' GAS CHAMBER... :/

:\. Gas chambers have been used multiple times throughout history, not just the Halocaust.

There isnlt a massive swastika on the side of the chamber. Why is this the first thing you thought of?

Deolrin
May 7th, 2011, 06:00 AM
TBH, everyone in the game was like 'Nazi', 'omfg racist' etc when it happened. :D
Although they were kind of kidding but still!
It would be nicer if it wasn't so nazi. D:

Afumba
May 7th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I dont see anything wrong about it.

I can see that some ppls may compare it to Nazi... or make some kind of fun about it...
But bottom line i dont see nothing Nazi about it. Just see it as what it is... a killing metod out of many in a game which does not have anything to do with Nazi or stuff like that at all.

Clawtrocity
May 7th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I personally thought it was Schrodinger's Cat.

Trenix
May 7th, 2011, 08:38 AM
People need to relax, no need to take everything offensive especially when it's not intentional. If you can't handle it, then you shouldn't be playing a rated T game. A teenager should be able to handle it. If you have a problem, report the user rather than blame the game. Gas chambers are not only a Nazi thing. It's the same thing as comparing a lynch to black history. It's just childish...

Deolrin
May 7th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Well sorry. ><
I'm just saying what I'm thinking.
I don't actually have a huge problem with that.

oops_ur_dead
May 7th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Lol at people trying to defend Dark.Revenant, of all people, from being Nazi.

Trenix
May 7th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Lol at people trying to defend Dark.Revenant, of all people, from being Nazi.

I just don't wanna hear about another incident where Blizzard shuts down the game because people got offended by something that's not even offensive. I'm sure you'd also laugh once Mafia is no longer on battle net.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
May 7th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I personally thought it was Schrodinger's Cat.

And then the map was permanently banned for using the sexual and suggestive theme of the ass chamber.

Dark.Revenant
May 7th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I just know Blizz will eventually ban it for the executions, even after I put so much damn work into them.

Firing Squad: OKAY!
Sniper: OKAY!
Electric Chair: Iffy but probably OKAY!
Gas Chamber: Possible holocaust reference (not map author's intention, but that doesn't matter) so NOT OKAY!
Gallows: Too brutal and realistic, plus will probably be offensive to blacks in the US so NOT OKAY!

Too bad I'm not giving up any of them...

Trenix
May 7th, 2011, 02:28 PM
DR, you really shouldn't keep that list up. One angry player might actually get some ideas..

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
May 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I wasn't suppose to submit that list, Rev? My bad.

Dark.Revenant
May 7th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'll sticky them on a huge announcement then.

McJesus
May 7th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I just know Blizz will eventually ban it for the executions, even after I put so much damn work into them.

Firing Squad: OKAY!
Sniper: OKAY!
Electric Chair: Iffy but probably OKAY!
Gas Chamber: Possible holocaust reference (not map author's intention, but that doesn't matter) so NOT OKAY!
Gallows: Too brutal and realistic, plus will probably be offensive to blacks in the US so NOT OKAY!

Too bad I'm not giving up any of them...

Lol damn you are really stubborn. Honestly though the new executions are pretty awesome and I my mind never jumped to the Nazi refrence until I read this topic, it's not like Hitler invented the gas chamber and was the only one to use it ever. Unrelated: Where is my firebat execution? :(

Elixir
May 7th, 2011, 07:05 PM
By that logic Blizzard should remove nukes from multiplayer ladder because THE JAPANESE LOST SO MANY PEOPLE AT HIROSHIMA MAN.

PS: That logic is retarded and people should chill the f- out.

Supersun
May 7th, 2011, 10:39 PM
speaking of nukes...

sounds like a fun execution lol.

oops_ur_dead
May 8th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Fun fact: gas chambers are still used for execution in the US.

Faceless
May 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
If you must, just try to make the gas seem like laughing gas and make people laugh to death.

Also, Firebat execution would be #@&$ING AWESOME. As would a lethal injection execution.

I also really like the random stuff that happens in some of the executions, like the sniper missing or the firing squad double tapping.

Afumba
May 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
well if ppl bans the map cuz of the executions they are dump.
i dont think they are harder then a zealot slicing a maraudor... or nuking a bunch of marines...

It would be as childish as refering an execution type to a bad event from the past...
THink everyone needs to grow up and see things as they are... games are games... not more, no less.

I would like to have some kind of Impaling by the way... :) would be nice.

Deolrin
May 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I also really like the random stuff that happens in some of the executions, like the sniper missing or the firing squad double tapping.
Or the gallows suddenly raising and dropping the corpse to the ground.
Or the electrical chair over-electrifying the victim.
Yeah, the overkills are epic. :)
And YES, a nuke(make a separate part of the terrain where the victim will be taken to, make it look like a giant desert... Then... Ghost: Nuke the hell out of it.) and\or a Firebat death would be epic.
Lethal injection would be cool, like with a room\closed space with the victim and a Medic in it. The Medic's animation fits either way, I think. :)

Also, yeah, I don't really have a problem with this whole 'gas chamber = nazi' thing, at least not anymore.

Bluebird
May 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Injection would be boring imo. He would just be lying there.

Narks
May 8th, 2011, 03:29 PM
so where is death by whale

Bluebird
May 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
On the topic of the gas chamber, wouldn't it be a nice overkill if it sometimes catches fire?

Dark.Revenant
May 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM
It's poison gas, not flammable gas. Also, the overkill is kinda hard to see, but it's a complete overflow of gas; the camera cuts to a security footage inside the chamber, he fails around an extra long time, and the gas is so opaque that you can hardly see the walls.

Trenix
May 8th, 2011, 10:42 PM
It's poison gas, not flammable gas. Also, the overkill is kinda hard to see, but it's a complete overflow of gas; the camera cuts to a security footage inside the chamber, he fails around an extra long time, and the gas is so opaque that you can hardly see the walls.

I've noticed it, was pretty nice.

Kaldra
May 9th, 2011, 12:12 AM
SC2 is a game about killing your enemy and blowing up there base. You really think there going to get on your case for some executions? If so then what has this world become? For shame...

Dark.Revenant
May 9th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Because gassing millions of Jews, Poles, homosexuals, prisoners, etc. wasn't exactly a fair fight and lots of people got mad about it.