PDA

View Full Version : S-FM Reverse

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I think it's time I made an attempt at this. So I took Reverse Mafia from EM and changed it up a little bit.

Warning, rainbow RP approaching.

RP: The world was peaceful on SC2Mafia.com. After the brutal battle against the moderators from Playmaf -Appley's S-FM Websites- The website was never stronger. People were accomplishing everything they set out to do.

Yet others thought there was a better way...

A man named Slaol was given Red, and the Cult of Slaol was made. This Cult worshiped the great Slaol, knowing he would bring them to new heights.

Two other powerful people in the site named Raptorblaze, and oops_ur_dead knew that this could not come to pass, the site had prospered under them for a while now, and that would not change...

The great Ash, an influential person on the forums has decided "fuck this site" and wants to be banned. Yet everyone loved Ash, and couldn't go on without him, so if he was banned, everyone would rage that he was gone.

And finally, after reading "How to hack websites for dummies" TheDarkestLight gave himself a ban ability, to gain eventual control of the site for himself.

Five others, known as creedkingsx, Damus_Graves, ika, AppleyNO, and Cryptonic believed that Slaol and TheDarkestLight would bring nothing but chaos and darkness to the website, and knew that they must help Raptorblaze and oops_ur_dead achieve victory and have peace and order as they had before

After a massive ban battle, all of our characters accounts other than Ash's had been banned, and for two months the site went rampant with chaos as the few remaining moderators could not keep control, and the great creator, known only as Dark.Revenant was no where to be found, the nine knew the only way to restore the site to it's former glory was to return.

Yet all nine had the same idea, and made a smurf account to hide themselves in, and now the battle continued as it has to this day.

Ash, knowing this was his best chance to be banned, made his own smurf account and joined the conflict.

They all decided that since no one knew who anyone else was, they would do what the website was made for, and have a game of Mafia decide it. Yet everyone decided the only way to stop the conflict from coming again was to ban the IP address, to prevent them from ever returning.

What would happen to the site? Would the current Admins keep their power? Would the Cult of Slaol convert all and pull them away from worship of the creator? Would TheDarkestLight become the most powerful and feared person in the site, even more so than the creator himself? Would the loss of Ash send the site into a rage filled mad house? Or would the site have no true force of power and return to chaos?

The fate of an entire website rests in these ten players hands...

RP names/Role list:
(oops_ur_dead) Consort
(Raptorblaze) Consigliere
(creedkingsx) Smurf
(ika) Smurf
(Cryptonic) Smurf
(AppleyNO) Smurf
(Damus_Graves) Smurf
(Ash) Jester
(TheDarkestLight) Serial Killer
(Slaol) Cult Leader

Role cards:
Consigliere: Target one person each night. Gets an investigative pairing resulting in that persons role. Cannot be converted into the Cult. Can speak with the Mafia at night.
Consort: Target one person each night. That person will be role blocked and cannot perform an action that night. Cannot be converted into the Cult. Can speak with the Mafia at night.
Smurf: Does nothing at night. Can be converted into the Cult. Does not attend Mafia meetings. Does not count towards Mafia win conditions.
Jester: Does nothing at night. If lynched the game automatically ends. Can be converted to the Cult.
Serial Killer: Kills one person each night, does not kill role blockers. Cannot be converted into the Cult. Learns if someone tried to convert him, yet not who. Invulnerable at night.
Cult Leader: Recruits one person into the Cult each night. If he dies a random Cultist will replace him. Can recruit every night. Can speak with the Cult at night.
Cultist: Can talk with the Cult at night.
Culted Jester Game ends if lynched, can talk with the Cult at night. Unable to replace Cult Leader. Appears as Cultist to allies and Consigliere.

Win Conditions:
Mafia: Wins if they control 50% of the vote at day and the SK is dead. Smurfs don't count to vote count.
Smurf: Wins if the Mafia wins, even if dead.
Jester: Wins if lynched, game automatically ends in solo Jester victory if lynched. If converted into the Cult he retains his win condition, yet also can win with the Cult.
Serial Killer: Wins if the last person alive, or among the last two.
Cult: Wins if the Mafia and Serial Killer have been eliminated, no matter the current vote count.
Cult Jester Wins if lynched, OR shares standard Cult win condition.

Order of Operations:
1: Night chat opens
2: Consort role blocks.
3: Consigliere learns his targets role.
4: All kills Serial Killer/Mafia
5: Cultist conversion

Mechanics:
Days last 24 hours.
Nights last 24 hours.
51% majority to lynch.
It is possible to joint win with the Jester as the Serial Killer or Mafia. If there are 3 people left, an Serial Killer, something else, and the Jester, if the Jester is lynched both the Serial Killer and Jester win for both achieving their win conditions. Same with the Mafia except the Serial Killer must be killed for them to win.
Game starts Day 1 with a lynch.*
One of the Mafia must give up their night action in order to kill.
If the Cult Leader dies the following night the remaining Cultists will vote on who replaces him. If tied none will become the Cult Leader and there will be a new vote every night until one is voted. The Culted Jester cannot become the Cult Leader. If only one Cultist remains, or one Cultist and the Culted Jester the Cultist automatically becomes the Cult Leader.

Rules:
No out of game discussion.
Questions in Green
No post editing. No warnings/second chances on this one.
English Only.
No claiming of RP-names in day chat, they are allowed in night chats however.
No Videos/Pictures.
Roles will be distributed via personal choice. Don't try to meta my choice.
No personal attacks.
Must post at least three times a day, and twice a night if you have a night chat.

Killed/Lynched: You have been banned!
Role blocked: Your account was hacked into doing nothing!
Conversion: You have been shown the true power of Slaol, and have joined the Cult. Your brothers are ..., ..., ...
Successful Conversion: Your target now worships Slaol.
Failed Conversion: Your target has turned down the power of Slaol.
SK Conversion Message: A Cultist tried to make you worship Slaol, yet you ignored the lies.
Promoted to Cult Leader: The great Slaol has fallen, yet you have offered your account as a smurf for him to use to continue to spread his word...
Consigliere Result: Your target is either a ..., (or a) ..., (or a) ...

Ties:
Serial Killer>Mafia>Cult
If only Smurf/Jester is left no one wins.

Investigative Pairings:
Consort/Consigliere -have to be a fail to get that-
Smurf/Serial Killer
Cult Leader/Cultist/Jester

Damus_Graves
April 6th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Misrepresentation of Damus.

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Misrepresentation of Damus.

This means nothing.

Damus_Graves
April 6th, 2013, 01:21 PM
This means nothing.

I started the Cult of Slaol as well as being prefered to have Rap in his leadership position so yes. This is misrepresentation!!
Imma sue you TDL. Get ready for the pain

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I started the Cult of Slaol as well as being prefered to have Rap in his leadership position so yes. This is misrepresentation!!
Imma sue you TDL. Get ready for the pain

Umm, uhh. I got nothing.

Plz talk about the set-up and not the RP plz.

Damus_Graves
April 6th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Umm, uhh. I got nothing.

Plz talk about the set-up and not the RP plz.

{Insert RP talk here}

Scum games need more nerfing here. There are too many smurfs in comparison with the other roles around them

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM
{Insert RP talk here}

Scum games need more nerfing here. There are too many smurfs in comparison with the other roles around them

Explain. The KPN is at 3, if there is no overlapping that could drop to two Smurfs at the end of N1.

Slaol
April 6th, 2013, 01:26 PM
One word- too many colors.

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM
One word- too many colors.

I told you, rainbow RP.

ika
April 6th, 2013, 02:42 PM
can i play as me?

NoctiZ
April 6th, 2013, 02:43 PM
No, I want to play as ika. I'm a better ika than ika.

ika
April 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM
No, I want to play as ika. I'm a better ika than ika.

you can be a smerf. i will be legit

Damus_Graves
April 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I would like to sign

ika
April 6th, 2013, 02:50 PM
btw /presign

-prefer ika

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Presigns will not be taken seriously if this gets approved.

Prefering gives you a 10% chance to get that certain person.

NoctiZ
April 6th, 2013, 02:55 PM

Wow sounds good, better pref- wait a minute..

ika
April 6th, 2013, 02:57 PM

now im more confused.... how do you decide who gets what roel then?

NoctiZ
April 6th, 2013, 02:59 PM

random.org is my best guess

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM

XD

10% = 1/10. 10 people. You get one role. And I still will select them myself.

ika
April 6th, 2013, 03:31 PM
XD

10% = 1/10. 10 people. You get one role. And I still will select them myself.

im im not me or something funny, i will demand replacment

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 03:33 PM
im im not me or something funny, i will demand replacment

K That means u get meta instantly.

"Oh hey ika didn't get replaced, he must be himself."

ika
April 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
K That means u get meta instantly.

"Oh hey ika didn't get replaced, he must be himself."

notice the part of something funny (there are ohter ppl i dont mind being)

and maybe i wont get myself and will play anyway

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 03:35 PM
notice the part of something funny (there are ohter ppl i dont mind being)

and maybe i wont get myself and will play anyway

If you were to sign up I already know what you are gonna be. I have lists made as to who should be what and why.

ika
April 6th, 2013, 03:37 PM
If you were to sign up I already know what you are gonna be. I have lists made as to who should be what and why.

well if i i sign and you give me whatever role you have predetermined i want to hear the reasoning. i might reteact the instant replacment then

TheDarkestLight
April 6th, 2013, 05:21 PM
well if i i sign and you give me whatever role you have predetermined i want to hear the reasoning. i might reteact the instant replacment then

It was relatively difficult writing down every name of every person I have seen play S-FMs and remember their skill level.

BorkBot
April 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I like this one.. it seems really simple.

The SK should have night immunity, else it will be far too difficult for him to win.

Would also add investigation pairings instead of consig detects exact role and RP name:

Smurf/Serial Killer
Cult Leader/Cultist/Jester

Does the jester become an ordinary cultist if converted or does he keep his power?

TheDarkestLight
April 7th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I like this one.. it seems really simple.

The SK should have night immunity, else it will be far too difficult for him to win.

Added.

Would also add investigation pairings instead of consig detects exact role and RP name:

Added.

Does the jester become an ordinary cultist if converted or does he keep his power?

He keeps his win condition of getting lynched and the game automatically ending in a solo Jester win, yet he also has the option of winning with the Cult if recruited. He can decide between the two. I'll add Cultist Jester as a specific role.

BorkBot
April 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
The feedback message from the consig investigation needs updating.

Add culted jester to the investigative pairings.

He keeps his win condition of getting lynched and the game automatically ending in a solo Jester win, yet he also has the option of winning with the Cult if recruited. He can decide between the two. I'll add Cultist Jester as a specific role.
When does he have to make this choice? Right when he is converted?

Are you familiar with hosting night chat forums / working with the admin CP?

If not, I can give some tips.

TheDarkestLight
April 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM

I stated he appears as a standard Cultist. I believe I have a good night chat set up.

BorkBot
April 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Is the culted jester victory automated? I.e. if he gets lynched he just wins and the cult loses, or does he have to send you a PM when he gets culted if he wants to keep his jester victory condition or win with the cult instead?

The line that says he can decide between the two contradicts the explanation above it.

TheDarkestLight
April 7th, 2013, 01:35 PM

When does he have to make this choice? Right when he is converted?

He can make the choice at any time. He isn't forced to specifically do one. If he might be lynched he might go for that, if he might not he might go for the Cult win. He can flip flop as he pleases.

BorkBot
April 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Alright.

Approved

Orpz
April 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
/sign

AppleyNO
April 9th, 2013, 04:34 PM
How did I miss a FM where I'm a main character???

TheDarkestLight
April 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM
How did I miss a FM where I'm a main character???

Technically a secondary. The main characters are the non-smurfs.

AppleyNO
April 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Technically a secondary. The main characters are the non-smurfs.
Still... Sorry TDL!

Glip
April 9th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I'm not cool enough to make it into the RP :*(