PDA

View Full Version : M-FM: Cops & Robbers

Slaol
March 31st, 2013, 08:34 PM
Setup: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18207-M-FM-Cops-amp-Robbers

We will start once ever accounts are made, and I can fix my night chats for it.
Also, remember... everyone is a Citizen.

Presigns are allowed for Damus_Graves, MintBerry Crunch, and Orpz. Then for the people that voted for my game. Then others. You may sign now, but if those people come in late they get preference.

/sign below.

Signups

Gerik
Damus_Graves
Mintberry Crunch
Creedkingsx
Glip
Borkbot
Orpz
AppleyNO
powerofdeath
Fragos
clementine
Numbertwo
NoctiZ
vornksr
CmG
Nazzhoul
Auckmid
Azuriae
RLVG
Fatalis

Reserves

Gingerape
Taekyon
Nicole

Glip
March 31st, 2013, 08:41 PM
begrudging /sign

Damus_Graves
March 31st, 2013, 08:42 PM
begrudging /sign
<3

BorkBot
March 31st, 2013, 08:43 PM
/sign

(might change to reserve, but I think I'll have enough time)

Orpz
March 31st, 2013, 08:52 PM
/sing

AppleyNO
March 31st, 2013, 09:00 PM
/sign

Orpz
March 31st, 2013, 09:32 PM
Woooh I was worried my name wouldn't get a cool color ^^

powerofdeath
March 31st, 2013, 09:56 PM
/sign

Fragos
April 1st, 2013, 01:23 AM
/sign

What theme for game account names you will be using? Can players suggest their own account names according to the chosen theme? (privately, of course)

clementine
April 1st, 2013, 01:29 AM
/sign

GvKr
April 1st, 2013, 07:03 AM
I'd sign if I wasn't already there.
You have made the best choice possible because MVP is MVP.

Numbertwo
April 1st, 2013, 08:29 AM
/sign

BorkBot
April 1st, 2013, 08:43 AM
The setup doesn't need anon accounts, so they probably shouldn't used.

Even though it's Slaol...

Slaol
April 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
The setup doesn't need anon accounts, so they probably shouldn't used.

Even though it's Slaol...

I am OK not using them. Would be easier, I suppose.

GvKr
April 1st, 2013, 08:48 AM
So.
When's the projected start

Slaol
April 1st, 2013, 08:52 AM
So.
When's the projected start

Once signups fill and I setup my night chats. Saturday at the latest. Sooner depending if Ika and I know who our schedule and what will be best.

ika
April 1st, 2013, 09:00 AM
Once signups fill and I setup my night chats. Saturday at the latest. Sooner depending if Ika and I know who our schedule and what will be best.

well due to the randoming of how my work scedule gets generated... i will have to work aorund that. i'll be on late tonight though and have an hour to talk we can discuss it then right now i have class

NoctiZ
April 1st, 2013, 09:01 AM
I voted for your game so /sign <3

Slaol
April 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
PER BORKBOT'S RULING ANON ACCOUNTS WILL NOT BE USED!

Numbertwo
April 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM
PER BORKBOT'S RULING ANON ACCOUNTS WILL NOT BE USED!

Aren't you above borkbot in rank?

ika
April 1st, 2013, 12:13 PM

yes but borkbot still retains rights on what fm goes through. we could if we wanted to but at same time. will it make a difrrence if we use anons?

NoctiZ
April 1st, 2013, 12:32 PM
yes but borkbot still retains rights on what fm goes through. we could if we wanted to but at same time. will it make a difrrence if we use anons?

Less meta, also has a nice feel to it if you ask me.

ika
April 1st, 2013, 12:36 PM
Less meta, also has a nice feel to it if you ask me.

i think it make more meta, it makes everyone go to com hunt everyone and then when ppl figure out a com name they meta the crap out of it.

ill talk with slaol about unsing the anons but most likely wont use them.

Slaol
April 1st, 2013, 12:36 PM

I could likely push it, but...

Respect > Rank

Gingerape
April 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
How many reserves do you have?

ika
April 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
How many reserves do you have?

right now i think 0 due to us needing more players on sign its 20 players

Gingerape
April 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM
oh shit 20. i know for sure someone will be modkilled then
/reserve

vornksr
April 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
/sign

I haven't played one of these newfangled mfm things, so are there important differences from real FM that I should know of?

GvKr
April 1st, 2013, 01:39 PM
/sign

I haven't played one of these newfangled mfm things, so are there important differences from real FM that I should know of?
Not really.
Smaller scale
Maybe (not) use of Anon accounts.
All to know

Cryptonic
April 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM
/sign

as long as you read the setup, it's exactly the same.

CmG
April 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM
no anon accounts? k

/sign

Nazzhoul
April 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
/Nazsign
(tm)

CmG
April 1st, 2013, 02:07 PM
/Nazisign
(tm)

fixed that for you. No need to thank me.

Gerik
April 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM
I thought anon accounts were just traditional for MFMs, regardless of whether or not they're necessary (like for big FMs). Take Halo, for example. Nothing about that setup demanded anon accounts, but they were used anyway.

Of course, I'll play either way, but I prefer anon accounts because they make it more difficult to meta and (for me, at least) they help me focus on the game because while I'm logged in to my anon account, I can only post in the game thread.

Plus, it means if you're commenting somewhere on the site that isn't the game, everyone can just say "Hey, she's posting in circlejerk, but not in the game! She's probably evil!", which hurts the game in my opinion because it rewards people for using external information rather than what's presented in the game.

BorkBot
April 1st, 2013, 04:10 PM
Of course, I'll play either way, but I prefer anon accounts because they make it more difficult to meta and (for me, at least) they help me focus on the game because while I'm logged in to my anon account, I can only post in the game thread.
This is a reason not to use anon accounts. If people participate in multiple FMs at the same time they have to switch constantly, which they won't want to do because it's inconvenient. One of the games will likely suffer. And occasionally, people forget to switch accounts and post with the wrong accounts in the wrong threads.

It was never a tradition to use anon accounts in MFM. They've only been used in like 4-5 games or so. If it's not important for your game, anon accounts are just not worth the hassle/problems that come with them.

Auckmid
April 1st, 2013, 04:20 PM
/sign

Gerik
April 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM
This is a reason not to use anon accounts. If people participate in multiple FMs at the same time they have to switch constantly, which they won't want to do because it's inconvenient. One of the games will likely suffer. And occasionally, people forget to switch accounts and post with the wrong accounts in the wrong threads.

It was never a tradition to use anon accounts in MFM. They've only been used in like 4-5 games or so. If it's not important for your game, anon accounts are just not worth the hassle/problems that come with them.

Well I usually stay out of smaller games so I can focus on larger ones, and usually (at least with big FMs) SFMs schedule their start dates so as not to overlap. But I guess with MFMs some people might prefer the convenience of not having to switch accounts.

For me personally the negative of having outside information leak into the game outweighs the positive of conveniently posting in multiple FMs, so I would prefer anon accounts.

Azuriae
April 1st, 2013, 08:42 PM
Might as well.
/sign

RLVG
April 2nd, 2013, 01:08 AM
/sign

Fragos
April 2nd, 2013, 05:15 AM
Heh, it's been a while since we played with our masks off. It will be a straight face-off between us soon.

CmG and BorkBot, do you remember THAT M-FM game hosted by Kromos? I really miss Dust now.

Oh, and keep in mind that powerofdeath might be actually a smurf of someone else who chose to stay hidden.

Fatalis
April 2nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
No fair this game was posted when you banned me :(
/reservesign

ika
April 2nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
No fair this game was posted when you banned me :(
/reservesign

is this a sign or resrve? if you are signing you are the 20th person

RLVG is 19th person

@fragos. if its a hidden person/smerf of another i think slaol can check ips now

Fatalis
April 2nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
is this a sign or resrve? if you are signing you are the 20th person

RLVG is 19th person

@fragos. if its a hidden person/smerf of another i think slaol can check ips now

omg I taught it's full
/sign

ika
April 2nd, 2013, 06:37 AM
omg I taught it's full
/sign

ok you are the 20th person.

we are now taking resrves. im gonna corrdinate with slaol and finalize everything. we pretty much planned out how the day/nights times will start but i will need to finalized some thing quickly with slaol. when he gets around to updating the signup list.

Taekyon
April 2nd, 2013, 06:54 AM
/reserve

Nicole
April 2nd, 2013, 07:13 AM
/reserve

Slaol
April 2nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Night chats will be fixed over the next day and we should start soon.

ika
April 2nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Night chats will be fixed over the next day and we should start soon.

also for those who are wondering i will be making the threads for each day. slaol has admin powers so if it gets locked he can unlock freely. the game should begin either tonight or tom depending on how much we can get done. we will still be taking resrves though

Slaol
April 3rd, 2013, 08:10 PM
Night Chats, and Role Cards are finalized. As soon as Ika comes on to start our game we shall begin. Hopefully this will be at midnight tonight. (in 2 hours)

ika
April 3rd, 2013, 08:27 PM
Running floor cleaner at work. Should be done in 30 to 45 mins.

Slaol
April 3rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
Role cards going out now. Day 1 starts in ~40 minutes

ika
April 3rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
GOGOGOGO