may only give one item per player
may give item to self
may not give multiple items of the same type
players may be given the same item again the next night
may give normal gun to self ONCE

Apprentice: You are the weapon makers apprentice and want to see him win

you know the master, but don't share a night chat
if master dies you become new Weapon Maker
may receive normal gun ONCE (resets when master dies)

Citizen: You want to kill the Weapon Maker and his apprentice

You can vote
Any variations of citizens (ie shitizen) requested are just for lolz
Variations (if requested) are for RP purpose only and should not impact game in any form

Paranoid Jester: An insane individual who wants to die

Instead of being lynched you want to be shot at night
Person who shoots you will suicide after shooting you

gun: shoot someone each night

if not used will shoot self
may shoot self

Tranquilizer: Blackmails the person the next day

May post "I am blackmailed"
May vote (no limit)
if not used will bm self
may shoot self
whoever is shot will be bmed for the next day

Troll gun: Send someone a jpg.pic

must be approved by host
will know its troll gun

vest: protection from gunshot

manual use

Fake Vest: a vest that is given to you from weapon master

does nothing
when used will be informed that its fake

night:
weapons get handed out
student picks master (n1 only)
vests on (+1)
gun shot/grief (-1)
jester annoy

Starts at night 0 and will begin day 1 when smith gives me who gets what items
51% needed to lynch
24hr day/night
No pm, skype, ect.
no editing or deleting post
night actions must be sent before day begins
LW is DISABLED
DN may be left by weapon maker regardless of who has the gun
RP may or may not contain hints
lurking is encouraged if you want replacement/modkill
questions in green

Shot - You are dead
shot with vest - you were shot but your vest saved you
jester annoy - your house has been plasted with troll faces
gun/Tranquilliser Gun - you got a gun
vest/fake vest reciving - you got a vest
reciving troll gun

Gun maker - you got a troll gun, you may send one person a picture (must be approved by host)
Host (becasue why not) - the host gave you a troll gun, you may send one person a picture (must be approved by host)

using vest - you put on your vest
using fake vest - you put on your vest but it breaks
variations of cits rp - depnds on role (ie shizen - someone took a shit at your house)

[/LIST]

update log:
3/30/13: made it
4/3/13: remodling
4/7/13: completele redone and remade it
4/9/13: approved

BorkBot
April 2nd, 2013, 05:29 AM
Adding to queue. Expect a review soon.

Cryptonic
April 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
If the Weapons Master can choose his Apprentice, why is Apprentice on the roles list? Wouldn't the Apprentice have to start as another role first? and if this is the case, what happens if the Weapons Master chooses a Neutral to be his Apprentice?

Does Weapon master choose who gets what? Is there any limit to how many of one item he can give out?
So Booze can do anything? Can you change this so it has a confirmed effect so players can prepare for it Pls.
How does the toolkit work, exactly? Does the person using it have to use it on another player?
Are people informed if a skeleton key is cursed?

ika
April 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
If the Weapons Master can choose his Apprentice, why is Apprentice on the roles list?

no i have it that the weapon maker will have his role first. and then from the list of players he will decide who is his apprentice it will be pre-game decision. or i could just assign apprentice to random person

Wouldn't the Apprentice have to start as another role first? and if this is the case, what happens if the Weapons Master chooses a Neutral to be his Apprentice?

apprentcie is set role. this is to not have game end early weapon mast will get his role before the others and pm me back who he wants as apprentice

answered

Cryptonic
April 2nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
oh ok.
Also editted in some more questions above.

Also, Can Weapon Master give Apprentice an item?
If a Student chooses the Weapon Master/Apprentice, can the Student be given items?

ika
April 2nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
oh ok.
Also editted in some more questions above.

Also, Can Weapon Master give Apprentice an item?
If a Student chooses the Weapon Master/Apprentice, can the Student be given items?

weapon master can give anyone anything that include the aprentice, the thing is they do not have a night chat they only know each other i will edit that in and yes student can get items, master can give himself items to himself as well

answered that and will answer the next questions shortly

Cryptonic
April 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
so master can give himself and his apprentice each a gun and then shoot 2 people the next night?

ika
April 2nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Does Weapon master choose who gets what?

yes i announce who gets what publicly each morning

Is there any limit to how many of one item he can give out?

each day it is limited to one item.

So Booze can do anything? Can you change this so it has a confirmed effect so players can prepare for it Pls.

edit it shortly

How does the toolkit work, exactly? Does the person using it have to use it on another player?

tool kit is used to find the tampered item. they use it on another players item, if it is tampered it will be fixed, if it isnt it is wasted

Are people informed if a skeleton key is cursed?

no, it is the tampered version of the key only way to know is tool-kit

ika
April 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
so master can give himself and his apprentice each a gun and then shoot 2 people the next night?

no he can give one gun each day

BorkBot
April 2nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
How can the weapon maker hand out weapons to everyone if multiples of the same item aren't allowed and there are more players in the game than there are different items?

Please just make the assignment of the assistant random. It makes more sense in this case. The follower in RLVG's game was an experiment, but the choice was at least based on daytime participation and it always resulted in the conversion of one town player. If the choice is made before the game even starts, the only factor in the choice is meta- knowledge of players from other games. It does not make sense to have a mechanic that works solely because of metagaming and to be frank I'd rather not support it.

BorkBot
April 2nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Perhaps a nice alternative for Booze would be to make it work like drug dealing. Make it SEEM like someone received certain tools while they didn't. Most of the tampered goodies do exactly this, so you might as well make it one of the chosen items (like Booze) and remove the tampering mechanic, because an additional item seems less complicated than an additional mechanic. And it should be a SIMPLE FM ;)

It will also cause the town to counterclaim each other because of the duplicate items they received, and the scum can hide among them. It seems to me that this might be something beneficial to your setup.

Anyway, the booze must be something specific like Cryptonic suggested.

If the fake vest disappears after one night, how can it be given to another player?

Why does it need to be possible to pass auto-use vests around at all? Doesn't that make it way too easy to just make sure nobody gets shot at night, because everyone is going to have night immunity after a day or 2-3? Why not make it an ordinary survivor-style vest that can't be passed around?

On balance:
So the winning condition for the Paranoid Jester is just to die? This is too easy. Make it either lynch or night death, not both. Probably night death only, to make it different from the normal jester.

Paranoid executioner is also slightly too easy. I would recommend changing his winning condition so that he also has to survive until the end (unlike the normal exec), but that he gets a single use auto-vest when his target is lynched/killed BY HIM at night.

Survivor has too many vests for a small game. Make it 2.

Damus_Graves
April 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Weapon Maker
Apprentrice
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Paranoid Executioner
Neutral

6 vs 4 (Potentially)

I do not see how this is balanced.
From what I see the Weapon Maker just gives a gun each night, which may or may not be tampered with which may or may not be used at owners discretion.

BorkBot
April 2nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
6 vs 4 (Potentially)

I do not see how this is balanced.
From what I see the Weapon Maker just gives a gun each night, which may or may not be tampered with which may or may not be used at owners discretion.

Actually, I agree with this. Sorry for going too in-depth right away.

I'd recommend removing the paranoid executioner from the defined roles list and removing student from the possible neutrals list. Just keep one slot for survivor/(paranoid) jester/(paranoid) executioner.

Then you have 6 town vs 2 "mafiasmiths" and a neutral that will slightly hurt the town.

ika
April 2nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
locking thread to review everything and redo. also have cops and robbers going on so i will be putting this on hold and remodeling it based off what i have been asked/given as of now

ika
April 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
ok i completely remade this setup. many of the questions are now irrlevent due to the fact that that most of the stuff was removed. so RESTART

BorkBot
April 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Weapon Maker: You are the maker of weapons and want everyone dead
Each night hand out weapons to everyone

person can receive same item
Weapon Maker will chose who their apprentice n1
may give shooting gun to self ONCE
may give self BM gun infinite

Neither of the yellow items is very clear.
Does it mean he can send the same item to multiple people on the same night?
Does it mean he can send the same item to the same person the next night?
What does "BM gun infinite" mean?

What's to stop the weapon maker from simply giving everyone blackmail guns and basically ruining the game?

Can the weapon maker give items to himself? If yes, what items?

Can the weapon maker give items to his apprentice? If yes, what items?

What's the purpose of the troll gun?

Why would the weapon maker ever give out fake vests?

Can the paranoid jester win by shooting himself with a gun from the weapon maker?

ika
April 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Neither of the yellow items is very clear.
Does it mean he can send the same item to multiple people on the same night?

each item is sent once, that means person A can get the regular gun each night and person B can get BM gun each night, all item must be sent each night otherwise it will be randomed to someone

Does it mean he can send the same item to the same person the next night?

yes, only exceptions is weapon make and apprentice

What does "BM gun infinite" mean?

he can give him self the BM gun as many times as he wants. this to to counter the fact that the maker is not getting a gun

What's to stop the weapon maker from simply giving everyone blackmail guns and basically ruining the game?

one BM gun may be given each night, if it is not used it is fired upon self causing a self BM

Can the weapon maker give items to himself? If yes, what items?

Yes ONE time actual gun, ONE actual vest, fake vest, BM gun, and troll gun can be given to self as many times as pleased

Can the weapon maker give items to his apprentice? If yes, what items?

same as above

What's the purpose of the troll gun?

its for lolz it should have no affect in the long run

Why would the weapon maker ever give out fake vests?

WIFOM, someone gets a vest they think they are immune, almost like drug dealing

Can the paranoid jester win by shooting himself with a gun from the weapon maker?

i dont see why not its just that then he doesnt kill anyone

all done should be claifired in opening now

BorkBot
April 9th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I find the wording in this rolecard to be very unclear and misleading:

Weapon Maker: You are the maker of weapons and want everyone dead
Each night hand out weapons to everyone

person can receive same item
Weapon Maker will chose who their apprentice n1
may give shooting gun to self ONCE

Maybe instead:

Weapon Maker: You are the maker of weapons and want the town dead
Each night, hand out one of each of your available weapons to any players of your choosing

Weapon Maker chooses an apprentice n1
may only give one item per player
may give item to self
may not give multiple items of the same type
players may be given the same item again the next night
may give normal gun to self ONCE

Can the weapon maker decide not to give one of his items? i.e. MUST he submit a target for ALL of the items he has?

What if he has more items than there are players alive?

you know the master
may recive shooting gun ONCE (resets if becomes master)

Can the apprentice give himself BM guns while he isn't a weapon maker yet?

After reading it again, the description of the BM gun is misleading. I thought you could shoot (and kill) someone with it and if you didn't shoot, you'd get blackmailed.

Recommend changing the name of BM gun to Sleeping Pills

ika
April 9th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I find the wording in this rolecard to be very unclear and misleading:

Maybe instead:

i will use that

Can the weapon maker decide not to give one of his items? i.e. MUST he submit a target for ALL of the items he has?

if he spcificly says in night action that none recive item X it will not be sent. if he says pass out X,X, and X to Y,Y,Y and doesnt say anythign about item Z, i will random it but also remind him that one weapon is unselected

What if he has more items than there are players alive?

as the players shrink down the items can be decided by maker, however the gun must always be present

Can the apprentice give himself BM guns while he isn't a weapon maker yet?

apprentcie does not hand out weapons soley the weapon maker

After reading it again, the description of the BM gun is misleading. I thought you could shoot (and kill) someone with it and if you didn't shoot, you'd get blackmailed.

i could modifiy the gun that if they dont shoot they get blackmailed as punishment or they shoot self.

added this for claification. does this work?

the person who is shot by the BM gun will be bmed the next day

Recommend changing the name of BM gun to Sleeping Pills

really the point of the bmed gun is that they say they got a gun. but someone else also gets a gun. so they need to try to figure out who has what gun, i could make it that they could discard the gun, however i will put a limit on how many times so ppl dont go discard every night

done

BorkBot
April 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM
i will use that
It's still showing the old rolecard, just so you know.

Update this rolecard:

you know the master
may recive shooting gun ONCE (resets if becomes master)

To:

you know the master, but don't share a night chat
may receive normal gun ONCE (resets when master dies)

Because the way it is now it looks like the apprentice can hand himself BM guns.

So a BM gun is a "fake gun"? I thought the troll gun was the fake gun :S

Call it a Tranquilliser Gun then (shoots paralytic darts) and update the feedback to say:

gun/tranquilliser gun received - you got a gun

ika
April 9th, 2013, 10:46 AM
It's still showing the old rolecard, just so you know.

Update this rolecard:

To:

will update berifly by time you eard this is should be done

Because the way it is now it looks like the apprentice can hand himself BM guns.

So a BM gun is a "fake gun"? I thought the troll gun was the fake gun :S

they are technacly both fake gun but the troll gun is expictly told, its more of a for fun mechanic and entertainment will add its feedback i will post it here and edit to opening (who knows someone might find a way to find the scums)

given by blacksmith - You recived the troll gun, you may shoot someone a imgage (must be sent to me for approval)

given by host (becasue why not) - the host decided to give you a troll gun, you may shoot someone a imgage (must be sent to me for approval)

Call it a Tranquilliser Gun then (shoots paralytic darts) and update the feedback to say:

will do

now updating

BorkBot
April 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Looks complete now.

Approved

creedkingsx
April 16th, 2013, 01:51 PM
How does the weapon maker work? He has to send one of each of his available items to a player every night, or he has to send every player an item each night?
The former was suggested in Bork's role card suggestion, which you said you would use, but you never put it in the setup.

creedkingsx
April 16th, 2013, 01:54 PM

if he spcificly says in night action that none recive item X it will not be sent. if he says pass out X,X, and X to Y,Y,Y and doesnt say anythign about item Z, i will random it but also remind him that one weapon is unselected

Is this still a thing?

ika
April 16th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Is this still a thing?

yes weapon maker may decide not to pass out items