PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Fund Raiser Role 1

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Role name: Kidnapper

Description: A retired corrupt warden, secretly detaining people of interest.

Alignment: Mafia, Mafia Killing/Support

Abilities: This role has the ability to kidnap and roleblock one player each night. The Kidnapper can speak anonymously with the kidnapped person at night, and optionally execute them. The Kidnapped target will recieve immunity from other killing roles.

Win Condition: Win with Mafia.

Host Options:
1) Becomes Mafioso if alone. [x]
2) Can feign an execute after execute is used. [x]
3) Can jail Mafia members. [ ]

Additional comments: Stays in Mafia chat, even when in Kidnapper chat. Can make 1 execution. Jails after days of no lynch.

Assuming the option is on - If his kill as been used, he can reactivate the ability to "feign" a kill. The target will still believe they are about to be executed, but nothing will happen as night concludes if the charge has already been used.

This kill CAN be used in conjunction with the standard Mafia kill similar to disguiser.

This kill from this role does not clean the victims role, however the kill type is the same as a jailor's (Was Executed in a Jail Cell).

Invest will pair with jailor. Jailor invest pairing removed from Vig/Mafioso

An option to exclude this role from Random Support Mafia may be added.

Elixir
March 29th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Can you really trust your Jailor now?

Damus_Graves
March 29th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Damus is excited.

Auckmid
March 29th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I like this role. Jailor was one of the few roles which I thought maybe needed a nerfxD

Gerik
March 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Only other things you need are evil mayor and spy and all OP town roles are nerfed to a bearable level.

creedkingsx
March 29th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Evil Mayor.
I like it.

We will call him, "Politician."

Elixir
March 29th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Only other things you need are evil mayor and spy and all OP town roles are nerfed to a bearable level.

Spy will get looked at, probably not a new role to counter it but its abilities might be tweaked.

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 01:03 AM

Spy won't need a counter role. Stay tuned kiddos.

Auckmid
March 29th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Assassin is coming

Edit: Creed, talk to me on skype

creedkingsx
March 29th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Assassin is coming

pics or gtfo

Fragos
March 29th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Slaol is trolling us. He is just showing off his new admin badge. The only person who has the power to implement new roles in the game is Dark Revenant himself.

Unless we hear the actual approval from Dark Revenant, I will not believe anything Slaol says.

Damus_Graves
March 29th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Slaol is trolling us. He is just showing off his new admin badge. The only person who has the power to implement new roles in the game is Dark Revenant himself.

Unless we hear the actual approval from Dark Revenant, I will not believe anything Slaol says.
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18465-Upcoming-Role-Revealing-Fund-Raiser?p=299262#post299262

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 02:12 AM

Did.... you you not see this thread?
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18465-Upcoming-Role-Revealing-Fund-Raiser?p=299262#post299262
Edited by DR, and posted by DR...
Fragos... come on? lol. And Elixir is in here too.

Fragos
March 29th, 2013, 02:26 AM
So now they are using donations in a different way? Where is Blizzard looking? 8)

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 02:28 AM
So now they are using donations in a different way? Where is Blizzard looking? 8)

This is exactly the same as the old R&D access. Pay of discussion and secrets/leaks.

Voss
March 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM
so kidnappers can only kill once?
and what's the point of a fake execution? an execution is perfect. if you fake it, you tell them that it was fake, and that theirs a kidnapper in the game...

and in jail, you don't have to give your role anymore?
this definitely changes the meta of the game.

Lazers
March 29th, 2013, 10:37 AM
How many admins do we have now

Well, on topic, seems aiight. Twice the jails (gay), but jailor loses credibility and gains WIFOM bullshit, so I suppose it's a good addition

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM

Bing.
Bing.
Motherfucking.
Boom.

How many admins do we have now

4*

Voss
March 29th, 2013, 01:51 PM
and what's the point of a fake execution? an execution is perfect. if you fake it, you tell them that it was fake, and that theirs a kidnapper in the game...

ideas behind this?

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 01:53 PM
ideas behind this?

Wat?

Damus_Graves
March 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM

and in jail, you don't have to give your role anymore?

I believe this role is primarily to counter act the OP jailor and give the mafia a potential investigative roleblocker more than a secondary killer.
Kidnapper is to fake being a Jailor first and foremost and erode any support jailors instantly get into healthy skepticism. Basically the Fake kill, in some sense, is to give the belief that the jailor is a troll and should not be trusted at all.

Voss
March 29th, 2013, 01:57 PM
but... real jailors can't do a fake execution..., so its an auto-tell that theres a kidnapper. i don't see why anyone would ever want to do that, unless its just a troll mechanic for lulz.

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I believe this role is primarily to counter act the OP jailor and give the mafia a potential investigative roleblocker more than a secondary killer.
Kidnapper is to fake being a Jailor first and foremost and erode any support jailors instantly get into healthy skepticism. Basically the Fake kill, in some sense, is to give the belief that the jailor is a troll and should not be trusted at all.

This. If a kidnapper lets his fake execute go through and it is made obvious he could claim role blocked potentially, but for the most part he should deselect the execute button before night ends.

but... real jailors can't do a fake execution..., so its an auto-tell that theres a kidnapper. i don't see why anyone would ever want to do that, unless its just a troll mechanic for lulz.

User error if he lets himself be found out

Numbertwo
March 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Will the kidnapper be able to kill a night immune serial killer?

Damus_Graves
March 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM
It should.

Voss
March 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
This. If a kidnapper lets his fake execute go through and it is made obvious he could claim role blocked potentially, but for the most part he should deselect the execute button before night ends.

User error if he lets himself be found out

ooohhhh jailors can be roleblocked. that makes so much sense. usually they aren't.

Nazzhoul
March 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Can he type in both mafia chat and jailor chat? If so, how?

BorkBot
March 29th, 2013, 03:55 PM

This is actually a really good question.

There isn't any mechanic that supports multiple chats in the game yet.

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 04:30 PM

He will speak in both chats at the same time. No command to switch. Mafia will be able to see the Kidnap chat as well to suggest whether or not to execute. We suggest you take a night to establish some form of simple code.

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Bump for reminder. Kidnapper information stays in this thread. Anything leaked will be punished. Feel free to 'speculate', and mess with non-donors about what the fine details are. But anything that is flat leaked will be dealt with.

Lazers
March 29th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Bump for reminder. Kidnapper information stays in this thread. Anything leaked will be punished. Feel free to 'speculate', and mess with non-donors about what the fine details are. But anything that is flat leaked will be dealt with.

woops

He will speak in both chats at the same time. No command to switch. Mafia will be able to see the Kidnap chat as well to suggest whether or not to execute. We suggest you take a night to establish some form of simple code.

Well, well, well. Spy has another purpose now

Auckmid
March 29th, 2013, 05:07 PM
To be clear with why the Kidnapper can fake executions...

Game setup: Kidnapper has 1 execute, Jailor has 3.

N1: (Kidnapper executes target)

N2: Kidnapper: Role?
Kidnappee: You could be the Kidnapper. Press execute button to prove you still have charges.
Kidnapper: ...

(Kidnapper becomes UP Consort)

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 05:10 PM
To be clear with why the Kidnapper can fake executions...

Game setup: Kidnapper has 1 execute, Jailor has 3.

N1: (Kidnapper executes target)

N2: Kidnapper: Role?
Kidnappee: You could be the Kidnapper. Press execute button to prove you still have charges.
Kidnapper: ...

(Kidnapper becomes UP Consort)

Correct. Like a pressure vote.

BorkBot
March 29th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Can the kidnapper jail mafia members?

I can see it being used to grant immunity to kills by vigilantes and neutral killers. Especially if a certain mafia role's action isn't going to be used constantly, like janitor or disguiser.

Slaol
March 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Can the kidnapper jail mafia members?

I can see it being used to grant immunity to kills by vigilantes and neutral killers. Especially if a certain mafia role's action isn't going to be used constantly, like janitor or disguiser.

In discussion.
Put in as a host option. Elixir might disagree later.

creedkingsx
March 29th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Bing.
Bing.
Motherfucking.
Boom.

4*

13*

Voss
March 29th, 2013, 07:16 PM
will testers be needed for the new roles?

creedkingsx
March 29th, 2013, 07:24 PM
will testers be needed for the new roles?

Probably.
This is an added benefit of R&D. testers generally come from here.

Voss
March 29th, 2013, 07:25 PM
*insert meme*

i volunteer.

Fragos
April 10th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Who is responcible for uploading the updated Mafia on the EU servers?