PDA

View Full Version : Rev at Job Interview

Dark.Revenant
August 23rd, 2011, 12:31 AM
Well, an application I submitted in person to a local Jamba Juice resulted in them wanting me to come in for an interview in a few days.

Why is this interesting? Well, for one, I submitted this application almost three months ago.

Clawtrocity
August 23rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
People quit. People are higher than you on list. They quit. You get called. You quit. People below you get job.

L2Job hunt yo

FalseTruth
August 23rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
Rev, just get a job in your college. You have your bookstore, a bunch of eating places, and shops everywhere. If you REALLY needed a job you could've gotten one by now. Stop making excuses and stand up for yourself.

Dark.Revenant
August 23rd, 2011, 01:35 AM
College work pays less than even a place like Jamba Juice. Also, yes I tried to get campus jobs and didn't get them.

Also, getting a job this summer would have been an at-all-costs venture, i.e. spending every active hour seeking a job until I finally get something. If I did that, you wouldn't have Mafia. Besides, I made as much money doing Mafia as I would have doing a minimum wage part-time job, which is what I would have gotten.

It's likely that I'll land this job and I'll probably take it because I could use the extra income. I don't see how this is a pity party thread at all.

Clawtrocity
August 23rd, 2011, 01:42 AM
It's not.

It's a mock rev thread for not understanding how business works.

DR starts at Jamba Juice today...Tomorrow he's working for Donald Trump.

or something like that right?

Cyber_Cheese
August 23rd, 2011, 04:12 AM
with jobs that heaps of people apply at three months is a pretty standard amount of time before they get through to your name

styx0202
August 23rd, 2011, 04:53 AM
lol Dark is really turning his website into his blog isn't he? next thing we'll see"help Rev decide what to eat tomorrow" "Rev changes pants color to pink what you think?" ....... i'm out
get a blog bro

EagleMan
August 23rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
I'm pretty sure you could've judged what kind of topic it would be before entering it

you're such a cool kid styx, I want to be like you and will name my children after you

LOBSTERS
August 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
I totally think he should wear pink pants.

Narks
August 23rd, 2011, 12:16 PM
SELL MAFIA THONGS

Tipzntrix
August 23rd, 2011, 01:49 PM
SELL MAFIA THONGS

he already is you dope

Narks
August 23rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
it should be spammed everywhere on forums

Graham
August 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
3 months haha. They are pretty organized at least to not lose your application in these 3 months!

And it's true that college jobs pay less than off-campus jobs - I'm on a F1 visa so I can't work off campus, it sucks. I have skill sets that are unique enough so getting a campus job wasn't a problem. But the pay massively sucks.. it's like 50% less than my summer job right now in Canada, plus 1/7 of hours per week.. lol

NorthStar
August 23rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
SELL MAFIA THONGS

he already is you dope

But nobody will buy it unless he advertises. =D

CaressMeTenderly
August 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
ITT: Bratty children complaining about a thread they voluntarily clicked on.
Basically.

Inca_Killa
August 24th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I applied for Netflix customer support.

Woo go me.

Now that its not just you applying for a job I should be added to the Thread title. :D.

Or maybe only if I get an interview xD

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 24th, 2011, 07:34 AM
omg yesss
rev ad his name 2 the tielt

TheJackofSpades
August 24th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Who gives a shit if college jobs pay less, at my university at least, they are required to work around your class schedule.

That by itself is worth it.

Nick
August 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Who gives a shit if college jobs pay less, at my university at least, they are required to work around your class schedule.

That by itself is worth it.

Why go in the first place? Just buy it...

Dark.Revenant
August 24th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I already stated I didn't get any of the campus jobs. lol

Graham
August 24th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Just mention to any prospective employer you are the leader of mafia with 970 members so they better watch out. in-campus jobs np np

Dark.Revenant
August 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Nailed the interview. 8)

EagleMan
August 25th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Did you striptease?

NorthStar
August 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM
What did you put into the test juice that your boss drank?

FalseTruth
August 25th, 2011, 12:51 PM
What did you put into the test juice that your boss drank?

Plato's Semen. Obviously.

SilentShadow
August 26th, 2011, 12:47 AM
He told him that he sells thongs for his current living. The guy took pity on him and gave him the job.

Landstander
November 21st, 2011, 09:44 PM
lol Dark is really turning his website into his blog isn't he? next thing we'll see"help Rev decide what to eat tomorrow" "Rev changes pants color to pink what you think?" ....... i'm out
get a blog bro

DR needs a twitter, lol

Apocist
November 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
Rofl, seriously? I work for Jamba Juice

Ambient
November 21st, 2011, 09:59 PM
>.> Don't bring up threads from late August.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
November 21st, 2011, 10:54 PM
>.> Don't bring up threads from late August.

There used to be a warning for when you thread necro, read along the lines of

There has been no new activity in this thread in the past 90 days, are you sure you wish to post?

We also could use auto-locking of threads that die.

Apocist
November 21st, 2011, 11:02 PM
oh wow,that is old. I didn't read the dates...just that someone last posted 10 mins ago

Ash
November 22nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
CONGRATS REV!! OMG!! oh wait im late.