PDA

View Full Version : MFM XVII Poll

BorkBot
March 26th, 2013, 05:23 PM
It's time for another MFM poll. Even though there are twice as many submissions as last time, it's going to be a quickie this time too. So don't delay your votes!

The candidates for this round are as follows:

Setup 1: COMMUNITY (20p)

Host: Clementine & Gerik
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18142-M-FM-COMMUNITY

Overview: Greendale Community College has never been so warm and welcoming. Literally. The air conditioning repair school has all but closed with the departure of Troy Barnes, the death of Robert Laybourne in a “freon line rupture”, and the arrest of Murray in Season 3. But something seems to be amiss. Rumors of Laybourne and Murray’s return and desire to recruit Troy back into their ranks have surfaced. How is this even possible!!?!

Special note: A fairly normal game with a couple of less than regular roles. One of the townsfolk might just be invited to join the mafia at some point, but they do not know if they are the one.

Setup 2: Cops & Robbers (20p)

Host: Slaol & ika
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18207-M-FM-Cops-amp-Robbers

Overview: It's the classic story of goody two-shoes orderly policemen and townsfolk against the bad guys. They get together, collect the evidence, and discuss in secret their plans to wipe out the criminals that plague their city. Almost like an episode of CSI, but not quite, because the good guys can kill people too. And they will! Especially with those escaped prisoners on the loose, hiding among the innocent...

Special note: In this game, a group of power roles on the town shares a night chat to aid them in fulfilling their goals. Because of this, the town has much less of a majority than in most games. Coordination of night actions will be at least as important as convincing people to vote the right way during the day.
To assist in overcoming this challenge, there's a "mail" mechanic that allows limited use of private messaging between players (through the host).
Finally, there are a lot of unusual custom roles in this setup, including evil "citizens," so take your time to read the rolecards!

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Now accepting bribes.

BorkBot
March 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
*insert screenshot of mouse pointer over infraction button here*

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 05:34 PM
*insert screenshot of mouse pointer over infraction button here*

Okay okay....
You didn't have to hit me so hard :(

I personally prefer Slaol's FM over Clem's for a few reasons:
I am, by in large, a gigantic fan of any mechanics that allow for manipulations and overdrawn schemes. This sort of mechanical machinery allows for a true test of a player's skill and deductive reasoning. This FM will be tense, frustrating, an chalk full of WIFOM around every coroner. With the cornicopia of strange roles and the Mail mechanic this game will prove to be a "Keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing" game that I am heartily looking forward to.

Blazer
March 26th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I give you a cookie if you vote for clem.

TheRealSlimShady
March 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Im going for Clementine and Gerik.

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Clem's setup is indeed interesting but it is a larger sc2mafia game with an extra mechanic or two. While, yes, that is going to be fun with the right players Slaol's MFM is going to be fun regardless of who is playing. There will be so many possible twists and turns that nothing you attempt to analysis will prepare you for the realities that reveal themselves as people die and feedbacks get collected. Mafia have a variety of roles to fake and wifom roles in and out of the game, confuse town, and mislynch players with enough finesse. Even with this probability in mind Town has enough information gathering roles to counteract mafia/neutrals steps to disrupt their communication. Even if there was no benign roles to fluctuate their attempts this setup has the potential to be a nailbiter that seemingly only exists within FMs at this point in time. You gotta see reason and vote for the guaranteed mindf**** that is sure to happen in Slaol's MFM.

Glip
March 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Clem's setup is indeed interesting but it is a larger sc2mafia game with an extra mechanic or two. While, yes, that is going to be fun with the right players Slaol's MFM is going to be fun regardless of who is playing. There will be so many possible twists and turns that nothing you attempt to analysis will prepare you for the realities that reveal themselves as people die and feedbacks get collected. Mafia have a variety of roles to fake and wifom roles in and out of the game, confuse town, and mislynch players with enough finesse. Even with this probability in mind Town has enough information gathering roles to counteract mafia/neutrals steps to disrupt their communication. Even if there was no benign roles to fluctuate their attempts this setup has the potential to be a nailbiter that seemingly only exists within FMs at this point in time. You gotta see reason and vote for the guaranteed mindf**** that is sure to happen in Slaol's MFM.

But clementine.

Blazer
March 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
But clementine.

This. These two words beat your wall of text.

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM
But clementine.

I know but my counter:
Gerik :p

This. These two words beat your wall of text.

See above.
Oh. That sig can induce seizures. Change plz.

Gerik
March 26th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I know but my counter:

See above.

Blazer
March 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I know but my counter:

See above.
You counter is weak.

DAMUS uses GERIK!
It's not very effective.

Which sig damus? There's many rotating... :) and no. Girl und panzer is staying :P

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 08:50 PM

I want you to play.

You counter is weak.

DAMUS uses GERIK!
It's not very effective.

Which sig damus? There's many rotating... :) and no. Girl und panzer is staying :P

Party hard one

Blazer
March 26th, 2013, 09:05 PM
You counter is weak.

DAMUS uses GERIK!
It's not very effective.

I want you to play.

Party hard one
:)

ika
March 26th, 2013, 09:53 PM
vote us i got epic rp already ready for intro.

Glip
March 26th, 2013, 09:57 PM
As interested as I am in seeing what RP ika has prepared for us, I'm afraid my previous statement still stands.

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 09:59 PM
As interested as I am in seeing what RP ika has prepared for us, I'm afraid my previous statement still stands.

What if the RP is very very good and I give you 10 rep twice?

Glip
March 26th, 2013, 10:03 PM
What if the RP is very very good and I give you 10 rep twice?

As interested as I am in seeing the quality of Ika's RP and receiving +rep from you, I'm afraid my previous statement about my previous statement still standing still stands.

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 10:04 PM
As interested as I am in seeing the quality of Ika's RP and receiving +rep from you, I'm afraid my previous statement about my previous statement still standing still stands.

You are a ClemIng aren't you?

Raptorblaze
March 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I vote to lynch slaol.

Glip
March 26th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Clementine

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 10:10 PM
The Cult of Slaol is accepting Acolytes for Initiation.
You must vote for everything Slaol, excluding MVP, to be accepted as a Slaolyte.

Auckmid
March 26th, 2013, 10:38 PM
I am getting a strong feeling that people are voting based on host and not setup.

Damus_Graves
March 26th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I am getting a strong feeling that people are voting based on host and not setup.

Naw I really really like Slaols setup. However I agree on the clem voters

AppleyNO
March 27th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I have read Clementines before the poll. Time to read Slaols.

EDIT: Slaols setup wins my vote.

CmG
March 27th, 2013, 05:33 AM
/slaol

i don't like the 4 sheriff system and mafia who can win with neutral killers. Is not what i like to play. Sry clem :(

Cryptonic
March 27th, 2013, 06:44 AM
If you're not gonna be signing up, please don't vote.
It just skews the results of what game people actually want to play by just coming in and voting cause your friends asked.

Blazer
March 27th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Dat tied tally.

Fatalis
March 27th, 2013, 07:06 AM
/sloal

To be honest neither of these are as ''unique'' as the previous previous games though

Blazer
March 27th, 2013, 07:08 AM
/sloal

To be honest neither of these are as ''unique'' as the previous previous games though

Doesn't have to be 'unique' to be good to be fair ;D

Fatalis
March 27th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Doesn't have to be 'unique' to be good to be fair ;D

Me like games with unique stuff

..even though I never read the setup and always ends getting lynched because of that

Blazer
March 27th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Me like games with unique stuff

..even though I never read the setup and always ends getting lynched because of that

*Fatalis has become infected!* Ahhh. Memories.

CmG
March 27th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Oppa Happyfarm Style!

ika
March 27th, 2013, 08:17 AM
epic opening rp time

“Welcome to Slaolvaina” President Slaol said as the citizens gathered around. “We stand here today to mark the beginning of a new day with the fall of the Great evil of the mafia” He points towards the Godfather who’s face is covered. “Our beloved Jailor is here to publicly execute him and free us from Mafia truant.”

The Jailor comes on the stage wearing a mask ready to kill the Godfather at Slaol’s command. Slaol looks at Jailor and nods.

“Any last words Godfather?” Slaol asks, “No” the Godfather replies

Suddenly, a huge explosion comes from one of the parked cars and everyone panics, unsure what’s going on, in the mist of the panic several mafia members come running in and snatch the Godfather and run out before anyone noticed. Then there was another explosion from coming from the prison grounds not too far away.

“The Prisoners are escaping!” Someone shouted as they started to run out, the police force tried to round them all up but some still escaped into the city and have disguised themselves among the towns’ people. Elsewhere, the Mafia has unmasked their Godfather, asking if he’s alright. He assures his mafia that he is fine and that they will get their revenge. He asked who set up the explosion and they all glance at each other and then hand the Godfather a note.

The note reads as follows:
At the time of your leaders’ execution, be ready to save him…

The Godfather folded up the paper and put it in his pocket. “So we have an ally.” He said to his mafia followers, “Whoever sent this is with us, but the question remains who sent this, and do they work for anyone?”

They pondered about it and then herd the police sirens so they quickly went back into hiding waiting to see what events would unfold.

Back at the police station the Jailor took off his mask and his face was full of anger and disappointment, “We were THIS close to killing him!” The jailor says as he punches the wall, leaving a mark.

“Calm yourself” Slaol says, “I already called Ika and he said he can lend some of his police force to us to aid us in helping hunting down the scums. What we should be more concerned about is who planted that bomb. Godfather seemed to have no clue on what was going on during that time.”

Before the Jailor could reply the doors swung open as Ika and several people in police uniforms entered the office. Sloal glared at Ika for barging in, Ika just looked at him and simply said with a troll face, “Problem?”

Sloal sighed and motioned towards the jailor to greet his new police force. The Jailor took his time to examine each one and asking what they can bring to the table and what they specialize in. After a brief chat with each one of them he took a step back and told them, “Men, we are the police force and we are to find the scums and bring them to justice,” said the Jailor as he went over to thank Ika for the support.

After the Jailor and police force left Ika looked at Slaol and asked if he thinks that the police force is enough to take out all the scums. Slaol took a deep breath and shook his head no, “The Jailor is good and your police forces will be a great help, but the mafia isn’t alone that’s for sure. Those explosions were too good to be planned by the Mafia alone, someone must be helping them but as an outsider. I know this town and that they will do their best to help the police, but I just don’t know if it will be enough.”

“Hey cheer up,” Ika said with a grin, “Don’t forget you have your mail system. The town has that going for them.”

“Yes but the scums can also use it.” Slaol replied looking at the pile of mail that needs to be sent out, “Don’t forget that anyone can forge anyone’s name on there as well.”

Ika looked at the pile of mail and got an idea, “How about this then, you limit them to one mail per a day, all this mail we have right here right now we can burn, and it can be a big bonfire.”

Slaol laughed and agreed that it was a good idea, so they took all the mail that was there and had the entire town gather there to burn it, not knowing that Slaol’s paycheck was also in that pile of mail. Unknowing to them that also gathered in the town square was the scums. But for now everyone was having fun and enjoying the fire. During all the fun Ika quietly took his leave and disappeared.

So the questions remains, can the Town unite and take all the scums out, or will the scums talk over Slaolvania and become an empire for the scums? What will Slaol do without his paycheck? And where the heck did Ika go?

GL HF EVERYONE

Jim
March 27th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I think this might hurt the cause but I came up with the theme for Clem's MFM vote for that one.

Orpz
March 27th, 2013, 03:41 PM
epic opening rp time

“Welcome to Slaolvaina” President Slaol said as the citizens gathered around. “We stand here today to mark the beginning of a new day with the fall of the Great evil of the mafia” He points towards the Godfather who’s face is covered. “Our beloved Jailor is here to publicly execute him and free us from Mafia truant.”

The Jailor comes on the stage wearing a mask ready to kill the Godfather at Slaol’s command. Slaol looks at Jailor and nods.

“Any last words Godfather?” Slaol asks, “No” the Godfather replies

Suddenly, a huge explosion comes from one of the parked cars and everyone panics, unsure what’s going on, in the mist of the panic several mafia members come running in and snatch the Godfather and run out before anyone noticed. Then there was another explosion from coming from the prison grounds not too far away.

“The Prisoners are escaping!” Someone shouted as they started to run out, the police force tried to round them all up but some still escaped into the city and have disguised themselves among the towns’ people. Elsewhere, the Mafia has unmasked their Godfather, asking if he’s alright. He assures his mafia that he is fine and that they will get their revenge. He asked who set up the explosion and they all glance at each other and then hand the Godfather a note.

The note reads as follows:
At the time of your leaders’ execution, be ready to save him…

The Godfather folded up the paper and put it in his pocket. “So we have an ally.” He said to his mafia followers, “Whoever sent this is with us, but the question remains who sent this, and do they work for anyone?”

They pondered about it and then herd the police sirens so they quickly went back into hiding waiting to see what events would unfold.

Back at the police station the Jailor took off his mask and his face was full of anger and disappointment, “We were THIS close to killing him!” The jailor says as he punches the wall, leaving a mark.

“Calm yourself” Slaol says, “I already called Ika and he said he can lend some of his police force to us to aid us in helping hunting down the scums. What we should be more concerned about is who planted that bomb. Godfather seemed to have no clue on what was going on during that time.”

Before the Jailor could reply the doors swung open as Ika and several people in police uniforms entered the office. Sloal glared at Ika for barging in, Ika just looked at him and simply said with a troll face, “Problem?”

Sloal sighed and motioned towards the jailor to greet his new police force. The Jailor took his time to examine each one and asking what they can bring to the table and what they specialize in. After a brief chat with each one of them he took a step back and told them, “Men, we are the police force and we are to find the scums and bring them to justice,” said the Jailor as he went over to thank Ika for the support.

After the Jailor and police force left Ika looked at Slaol and asked if he thinks that the police force is enough to take out all the scums. Slaol took a deep breath and shook his head no, “The Jailor is good and your police forces will be a great help, but the mafia isn’t alone that’s for sure. Those explosions were too good to be planned by the Mafia alone, someone must be helping them but as an outsider. I know this town and that they will do their best to help the police, but I just don’t know if it will be enough.”

“Hey cheer up,” Ika said with a grin, “Don’t forget you have your mail system. The town has that going for them.”

“Yes but the scums can also use it.” Slaol replied looking at the pile of mail that needs to be sent out, “Don’t forget that anyone can forge anyone’s name on there as well.”

Ika looked at the pile of mail and got an idea, “How about this then, you limit them to one mail per a day, all this mail we have right here right now we can burn, and it can be a big bonfire.”

Slaol laughed and agreed that it was a good idea, so they took all the mail that was there and had the entire town gather there to burn it, not knowing that Slaol’s paycheck was also in that pile of mail. Unknowing to them that also gathered in the town square was the scums. But for now everyone was having fun and enjoying the fire. During all the fun Ika quietly took his leave and disappeared.

So the questions remains, can the Town unite and take all the scums out, or will the scums talk over Slaolvania and become an empire for the scums? What will Slaol do without his paycheck? And where the heck did Ika go?

GL HF EVERYONE

TLDR

jk. I like it

BorkBot
March 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Only a few more days to vote, folks!

Blazer
March 29th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Remember I'm trading sex for votes guys.

Chiller
March 30th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Interesting options. I would be interested in playing in either of these setups to be quite honest.

creedkingsx
March 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Interesting options. I would be interested in playing in either of these setups to be quite honest.

Welcome back.

Damus_Graves
March 30th, 2013, 01:43 PM

H-Hey Ol' Buddy

Chiller
March 30th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Welcome back.
Thanks. Glad to be back.

H-Hey Ol' Buddy
Hey. It's been a while.

Gingerape
March 30th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Won't both of these be played anyway since there's only two? Both the last 2 got played as well.

ika
March 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Won't both of these be played anyway since there's only two? Both the last 2 got played as well.

the problem with 2 m-fm going on simataniously is that if someone signs up for both its very time consuming for the player to play both. i would like it if we could do both though

borkbot can we do both? or better solution after the first one we play/setup the second one?

Gingerape
March 30th, 2013, 02:32 PM
not simultaneously. last time it was the pokemon one and then the halo one

Gingerape
March 30th, 2013, 02:33 PM
i mean jester one and then halo

ika
March 30th, 2013, 02:34 PM
ohhhh.... ya i wonder if bork will let us do that...

Bork?

Blazer
March 30th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Well if no one suggests another M-FM after the winner wins, then I would assume the next M-FM would go through ahaha

BorkBot
March 30th, 2013, 03:12 PM
not simultaneously. last time it was the pokemon one and then the halo one
The reason AppleyNO's Halo setup got a free pass was because I had no other submissions that round, not because it came second the poll before that.

The setup that doesn't win can be submitted again for the next poll.

Gerik
March 31st, 2013, 06:16 PM
It appears we lost, so...

/sign

Damus_Graves
March 31st, 2013, 06:17 PM
<3 Slaol

BorkBot
March 31st, 2013, 06:18 PM
Congratulations to Slaol and ika with their setup Cops & Robbers.

Your MFM is now approved

ika
March 31st, 2013, 06:23 PM
Congratulations to Slaol and ika with their setup Cops & Robbers.

Your MFM is now approved

let the epic rp begin

clem i hope you sign as well and i wish you luck next poll