PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else crash often in Mafia?

UsedSprockets
May 6th, 2011, 04:43 PM
My game always seems to crash. I noticed that the game will crash if the host doesn't start the game within 1:30 of everyone joining. Sometimes it will crash 30 seconds in. Other times I will be able to join, and then it will crash midway through the game. My game crashes about 75% of the time. Anybody know how I could possibly fix this? Mafia is so fun when i can actually play it.

Dark.Revenant
May 6th, 2011, 04:45 PM
What are your system specs? Mafia didn't crash for me even when I was running on an older dual-core CPU and an integrated graphics chip.

Metnik
May 9th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I'm more curious about "Desync" and "Dropped" errors I only seem to get in Mafia.

Omgproberush
May 9th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Never had any crashes, nor seen anyone else have any. The only problems seem to be from people with terrible connections, who lag a ton in the beginning or are stuck in "pending" in the lobby.

Elixir
May 10th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I'm more curious about "Desync" and "Dropped" errors I only seem to get in Mafia.

Drops are random however about the Desync issue, if you join a lobby and see a blank space but it looks like a player is pending, with an X in the top right as if you could kick them, leave the lobby and rejoin. That randing pending blank spot means you will 100% desync for some reason. It's a battle.net lobby issue, its not mafia related.

McJesus
May 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM

It's completly a battlenet issue with custom games, ever tried playing nexus wars? Like at least a third of the time someone desyncs which causes other people to leave and mass leaving ensues. I think the computer starts a game of russian roulette when it loads up the a custom battlenet game since a fair amount of mafia games will start with 12 or 13 when you actually go into the lobby with 14 people.

UsedSprockets
May 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Yeah, my computer isn't that bad. I have to run things on low graphics settings, but I mean I can play every other custom game fine, just not Mafia. It has come to the point where if the host doesn't have a save slot, I just quit because he can never finish before it crashes.

And I'm not talking about being dropped or desynched, it actually crashes my game where my game exits out and I get a window saying my game crashed. And to Omgproberush, I have seen other people crash too. Usually when it "lags", and it forces you to wait the full amount of time for the person to reconnect without flickering back and forth, it means that person crashed. Apparently that's what other people say happens when my game crashes.

Dark.Revenant
May 10th, 2011, 08:30 PM
System specs, please.

UsedSprockets
May 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @1.83GHz
Integrated Mobile Intel(R) 965 Graphics Card
3 GB RAM
32-bit OS

Dark.Revenant
May 12th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I'm willing to bet it's your graphics CHIP (that's not a card). I used a slightly better one on my laptop and didn't crash.

I'm also willing to bet that it crashes on my map because of all the UI, most of which appears during the setup portion. Very few maps have as much UI as Mafia.

Seriously, though, you're getting 5 fps on that chip anyway. I can't offer much advice to you except save up for a better computer.

Protoss
May 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM
sometimes i would create a game as host, start the game once there were 14 ppl, and drop right out of the game (i get the desynch message or whatever)

anyone else?

Zane
May 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM
but not only as host :)

Deolrin
May 13th, 2011, 02:45 AM
sometimes i would create a game as host, start the game once there were 14 ppl, and drop right out of the game (i get the desynch message or whatever)

anyone else?

It happened to me a few times when I was alt-tabbed when the game was starting, but never otherwise.