PDA

View Full Version : SS-FM: Benigns vs. Town

Slaol
March 19th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Survivor- has 2 nights of immunity.
Executioner- has full night immunity after his target is lynched and has a target that he knows is Town.
Jester- if lynched he picks 2 people to kill.
Amnesiac- can take a role from a dead player. Will appear to be that role in the grave, but keeps the 'Benign' win condition.

Vigilante- 2 shots, can shoot night 1
Vigilante- 2 shots, can shoot night 1
Doctor- can stop Jester grief
Citizen- voting majority
Citizen- voting majority
Citizen- voting majority

Benign- eliminate town
Town- eliminate benign

Survivor put on Vests, Doctors Heal
Jester kills
Vigilante kills (stopped if Jester killed)
Amnesiacs remember role

Survivor / Executioner with win
Citizen
Executioner without win / Amnesiac
Non-Citizen Town
Jester

No outside communication
Start on day 1 with lynch.
24+ hour days.
24+ hour nights.
Days and nights that end early will start the next day/night early but the following day/night will still end at the original planned time.
[vote] tags will be used.
Lynches are mandatory. Either majority will decide or whoever has the most votes. If there is a tie.. We have tie breakers.
Don't quote PMs. Also no Screen shots and stuff. Modkills and the like.
Questions in green
Answers in white

Gerik
March 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM
It's the SS FM...

Damus_Graves
March 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Benign do not know who each other are?
Please replace a Citizen with Doctor if you don't mind. To be a little more fair and nerf the Jester a bit, allowing Doc to heal Jester grief and Amnesiac taking Vigilante.

ika
March 19th, 2013, 09:24 PM
we are also missing jester greif in OoO

but /presign i am looking foward to this one

Damus_Graves
March 19th, 2013, 09:24 PM
/pre-sign

Slaol
March 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Benign do not know who each other are?
Please replace a Citizen with Doctor if you don't mind. To be a little more fair and nerf the Jester a bit, allowing Doc to heal Jester grief and Amnesiac taking Vigilante.

Benign do not.

Will consider Doctor.

Jester is built to level the playing field, but i guess 2 is enough since no investigative.

Slaol
March 19th, 2013, 09:27 PM
we are also missing jester greif in OoO

but /presign i am looking foward to this one

*checks*
Jester kill = jester grief.

Damus_Graves
March 19th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Benign do not.

Will consider Doctor.

Jester is built to level the playing field, but i guess 2 is enough since no investigative.

Town has a very small majority that can potentially be lost on a mislynch due to Exe and the lynch of a Jester. Even nerfed to two kills as grief'd

This is what happens worst case, town pov.

Day one: Exe pushes lynch on target.
Target flips Vigilante

Night one/Day two:
Amnesiac takes Vigilante
Jester gets mislynched

Night two/Day Three:
Amnesiac shoots someone
Town lost the game

Slaol
March 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Town has a very small majority that can potentially be lost on a mislynch due to Exe and the lynch of a Jester. Even nerfed to two kills as grief'd

I am mostly hoping Benigns will do some mislynches on self. Only Executioner has any kind of information to run on.
Vig = 2
Survivor = 2
Jester = 2

gg

ika
March 19th, 2013, 09:31 PM
*checks*
Jester kill = jester grief.

oh lolz.

vigs shoot first day? if so i think doc would be best

Slaol
March 19th, 2013, 09:34 PM
oh lolz.

vigs shoot first day? if so i think doc would be best

They can, they wont. lol
I am still considering Doc. But mostly am wanting to leave it to the players to just make good on things.

ika
March 19th, 2013, 09:38 PM
They can, they wont. lol
I am still considering Doc. But mostly am wanting to leave it to the players to just make good on things.

pre meta going on there hes gonna give it to non trolls. he knows i will abuse the power of vig XD

Damus_Graves
March 19th, 2013, 09:40 PM
They can, they wont. lol

Have you read my edit? It shines a light on the worst case reality of things, which excludes Vigilante shots being screwed over.

Doctor places a good balance on things to make this setup reasonable because at the present moment I find that Town has a very small chance at success, especially if a Vigilante dies.

Town has to be 100% communicated and agreed in order to properly ascertain success and with the margin of victory being as small as it is now I do not find them succeeding at all as it is very simple to mislead people into making wrong decisions. {EX just look at Terrorist Revenge or Christmas for good examples}

leaving now

Slaol
March 19th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Have you read my edit? It shines a light on the worst case reality of things, which excludes Vigilante shots being screwed over.

Doctor places a good balance on things to make this setup reasonable because at the present moment I find that Town has a very small chance at success, especially if a Vigilante dies.

Town has to be 100% communicated and agreed in order to properly ascertain success and with the margin of victory being as small as it is now I do not find them succeeding at all as it is very simple to mislead people into making wrong decisions. {EX just look at Terrorist Revenge or Christmas for good examples}

leaving now

OK.
D1- lynch executioner, the person he targeted for lynch is confirmed town
N1- shoot amnesiac + Jester
D2- lynch Survivor

I can write up 100% perfect alignments too Damus. lol
Benigns won't know anything outside of Executioner, and they can very easily mess up with no night chat+voting block.
How about I make Executioner confirmed NOT on a Vigilante, so he won't be able to push that lynch knowing it is Vig? I am still considering Doctor, but it is not worth much to list the PERFECT scenario for one faction without considering the other, and Town can win much more quickly than Benigns.

Slaol
March 19th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Citizen with a scalpel and stethoscope added

Damus_Graves
March 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM
The reason you consider the worst possible scenario is to determine the earliest day that town loses majority. That day is the targeted day you belive the game should end at, generally. Scoff and make fun of my logic all you wish but refusing to listen to this simplified explanation is an oversight that will leave the setup wanting.

Slaol
March 20th, 2013, 12:19 AM
The reason you consider the worst possible scenario is to determine the earliest day that town loses majority. That day is the targeted day you belive the game should end at, generally. Scoff and make fun of my logic all you wish but refusing to listen to this simplified explanation is an oversight that will leave the setup wanting.

Actually, a day 3 worst case scenario is fine, frankly. This game isn't intended to be a massive undertaking.
A day 2 blowout for town would be unsatisfying, but you didn't touch that scenario.
I also managed to add your suggestion, but we shall see if it effects anything.

Cryptonic
March 20th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Vigilante- 2 shots, can shoot day 1

Does this mean Vigilantes can dayshoot?

Slaol
March 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Does this mean Vigilantes can dayshoot?

No no no. Night one, but there aren't real nights.

ika
March 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
No no no. Night one, but there aren't real nights.

i would just have it be 12-14 hr night or untill you get all night actions.

can we submit troll actions that will not affect game?

Slaol
March 20th, 2013, 10:34 AM
i would just have it be 12-14 hr night or untill you get all night actions.

can we submit troll actions that will not affect game?

No. No nights, especially not anything other than a 24ish hour one. I would make days 24 hours and do the same nonight, but with 48 and the breaks for lynch/skip it gives people a chance to have a life lol.

BorkBot
April 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Doctor isn't in OoO.

One disadvantage of having no nights is that people can drag out the day, then make last minute moves / coordination because they know X and Y are asleep and won't be able to react before the next day starts. This is mainly a problem for vigilantes and the doctor.

Cryptonic
April 19th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Doctor isn't in OoO.

One disadvantage of having no nights is that people can drag out the day, then make last minute moves / coordination because they know X and Y are asleep and won't be able to react before the next day starts. This is mainly a problem for vigilantes and the doctor.

Yea, nights aren't 24 hours just to give people time in night chats, it's also to make sure that everyone will be online at least once to submit a night action.

Slaol
April 19th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Doctor isn't in OoO.

Fixed.

Mainstreamed.

Tie breakers added.

Cryptonic
April 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM
It's not mainstreamed lol. Nightless games are games with no night actions.

also, what does SS stand for?

Slaol
April 19th, 2013, 10:55 AM
It's not mainstreamed lol. Nightless games are games with no night actions.

also, what does SS stand for?

Super simple :P

BorkBot
April 19th, 2013, 03:54 PM
As far as I'm concerned, SS-FM does not exist.

A small SFM is still just an SFM with less players.

Approved. (because others before you have put their setup approval on hold and we need to get some games going :) )

Titus
April 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Dumb question.

Amnesiac remembers Vigilante. Will Amnesiac always have two shots? Or Will Amnesiac have 1 shot if Vigilante took at least one shot? Could Amnesiac have 0 shots?

Damus_Graves
April 19th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Dumb question.

Amnesiac remembers Vigilante. Will Amnesiac always have two shots? Or Will Amnesiac have 1 shot if Vigilante took at least one shot? Could Amnesiac have 0 shots?
Good Question :p

ika
April 19th, 2013, 06:48 PM
slaol also never answered mine about the exe

if executioners target gets shot doe he become jester?

Slaol
April 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM

2 shots.

if executioners target gets shot doe he become jester?

No. He will not die either. His 'target' is more of information than his goal, since his win condition is simply to defeat Town.

creedkingsx
April 20th, 2013, 01:39 PM
So neutrals have no way of killing past the Jester suicide, am I correct?

Titus
April 21st, 2013, 11:33 PM
Amnesiac can remember Vigilante. However, at start only jester grief can kill.

ika
April 22nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Amnesiac can remember Vigilante. However, at start only jester grief can kill.

vig can misfire at towns. also the bengins dont know each other so they could screw themselfs if they lynch each other

creedkingsx
April 22nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Didn't know vigilante was benign, Ika.

Slaol
April 22nd, 2013, 12:00 PM
Sorry for delay. Stuff happens. Will start tonight. 10 hours from now.

Also, after consideration of creeds question of scum having a kill the lynches will be mandatory, to prevent town from just sitting to victory.

ika
April 22nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Sorry for delay. Stuff happens. Will start tonight. 10 hours from now.

Also, after consideration of creeds question of scum having a kill the lynches will be mandatory, to prevent town from just sitting to victory.

so now its just a majority lynch?

i mean 51% is auto but if none reach 51% you will lynch one with most votes? also what is even of tie vote?