PDA

View Full Version : Rev at Blizzcon?

Dark.Revenant
August 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM
I have a ticket but I still can't easily go. See latest posts.

Spy
August 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM
DR is asking us to sponsor him to go to Blizzcon.

Dark.Revenant
August 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM
I'm merely stating a fact, not asking for more money. I have my hands full with college expenses and auto costs so blizzcon is a no-go for me. Meet the SCU team there or something, since during that time I'll probably just be getting laid in a hotel bed writing code for the next game, alone in the dark.

My parents are paying for a shitload of stuff but overall I have about $1,150 of costs this semester. Any money I make can take up to 2-4 weeks to be usable by the bank. Due to a variety of factors, I only have about $550 in the bank and about $300 in paypal/amazon waiting for the 3/2 week buyer protection periods to run out.

Unless I suddenly am able to sell my old computer, I'll have a hard time making enough for even the college costs. If I sell the computer, maybe if I know someone who wants to sell a spare ticket I'll be able to go, but that chance is slim.

FalseTruth
August 21st, 2011, 06:11 PM
BRING HER TO YOUR DORM U IDIOT. THIS IS WHY YOU WILL NEVER GET LAID.

McJesus
August 21st, 2011, 06:41 PM
that sucks man...

Dark.Revenant
August 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM

No dorm, bro.

Elixir
August 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Title is misleading.

CaressMeTenderly
August 21st, 2011, 08:20 PM

No dorm, bro.

THIS IS WHY YOU WILL NEVER GET LAID. orfindsweettrulove~~~~~~~~~~

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 22nd, 2011, 03:39 AM
Rev will host a contest where the lucky winner will be able to pay for Rev to come with them to Blizzcon as well as pay for the ticket, meals, hotel, and transportation.

oops_ur_dead
August 22nd, 2011, 05:58 AM
I KNOW.
LETS HOLD COMCON.

Narks
August 22nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
lets invite darkshogun

NorthStar
August 22nd, 2011, 08:58 AM

WHAT IF HIS DORM MATE IS A GIRL. =D

Dark.Revenant
September 11th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I managed to find a ticket on the side of the road. I left $185 there on accident. I won't get the useless grab bag of goodies with it, but for 2/3 of Act I in D3 it's not really worth the extra $50 I would need.

Anyway, I'll be there.

Dark.Revenant
September 11th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Lol now my parents are pissed. Not because I bought the ticket, but because they don't want me to drive that far (90 miles). lolololol

CaressMeTenderly
September 11th, 2011, 10:27 PM
lol.
be like "FUCK U I AM 18."
I'm going all the way to the east coast for college hopefully, fuck that shit, no control over me. And if they don't want to pay that's fine with me, I can handle a debt.

Dark.Revenant
September 11th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I'm actually 19, which is even worse.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 12th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Have they tried to kick you out yet? Whenever I ask Boots about you, he always says you're complaining about them in some form or manner.

CaressMeTenderly
September 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM
mabbye
i
fu
wenre
tareba

Dark.Revenant
September 14th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I don't have the means to go to Blizzcon anymore. I can't carpool, get a motel there, bike/walk there, fly there, teleport there, or drive there more than once. I can get there for exactly one of the days for a period of about 10 hours, then not return (i.e. losing approximately 2/3 of convention time).

I can't even sell the ticket because I don't even have it; it's just an in-person hand-off of the entrance badge.

I have plenty of time to get there, but no means. I won't be going to Blizzcon, and I'm $185 poorer to boot.

Yayap
September 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Any possibility of sleeping in your car?
Or do you not own your own car?

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I believe he just recently purchased one. I'll ask him personally.

Capitalier
September 14th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I don't have the means to go to Blizzcon anymore. I can't carpool, get a motel there, bike/walk there, fly there, teleport there, or drive there more than once. I can get there for exactly one of the days for a period of about 10 hours, then not return (i.e. losing approximately 2/3 of convention time).

I can't even sell the ticket because I don't even have it; it's just an in-person hand-off of the entrance badge.

I have plenty of time to get there, but no means. I won't be going to Blizzcon, and I'm $185 poorer to boot.

lol

ccog2
September 14th, 2011, 07:59 PM
insane

Imperfect
September 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Impulse buying is not a good habit to form.

Dark.Revenant
September 14th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I had a way to get there at first, but that was taken away.

Muso
September 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM
You guys don't have busses or trains over there?

Dark.Revenant
September 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Via bus, it's a whopping 8-13 hour trip.

Imperfect
September 14th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Public transportation in Southern California is awful. It's hard getting anywhere with the bus system and trains are only useful for traveling long distances. Taxis are very expensive. You need a car to get around here well.

Muso
September 14th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Oh damn, 8hrs that's horrible!

Dark.Revenant
September 14th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I can probably drive with my mom to Anaheim and convince them to let me spend even moar money on a two-night motel stay so I can go to the convention in full on both days. The motel costs roughly $130 for the two nights.

In order of preference:

Me driving up there twice: ~$245 total (ticket+gas), 24 hours of convention
Me driving/being driven up there once and staying two nights in a motel: ~$335 total (ticket+gas+motel), 24 hours of convention, plus perhaps money from people rooming with me
Me driving/being driven up there once: ~$205 total (ticket+gas), 8 hours of convention

Option 1: $10 per hour
Option 2: $14 per hour
Option 3: $25.5 per hour (lolwut)

GUESS WHICH ONE MY MOM WAS TRYING TO FORCE ME TO DO.

chocopaw
September 15th, 2011, 02:59 AM
http://hitchwiki.org/

Do it, DR.

Dark.Revenant
September 15th, 2011, 08:52 AM
lolololol no. Hitchhiking in urban California is VERY dangerous. I'm not shitting you, it's really bad.

Plus, I'd still run into the same problem of my mom being overprotective. If she's too afraid of me driving 90 miles, she won't be fine with fucking hitchhiking 90 miles.

No exit
September 15th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I guess that sort of eliminates biking as well.

TheJackofSpades
September 15th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Inform your mother that you are a grown man, and that if you are not allowed to go out and take road trips you'll probably end up living with her as a no-good bum for the rest of your life. Explain to her that it is very important that you are allowed to experience the outside world beyond a 20-30 minute drive because it will motivate you to aspire to a position that will allow you to explore more of it in the future.

Come on man, you gotta learn to spin some good arguments or you'll be under your mother's wing for the rest of your life.

Spy
September 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I lived in Germany alone for 2 months when I was 16... what's wrong with your mother...

Dark.Revenant
September 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I lived more-or-less alone for 8 months and she was fine. Now she won't even let me drive to college.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
You can't even drive to COLLEGE?? Wasn't that like
the point of you buying it? you saved like three hours driving to the campus

EagleMan
September 15th, 2011, 12:44 PM
rev let's hang out and have socal fun

ccog2
September 15th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I can probably drive with my mom to Anaheim and convince them to let me spend even moar money on a two-night motel stay so I can go to the convention in full on both days. The motel costs roughly $130 for the two nights.

In order of preference:

Me driving up there twice: ~$245 total (ticket+gas), 24 hours of convention
Me driving/being driven up there once and staying two nights in a motel: ~$335 total (ticket+gas+motel), 24 hours of convention, plus perhaps money from people rooming with me
Me driving/being driven up there once: ~$205 total (ticket+gas), 8 hours of convention

Option 1: $10 per hour
Option 2: $14 per hour
Option 3: $25.5 per hour (lolwut)

GUESS WHICH ONE MY MOM WAS TRYING TO FORCE ME TO DO.
DR, you are so cheap. Which is cute and a turn-off at the same time. We still love you!

Shut up faggot.

Capitalier
September 15th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Inform your mother that you are a grown man, and that if you are not allowed to go out and take road trips you'll probably end up living with her as a no-good bum for the rest of your life. Explain to her that it is very important that you are allowed to experience the outside world beyond a 20-30 minute drive because it will motivate you to aspire to a position that will allow you to explore more of it in the future.

Come on man, you gotta learn to spin some good arguments or you'll be under your mother's wing for the rest of your life.

>implying grown men go to videogame conventions to hang out with manchildren

ccog flaming people that can get him banned by flashing their money at rev

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
ccog flaming people that can get him banned by flashing their money at rev

Dark.Revenant
September 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Well, now this fuckery managed to get my parents arguing, recontemplating their marriage. Basically, dad's side == neutral, mom's side == against me, mom is pissed at dad for not being on her side.

So, uh, who wants the blizzcon ticket? I don't require payment in advance.

AscendedOne
September 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Put it up in the "Auction House"? Isn't that the reason you made that section of the forums?

Dark.Revenant
September 15th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Final update: Going friday, not saturday.

If you want to go to Blizzcon on the cheap, I'll give you the badge on friday night at the Anaheim Convention Center. I'll go as low as $50, minus whatever you happen to have donated (a $30 donor would pay $20).

The transaction would be done on location in cash. Email or PM me if you want to do this.

Spy
September 16th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Final update: Going friday, not saturday.

If you want to go to Blizzcon on the cheap, I'll give you the badge on friday night at the Anaheim Convention Center. I'll go as low as $50, minus whatever you happen to have donated (a $30 donor would pay $20).

The transaction would be done on location in cash. Email or PM me if you want to do this.
What exactly is the point of going to Blizzcon, if you won't be there...

Dark.Revenant
September 16th, 2011, 05:16 AM
I can't sell it on ebay.

NorthStar
September 27th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Update: Rev NOT at Blizzcon?

EagleMan
September 27th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Update: Rev NOT at Blizzcon?

You mean
Answer: No

Dark.Revenant
September 27th, 2011, 05:39 PM
As I said, I'm going on Friday, but my useless parents won't give me the grace of allowing me to stay for Saturday.

... unless someone in San Diego can carpool with me.

EagleMan
September 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
But Anaheim is like an hour away. And San Diego like an hour and a half.

Should I call up the Starcraft people at my school and ask them if they know about Mafia, and see if any of them live in San Diego?
I'll tell them I'm a Diamond/Masters and get their hopes up that I'm joining their league.

Dark.Revenant
September 28th, 2011, 05:22 AM
It only works on people who are going to BlizzCon themselves...

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM

Should I call up the Starcraft people at my school and ask them if they know about Mafia, and see if any of them live in San Diego?
I'll tell them I'm a Diamond/Masters and get their hopes up that I'm joining their league.

yes i will go

Are you friends with Rev yet? derp

I thought you lived in TN, Eagle.

Towelie The Wise
September 28th, 2011, 02:52 PM
As I said, I'm going on Friday, but my useless parents won't give me the grace of allowing me to stay for Saturday.

You should just get new parents. I can help you. I have a knack for making people "disappear".

NorthStar
September 28th, 2011, 04:00 PM

You should just get new parents. I can help you. I have a knack for making people "disappear".

FFS you're not funny.

EagleMan
September 28th, 2011, 06:22 PM

yes i will go

I'm in Southern California. Always have been.

Blazer
September 28th, 2011, 10:32 PM
No way dude. Your 18? :O thats cool. what university you at? or at least, what state is it in??

Dark.Revenant
September 28th, 2011, 11:11 PM

I turned 19 in August

Blazer
September 29th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Thats cool. A successful 19 yr old who made mafia and lives in Califonia!!! yeah sorry, read the first page and forgot about the rest. just little bit tired from studying for my exam in 8 hrs.

EagleMan
September 29th, 2011, 11:52 AM
You seem overly excited.

(No one's said that to me about Azeroth Wars, wahhhhh)

Blazer
September 29th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Meh i just think its cool to have 19 year old in charge of all of this. Kudos to him.

And are you a 19 yr who made a game?? CONGRATS to you too!!! :P

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM

yes i will go

I'm in Southern California. Always have been.

then who is the one that said something about the new law passed in TN where you get LOLARRESTEDLOL for posting anything offensive on the INTERNETS.

You seem overly excited.

(No one's said that to me about Azeroth Wars, wahhhhh)

you're amazing~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!! eagle-chan~

EagleMan
September 30th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I remember that law but where did you read it? I may have posted about it elsewhere, but it's not like I need exclusively focus on California news.

Also Rev wut radio stations u listen to?