Worker
Worker
Professional Worker

Worker (Insane / Different)

The Boss
Assistant (of a random deparment)

Roles :

Worker
- All you can do is to vote or be promoted.
- When promoted, the Worker receives a random PR Role!

Lawyer (Doctor)
- Target one each night to prevent them from being fired.

Lost N' Found (Item-smith)
- Target one each night to give them a selected item. (Gun, Taser, Vest)
- One cannot use both a night action and items.

Vigilante
- Pick a target at night to brutally kill them!
- Successfully killing the wrong target causes the Vigilante to become fired. (Cannot be defended)

Workplace Inspector (Investigator)
- Target one each night to see visitors of the target.

Journalist
- Target one at day to have them write an article at night that will be revealed the following day.
- The article will be made regardless of kills or roleblocks.

Judge (Sheriff)
- Target one each day to judge how good or evil they are!

Prosecutor (Bodyguard)
- Target one each night, if the target dies the Prosecutor will sue the killer and both dissapears.

Diplomat (Mayor)
- Reveal yourself at day, confirming the role and the votes count as 3!

Elevator Butler (Jailor)
- Pick a victim at day. The victim will become trapped and perfectly roleblocked at night.
- You have a night chat with the victim to interrogate, may brutally kill him!

Employee Inspector
- Target one at night to promote them! Target learns of the inspector's identity.

Professional Worker
- Immune : Cannot be fired at night once the living majority of the game are PR.

Jester
- Get yourself fired at day (lynch).

Executioner
- Get your target fired at day (lynch).
- Immune from being fired at night, quits the work if target is fired / killed at night.

Amnesiac
- Become the role of someone who has become killed or fired!
- Cannot be roleblocked when he attempts to become a role.

Survivor
- The Survivor has the ability to defend himself perfectly from kills and being fired!
- Two charges.

Witch
- Force a target at night to use a night action on a selected target.
- Can target self and cause self targets.

Joker
- Pick a victim at night to announce a bounty on them.
- If they are not fired or killed in 2 days then Joker may kill 2 people.
- Immune from being fired at night.

Arsonist
- Target one at night to douse them.
- Instead of dousing, may burn all previously doused.

Electromaniac
- Target one at night to charge them.
- If one charged visits another charged, both will get killed.

The Boss
- Target one each night to fire them.

Assistant of Maid Department (Janitor)
- Shares the Night Chat with The Boss.
- Target one each night to clean their role if the target becomes killed.
- Two charges.

Assistant of Inspector Deparment (Consigliere)
- Shares the Night Chat with The Boss
- Target one each night to learn their Exact Role.
- Neutral will be seen as "Worker".

Assistant of Legal Department (Framer)
- Target one each night to frame them.

Assistant of Waste Collection Department (Gunsmith)
- Target one each night to give them a gun!

Assistant of Employee Department
- Target one each night to promote them, revealing your identity.

Order of Operations :

- Jail (Trap in elevator)
- Witching
- Douse
- Roleblock someone
- Charge
- Give random item
- Defending self from being fired or killed
- Kill / burn someone brutally
- Fire someone from work
- Defend someone from being fired
- Everything else

Mechanics & Rules :

Lynching
- Lynching someone will not end the day early, the chat may continue.
- Majority of the votes will hammer them, unvotes will not be counted at this point.
- The one with most votes (With no hammers) will become lynched. (Minimal 3/2 votes depending on player count)

Promoting
- One random worker will become promoted each day.
- If there is a Neutral Killer, two will become promoted at Day 3.
- Promotion will cause a Worker to become a Power Role.
- Assistant will be promoted to The Boss if The Boss are removed.

Quotes, Last Will & Death Notes
- You may not quote anything from the PM's made by me.
- There will be no Last Will in this game.
- The Boss may leave a Death Note on the fired victim, no permission to name anyone in it.

The Game & Misc
- You cannot discuss or hint the game outside of the thread. (Skype, Rep, PM, etc)
- Everyone must have made at least three posts to not become replaced or modkilled by inactivity.
- If there is a reason to become inactive, PM me and I may give exceptions and support.
- Once someone is fired/killed or lynched they cannot talk at all once it is made official at day / night.
- There won't be two of the same Power Role.
- Lost N' Found : The Gun kills, the Taser roleblocks, the Vest prevents kills & being fired.

ika
March 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
so goal is to lynch boss?

Can boss take no action?

If item given is random how will it be chosen?

is lawyer/target infromed of sucseful block of being fired?

boss have no night immune or free vest?

how do you decide the "random PR"

Titus
March 14th, 2013, 01:29 PM
/sign

RLVG
March 14th, 2013, 02:05 PM
so goal is to lynch boss?
Lynch the boss at day, or have the Vigilante / person with a gun personally kill the Boss at night.

Can boss take no action?
The Boss has two options : Do both night actions, or do no night actions.
I think I should make the second option limited (no night actions).

If item given is random how will it be chosen?
how do you decide the "random PR"
Random Generator.

is lawyer/target infromed of sucseful block of being fired?
The Lawyer is informed of a successfull prevention, the target will remain clueless.

boss have no night immune or free vest?
The Boss is not night immune and would not start with a vest. It's already enough of a tradeoff that the Boss knows who PR is (not what role they are).

I have answered these questions.

Slaol
March 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM
+10 this

Might could use a sidekick for boss. Seems worker favored

Cryptonic
March 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
+10 this

it really does
also, with the 3 day waiting to kill, seems pretty difficult D:
by the time it comes for him to fire someone he promoted, there won't be anybody left to promote lol.

Gerik
March 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Looks interesting. I'd say make it so they can be fired every other night. So n1 fire A, promote B. n2 Fire C, promote D. n3 fire B promote E. That gives each PR a minimum of 1 night of using their role, and ensures a minimum of 2 PRs after the first 2 nights. It also allows for one pr to be a lawyer and potentially save the other one, forcing the boss to take that into consideration before firing someone he has promoted.

I also think the professional being immune to firing is kind of OP.

RLVG
March 14th, 2013, 02:46 PM
it really does

How should I do the "sidekick"?
The town starts out critically weak as they have no PR except of one that does not contribute at finding the Boss.

Student that has pre-targeted The Boss?
Neutral Jester / Executioner to make everyone scared?
Immune Electromaniac / Arsonist?

Feel free to suggest.

also, with the 3 day waiting to kill, seems pretty difficult D:
by the time it comes for him to fire someone he promoted, there won't be anybody left to promote lol.

That's what this is for :
- If living majority of players are promoted, The Boss may be able to fire someone without promoting.

I'd say make it so they can be fired every other night. So n1 fire A, promote B. n2 Fire C, promote D. n3 fire B promote E. That gives each PR a minimum of 1 night of using their role, and ensures a minimum of 2 PRs after the first 2 nights. It also allows for one pr to be a lawyer and potentially save the other one, forcing the boss to take that into consideration before firing someone he has promoted.

That would be a little more difficult with the mass amount of Workers that has no actual defense. However it is a good idea so I'll think about changing to one night instead.

I also think the professional being immune to firing is kind of OP.
The problem is that the Professional has no actual clue other then being immune. If one claims Professional early on, Boss won't target him. He's still vulnerable to getting killed by a Gun / Vigilante.

If you disagree, feel free to come around with a workaround.
A possible thing would be limited charges to use an ability that prevents being fired.

Gerik
March 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Hmm... I missed the "living majority" thing. Perhaps the Professional gains immunity after that point? Then it won't be useless just because it can no longer roleblock the boss.

RLVG
March 14th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hmm... I missed the "living majority" thing. Perhaps the Professional gains immunity after that point? Then it won't be useless just because it can no longer roleblock the boss.

That's a good point. Changed.

"Professional Worker
- Immune : Cannot be fired at night once the living majority of the game are PR."

Edit :
With this, he's vulnerable at the start when it comes to being fired. Should I start with 2 PW's a small change on the RB mechanic?

Slaol
March 14th, 2013, 03:15 PM
The sidekick could just be a preset student, or perhaps just a mafioso type that can can only fire, but can not fire promoted workers or something. So he can't kill all types of roles once the Boss has been eliminated.

Gerik
March 14th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Edit :
With this, he's vulnerable at the start when it comes to being fired. Should I start with 2 PW's a small change on the RB mechanic?

Personally, I think it's fine if he's vulnerable. The only way boss will know who it is for sure is if he promotes him, but then he'll be roleblocked and lose his kill for the night, and if the professional claims the next day, he might be targeted by a lawyer. So the boss has to try to find him and fire him before too many nights have passed, or hope he gets lynched.

ika
March 14th, 2013, 03:33 PM
That's a good point. Changed.

"Professional Worker
- Immune : Cannot be fired at night once the living majority of the game are PR."

Edit :

how about this. if he gets fired PW n1, random a new PW? only for night 1 and possibly n2
and this could also work for you
n1: fire and promote, n2: fire, n3: promote, and so on and so forth

Slaol
March 14th, 2013, 03:34 PM
how about this. if he gets fired PW n1, random a new PW? only for night 1 and possibly n2
and this could also work for you
n1: fire and promote, n2: fire, n3: promote, and so on and so forth

Safety nets suck. Let the game happen as it happens.

Although, if he kills the PW them he must have promoted another. So they have guaranteed power role of some kind

RLVG
March 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Replaced a Worker with an Assistant.

ika
March 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
instead of lynching it could be fire them?

like an imaginary corpate person (ie you) fires during day makes it more realistic

Cryptonic
March 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Just curious, does the Professional Worker also have a Power, or is he a Citizen that can't be fired and roleblocked Boss when targeted?

RLVG
March 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
instead of lynching it could be fire them?

like an imaginary corpate person (ie you) fires during day makes it more realistic

"Lynching" is the formal word, but it will be seen as being fired. It's called Workplace for a reason. :cheesy:

Just curious, does the Professional Worker also have a Power, or is he a Citizen that can't be fired and roleblocked Boss when targeted?

Professional is defined as a "Power Role" and can't be promoted to another PR.
For referrence there is no duplicate roles.

With the change of Professional and the addition of an Assistant, should I change the following mechanic?
- A freshly promoted target cannot be fired by The Boss for the next three days.
- If living majority of players are promoted, The Boss may be able to fire someone without promoting.

ika
March 15th, 2013, 05:33 PM
With the change of Professional and the addition of an Assistant, should I change the following mechanic?
- A freshly promoted target cannot be fired by The Boss for the next three days.

lower the firing to at least 2 days
i do like lving majoirty like that i would keep as is. but if pr drop he must promote again.

idea:
if he does a single pormote and no fire he can fire 2 ppl the next day
would limit the no action (2 times?)
only single fire w/o promte if pr have majoirty (like you have it now)

Cryptonic
March 15th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I think that he shouldn't be able to fire them the following night, allowing them to use their night action once before being a target.
Also, this gives the Workers a good idea about who the Boss will target, but there might not be anybody to protect him.

I think the second clause should remain.

RLVG
March 16th, 2013, 04:48 AM
lower the firing to at least 2 days
i do like lving majoirty like that i would keep as is. but if pr drop he must promote again.

I think that he shouldn't be able to fire them the following night, allowing them to use their night action once before being a target.
Also, this gives the Workers a good idea about who the Boss will target, but there might not be anybody to protect him.

Changing it to 2 days.
Night (Promote), Day (1 days), Night (Night Action), Day (2 days), Night (Fire) = Ability to use night action at least once.

CmG
March 16th, 2013, 05:39 AM
So how do you determine what the guy becomes when he gets promoted?

Did u try to play this game in your head virtually? Promote lurker non contributors and kill the people who are good at scum hunting and never promote them. Sounds like an awkward game to me. Especially town has no possibility to heal from start.

You might consider giving the town the chance to actually decide which power role they will get via voting at day. So they have at least something to decide at day 1. This should help the activity a lot.

Is this anon? It better is. Otherwise the good players will be killed as 1. while the better players which outlive the others are probably scum.

I really think you should add a neutral role into this. To balance things out. Some benign neutral just make it hidden. Jester, Executioner, Amnesiac or another role. There are plenty of choices.

RLVG
March 16th, 2013, 06:08 AM
So how do you determine what the guy becomes when he gets promoted?
Random generator.

You might consider giving the town the chance to actually decide which power role they will get via voting at day. So they have at least something to decide at day 1. This should help the activity a lot.
Perhaps but consider this :
The Boss will know the exact roles of the players he promote, removing them once he has the chance. If the roles are random, The Boss wouldn't know and may decide to keep the role around to benefit himself or his Assistant in some way.

Is this anon? It better is. Otherwise the good players will be killed as 1. while the better players which outlive the others are probably scum.

I have no experience with Anon, but if it's possible then I could do the game with it.

Promote lurker non contributors and kill the people who are good at scum hunting and never promote them. Especially town has no possibility to heal from start.
That is something I do not like, which encourages your suggestion about Anon.

I really think you should add a neutral role into this. To balance things out. Some benign neutral just make it hidden. Jester, Executioner, Amnesiac or another role. There are plenty of choices.
How about a hidden neutral under these roles? Jester, Executioner, Amnesiac, Survivor, Witch, Joker, Arsonist, Electromaniac

I have answered.

CmG
March 16th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Apparently i don't think the boss has many choices who he can kill. Basicly he will kill workers until the first power role gets killable. Then he has to decide. Is this guy gonna get healed or not? So what is he gonna do? This situation is kind of bad for mafia and a bit contra productive. This point probably will make or break your game. If they don't get lynched way earlier.

I think a better way to play this would be. Giving the boss only the possibility to kill and his second guy is a consigliere. While you as host just random the promotions.

There wont be any dilemma for the scum like this.

RLVG
March 16th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Apparently i don't think the boss has many choices who he can kill. Basicly he will kill workers until the first power role gets killable. Then he has to decide. Is this guy gonna get healed or not? So what is he gonna do? This situation is kind of bad for mafia and a bit contra productive. This point probably will make or break your game. If they don't get lynched way earlier.

I think a better way to play this would be. Giving the boss only the possibility to kill and his second guy is a consigliere. While you as host just random the promotions.

There wont be any dilemma for the scum like this.

How about these changes? :
- Assistant becomes a Random: Framer / Consigliere.
- Boss can only fire.
- Random generator who will become promoted, random generator to decide what they will become.
- I'll add Sheriff and Jailor, remove the duplicate role rule.

With the above, a Neutral Random would be perfect.

CmG
March 16th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Sure why not. Sounds good to me. It's your game in the end i just try to give you some other possibilites which i think would enhance your setup.

Cryptonic
March 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
You could always keep it the same, give him no restrictions on kills, and wifom that the professional worker is a lawyer.

Or you can do it via random generator. I agree with CmG that the Boss is really limited on who he can kill and it will be fairly easy to counter any good moves he has. Basically, he'll have to just keep killing Citizens because PRs will be protected; then, after everyone gets promoted, the Boss and Assistant will be fairly obvious targets.

RLVG
March 17th, 2013, 05:36 AM
I changed the whole game and added a bunch of roles.

Judge (Sheriff)
Procecutor (Bodyguard)
Diplomat (Mayor)
Elevator Butler (Jailor)
Employee Inspector (One guy that promotes others at cost of their identity)

Assistant :
Maid (Janitor)
Legal (Framer)
Waste Collection (Gunsmith)
Employee (One guy that promotes others at cost of their identity)

Jester, Executioner, Survivor, Amnesiac, Witch, Joker, Arsonist, Electromaniac.