PDA

View Full Version : Disguiser now disguises even if target was attacked before he got there

Zack
August 21st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Haven't been disguiser in a long while, and last time I got it I was surprised to find out that my disguise went through, even though I only hit the same target as the GF just in case the target is healed. But then my "dead body" was shown as being attacked twice when there was no SK.

This kind screwed things for the mafia that game, as I disguised prematurely and without being able to say thanks doc for the heal.

Change it back? Or make it an option, please.

philie
August 21st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Maybe a slight nerf as a compensation for letting him kill people when alone

AscendedOne
August 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM
Zack thats been in there for an extremely long time, maybe even since the release of the disguiser.

Dark.Revenant
August 21st, 2011, 12:32 PM
No, the target was healed. That's the only way that you were able to disguise. Everything you said seems to be working as intended.

Zack
August 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM
So its possible he was attacked by a third person that night? Should have watched the replay I guess.

Sirrush
August 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
You seem to be under the misunderstanding that if a person is attacked twice and healed once, he will appear to have been only attacked once on the Death Description message.

That is incorrect.

Zack
August 22nd, 2011, 01:35 AM
What? Then that beats the whole point of disguiser as a randomed role. The mafia have noway to mask having a disguiser if they make the best use of him by killing a healed target...

travistyk
August 26th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Disguiser along with Godfather or Mafioso is the strongest Mafia role. Imagine this: One of Sheriff/Investigator/Mayor comes out and is really causing problems for the Mafia. Doctor knows to heal them and Mafia can't kill them. Enter Disguiser. Godfather/Mafioso attack the target, Disguiser also attacks the target. Doctor heals the GF/Mafioso attack but Disguiser attack goes through. Not only is the target dead, but Disguiser assumed their role and have a doctor thinking that the person still the old role. Talk about a power play.

EagleMan
August 26th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Presumably, the doctor knows he healed his target, but then will see someone ELSE as having been attacked twice, in a game without SK, which would tip off the Doctor to a Disguiser.

Zack
August 26th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Yep, thats right. So mafia kill the proven town role, but doctor knows his target was attacked once. Doctor then sees someone dead attacked twice, or even 3 times if there's SK or a separate SK kill, and its an instant giveaway that a disguiser just became the target the doc healed last night = instalynch.

travistyk
August 26th, 2011, 12:28 PM
There's Vigilantes to worry about, especially in games with witches (mine have them half the time). Can't just immediately assume disguiser when there's certainly other possibilities.

Zack
August 26th, 2011, 12:41 PM
If I am doc in this situation I will pickup on it, and any smart player would.

So, 2 vigis, one shooting the same target the mafia shot, the other shooting the person the doctor healed even though it makes no sense that a vigi would shoot a proven town role unless by witch control. Its a too unlikely situation, in most cases the doctor will peg the "healed" person as a disguiser without a shadow of a doubt. The doctor sees 3 attacks where there should have been only 1, he knows his target was attacked plus a dead person was attacked twice. Only a complete fool would not pickup on this.

Now, if the "dead disguiser" is shown as attacked once, THEN the doc can assume vigi or can say disguiser but he can't really tell if the disguiser hit the person he healed or someone else entirely.