PDA

View Full Version : Some players make nazi propagandia (or trolling)

MobiZ
March 6th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hi.

I really don't know if it is trolling or real neonazis players, but i have more and more players with nazis signs, "sieg heil" on chat, "burn jews" and other bad words in the game.

What is admins rules with these players.

In my country, we can have penal conviction if we make that : France, Loi Gayssot no 90-615 du 13 juillet 1990, « tendant à réprimer tout acte raciste, antisémite ou xénophobe »

1- Can I report these players for it, or you don't care ?

2- One of them said "i'm friends with admins and they don't care about that ", is it possible?

I ask it because these players offense are really shocking, it's not just trolling.

It's the only game where i can see that, and I really ask myself why i can see nazis signs in this game.

What do you think about this serious problem?

ika
March 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Hi.

I really don't know if it is trolling or real neonazis players, but i have more and more players with nazis signs, "sieg heil" on chat, "burn jews" and other bad words in the game.

In my country, we can have penal conviction if we make that : France, Loi Gayssot no 90-615 du 13 juillet 1990, « tendant à réprimer tout acte raciste, antisémite ou xénophobe »

2- One of them said "i'm friends with admins and they don't care about that ", is it possible?

I ask it because these players offense are really shocking, it's not just trolling.

It's the only game where i can see that, and I really ask myself why i can see nazis signs in this game.

its people being people. for the sc2 fourm they have no power. its a blizzard problem and you have to report to blizzard if it is such a problem for you

Raptorblaze
March 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Hi.

mm Blizzard might actually take it more seriously if it's a violation of the law in your country. Our standing policy is that we do not punish for this type of activity. Our punishments are solely for gamebreaking offenses such as throwing the game, griefing, hacking etc. Please contact blizzard with complaints about the conduct of individual players. It's not that we don't care, it's just that we define a very specific place where our responsibility ends and Blizzard's begins. That said if someone said that they were friends with the admins and wouldn't be punished while I was in a game with them I'd probably laugh at them and then kick them. Maybe we should party up and play together in the future haha.

MobiZ
March 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I understand when you said that punishment are only for gamethrowing, hacking.

But I disagree with
its a blizzard problem and you have to report to blizzard if it is such a problem for you

It's not a problem for me, it's a problem for everybody. We don't talk only about my complain, we talk about acceptable or unacceptable speech rules, actually in this game. In general life, it doesn't make me wonder, because laws forbid it.

ika
March 6th, 2013, 09:17 AM
I understand when you said that punishment are only for gamethrowing, hacking.

But I disagree with

It's not a problem for me, it's a problem for everybody. We don't talk only about my complain, we talk about acceptable or unacceptable speech rules, actually in this game. In general life, it doesn't make me wonder, because laws forbid it.

well im just gonna say this and then tell you you can talk to rap/adress dr/ someone of higher authority becasue im no authority figure here but ive played enough games to the point where ive seen dumb crap like this over and over. The fact that its against your law is the problem. its out of the mods hands to do anything exactly due to the nature of it. but if you report it to blizzard and you say ti against the law they can take matters into their own hands. for you see if i were to play a game with you in your country from where i am, your country cant exactly do anything due to the fact im out of your counrty. however blizzard can.

Really all i can give here is that its blizzards problem, rap gave a good explmation on what you should do i would talk to him aobut it. im merly a player of this game whos played a lot so i knwo quite a bit but rap knows the working much better

Lazers
March 6th, 2013, 12:52 PM
because laws forbid it.

You live in Germany?

EDIT: Oh, France

To Blizzard; I've heard of punishments being handed out for severe harassment but I do not know about trolling. Maybe on the European servers. Mafia admins don't give a fuck, though.

Yes. oops_ur_dead (who essentially has a final say in moderation and the forum, but never uses his powers except to keep the forum running) and other mods have many questionable friends (although that has no impact on punishment)

Honestly, though, that's how they get their shits and giggles. Reporting them would be dickish, and normal people do occasionally joke about jews, nazis, and the holocaust (at least in America)

Ash
March 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Trolling is not a crime to Sc2Mafia. Plus, think of it this way: These "nazi" trolls are not just on Sc2 Mafia, they are on other custom games. If you actually report them to Blizzard, then they won't do it on other custom games.

Or you can just simply ignore their stupidity.

Raptorblaze
March 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Trolling is not a crime to Sc2Mafia. Plus, think of it this way: These "nazi" trolls are not just on Sc2 Mafia, they are on other custom games. If you actually report them to Blizzard, then they won't do it on other custom games.

Or you can just simply ignore their stupidity.

See thats an extension of my point. Gamebreaking offenses like in mafia don't occur (or are extremely limited in scope) in 90% of other customs because they implement ways of preventing it. In Sc2Mafia we have to trust the players to abide by the rules or the whole game can be ruined. Thus we have a system for dealing out punishments for gamebreaking violators. Besides, trolling is a strategy in sc2mafia. Now if someone is actively hunting you down to kill you every game and ignoring their role's goals to do it... THAT is punishable.

Doctective
March 6th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Why has nobody mentioned the fact that when you are given the option to be executed two of the many key words that will trigger the gas chamber are "jew" and "nazi" ...?

ika
March 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Why has nobody mentioned the fact that when you are given the option to be executed two of the many key words that will trigger the gas chamber are "jew" and "nazi" ...?

that has been eliminated as far as my knowlage goes you need to request gas directly but ppl put gassed like a jew to make it like that

Raptorblaze
March 6th, 2013, 04:42 PM

Yeah, that was removed because it offended people.

creedkingsx
March 6th, 2013, 04:47 PM

As they stated, removed.
A looooong time ago.

MobiZ
March 6th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Yes. oops_ur_dead (who essentially has a final say in moderation and the forum, but never uses his powers except to keep the forum running) and other mods have many questionable friends (although that has no impact on punishment)

You answered to my question.

So, some sc2.mafia.com admin are neonazis or something like that...

And on Group list , there is a "NAZI" group on this site, when i clic (in french) on : communauté / groupes

I understand why they don't care about this fact. In France , you can't joke with that (none in Germany)

MobiZ
March 6th, 2013, 04:50 PM
group name is "The COM/NAZI Alliance"

nice...

creedkingsx
March 6th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Didn't realize that because someone who happens to play mafia and makes a group was immediately affiliated with this game.

Doctective
March 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Yeah, that was removed because it offended people.

As they stated, removed.
A looooong time ago.

You don't say...

Now I feel old.

Raptorblaze
March 7th, 2013, 08:48 AM

And on Group list , there is a "NAZI" group on this site, when i clic (in french) on : communauté / groupes

I understand why they don't care about this fact. In France , you can't joke with that (none in Germany)

Oops has final say in moderation, but he's also never around. Either myself or Akira pretty much decide day to day policy. Also we don't exactly get notifications when groups are made so there's probably a ton of them.

We're not neonazis, and frankly I'm a homosexual so if there WERE any on the site I'm fairly sure they'd have a problem with me. Some people have different, often disturbing senses of humor. It doesn't harm the game any for them to act that way except for one occasional player who comes to us and demands we ban them. Sorry but the issue is not nearly as serious as you want to make it out to be.

@Doctective Admiral, you ARE old. :)

louiswill
March 10th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Since Nazi is no longer a real threat today, I would rather enjoy their speech as well as Confederacy, Traditional Monarchy, Nationalists etc.
---Only mafia and corruption get me on the nerve!

Why host has same reputation as me>?

TimeTrx
March 10th, 2013, 09:55 PM
If you have a problem report it to Blizzard. The Admins cannot do anything in regards to this. Blizzard is your best choice for this. I know it is upsetting, I'm polish, my family had to bow down to the dirty Russians, RUSSIANS! This is why I hate communism. In short, talk to Blizzard or just ignore it.

Landstander
March 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM

I was raised Jewish and WAS Mod for over a year, which may support the neo-nazi theory. But I don't think they are as far as I can tell. I do find it annoying when people do the names and the swastika thing, but in all reality, if Blizzard did take action on it, it would probably be on the mapside, whereas all names would have to be randomized and custom names forbidden. You can ban a swastika from being in a name but there's just too many combinations of insulting names to individually ban each word.

Raptorblaze
March 15th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I was raised Jewish and WAS Mod for over a year, which may support the neo-nazi theory. But I don't think they are as far as I can tell. I do find it annoying when people do the names and the swastika thing, but in all reality, if Blizzard did take action on it, it would probably be on the mapside, whereas all names would have to be randomized and custom names forbidden. You can ban a swastika from being in a name but there's just too many combinations of insulting names to individually ban each word.

yeah, banning words is notoriously unreliable. Banning the swastikas might be fairly easy, so it's something to bring up to DR potentially. Land, everyone knew you were jewish the entire time you were a moderator.... please tell me that was a joke XD

The only other solution I can think of is to expand on our listing database and add a function to forcibly randomize names, the issue there is that you can only have a person on one list at a time.. so other offenses would override it.

Necroplant
March 22nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Well by the way, reporting works. I was just given a three-hour suspension for questioning Jesus' skin colour. Obviously Blizzard is white-supremist, but is calling ME the racist! Lol anyway, I've learned to keep it IN the game, people seem to report more for lobbies and channel chat.

Raptor, why do you have so many icons in your name?