PDA

View Full Version : Two uberpwnsome custom maps.

Pygalisk
August 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Malum Ruina and Cortex Roleplay.

'nuff said.

NorthStar
August 19th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Wtf is Malun? And Cortex gets trolled so much these days, I gave up on it, I'm a pretty good roleplayer, hit me up I guess.

Pygalisk
August 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Malum Ruina is sort of like Parasite.

And when you say Cortex Roleplay gets trolled too much, you must be talking about the public games. Go to the Roleplaying channel to organize RPs.

NorthStar
August 19th, 2011, 03:09 PM
No, I've been to the roleplay channel, some people troll me there too, and I have a former friend in there thats convinced some of the more respectable members that I'm a troll, why? No idea, nope nope.

Inca_Killa
August 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I prefer the Wc3 RP system MUCH more than Cortex. Cortex has cool functions and all but I just couldn't get into it.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM
what wc3 rp system
are you saying
sotdrp is all of wc3 rp
because you are very wrong

NorthStar
August 19th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I prefer the Wc3 RP system MUCH more than Cortex. Cortex has cool functions and all but I just couldn't get into it.

Cortex allows the greatest amount of customization, but it also features the greatest amount of complexity, lol. I had to play quite a bit until I finally nailed most of the commands, hell, I have about 25 alias, though they're all stat, I prefer to make my visuals from scratch. Though I don't know many...

AscendedOne
August 19th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Wtf is Malun? And Cortex gets trolled so much these days, I gave up on it, I'm a pretty good roleplayer, hit me up I guess.

Malum Ruina, is indeed like parasite. But to be much more descriptive:
It's the sc2 followup of the popular game "Metastasis" I believe, even tho the lists back in wc3 were drowned by all thedota games. I personally haven't played it because it hasn't become popular to get a group going fast enough. Now I don't know what changed between the two games, but the old game had two evil figures trying to convert or everyone in combat.

They slowly get mutation points by passing time. They can get them faster by hurting or killing the other players. Mutation points can be used to evolve your alien/mutant to become whatever evil killing machine you freakin want. Now theres several planets and spacecraft around, these serve as the biggest hubs for combat and controling space. You use mini-ships to get around which are basicly smaller hubs. All ships are destructable through combat and are controled using control nodes located in particular sections of each ship.

Back in wc3 it was certainly a great game and I hope it has a great amount of sucess in sc2 as well.

CaressMeTenderly
August 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Ahahahahaha.
Roleplaying on WC3/SC2?

You little silly kiddies.

Inca_Killa
August 20th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Ahahahahaha.
Roleplaying on WC3/SC2?

You little silly kiddies.

I also used to play DND and Riddle of steel(when I get the opportunity too :P.)

suicidaln00b
August 20th, 2011, 02:09 PM
-mnstr 12 archimonde

Pygalisk
August 21st, 2011, 08:59 AM
Malum Ruina is fucking awesome.

I think it is as good as mafia. Sadly, it doesn't get much popularity.

That's why I have it bookmarked.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 22nd, 2011, 03:32 AM
It's also hackable
as
fuck.

It's one of the better maps on SC2 but it's totally underrated and ignored.

Pygalisk
August 27th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I know right.

I'm so sad that I can never find a public game of it. And there are typically five people in the channel.