PDA

View Full Version : Saved Slot Bug & Suggestion

Trenix
May 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Bug- Saved slot doesn't save your variants, it only saves role slots and the top left settings.
- Fixed in latest update.

Suggestion- Remove the timer in singleplayer. You should be able to start it whenever you feel like it.

vileguy
May 5th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I believe it does save them, for example if you add vigilantes with only 1 bullet, but you can't check the settings of added roles through the menu by clicking on them, you can only verify it in game.

Trenix
May 5th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I believe it does save them, for example if you add vigilantes with only 1 bullet, but you can't check the settings of added roles through the menu by clicking on them, you can only verify it in game.

I was thinking about that, but what about the random slots? They will never be set correctly.

vileguy
May 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM
The settings should all be saved correctly. If you click random town, then click exclude civilians, then click add, then start the game... next game, your save slot should have a random town with exclude civilians.

My point is: you can't check if the random town has exclude civilians by clicking on it. That just doesn't work. You can't see the set options by clicking on an already added role. The only way you would know if your exclude-civilians was not saved is if you got a civilian in the 2nd/3rd/4th/etc game after not changing anything.

Trenix
May 5th, 2011, 01:21 PM
The settings should all be saved correctly. If you click random town, then click exclude civilians, then click add, then start the game... next game, your save slot should have a random town with exclude civilians.

My point is: you can't check if the random town has exclude civilians by clicking on it. That just doesn't work. You can't see the set options by clicking on an already added role. The only way you would know if your exclude-civilians was not saved is if you got a civilian in the 2nd/3rd/4th/etc game after not changing anything.

This is invalid. I created a single player game and added a citizen slot with no bullet proof vest and then saved it. I then tested the saved slot with a friend and he had still acquired the bulletproof vest. I'm not sure why you're making points that you're unsure about.

vileguy
May 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM
You may just not know what you're doing with regards to setting options, or it may not have saved at all because you left the game too soon. There are a number of factors. Like I said, you cannot verify what is saved how unless you test it in game, and doing a single-player game to save your setup is questionable. I've saved a game where Vigilantes have only 1 bullet, when the default is I believe 2, and to my knowledge people end up with 1 bullet every game. I could be wrong, but I think it saves the settings.

Deolrin
May 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
No.
It's true.
Some specific settings such as SK roleblock, Godfather invulnerable at night and Consigliere not replacing the godfather seem to be saved even if you cancel\check them in a save slot.

Trenix
May 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
You may just not know what you're doing with regards to setting options, or it may not have saved at all because you left the game too soon. There are a number of factors. Like I said, you cannot verify what is saved how unless you test it in game, and doing a single-player game to save your setup is questionable. I've saved a game where Vigilantes have only 1 bullet, when the default is I believe 2, and to my knowledge people end up with 1 bullet every game. I could be wrong, but I think it saves the settings.

Oh, so it's on my part because you "think" you're right. I know that I'm saving it correctly because it saves my role slots and the top left settings. I've just tried to save my settings with my friends, rather than singleplayer and it still doesn't save my settings for the roles.

Searix
May 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Checked, OP is right any of the subset variants (EXCEPT FOR THE RANDOM MAFIA/TOWN/NEUTRAL/ANY) doesn't save

Trenix
May 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Updated thread.