PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3

Goonswarm
August 16th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Oh My God....

Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE#ws)

Newest gameplay, can not wait for this.

NorthStar
August 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I nerdgasmed at the realistic and complicated sense of the multiplayer, it's not like Call of Duty where you just run and gun with your overpowered/overused weapon and get pointless kill streaks that do all the work for you.

chocopaw
August 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I came... holy shit I can't wait.

Clawtrocity
August 16th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah, this is pretty much going to be the Modern Warfare 2 for the next two years.

FalseTruth
August 16th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Modern Airfare* 2

Ruffles
August 16th, 2011, 05:46 PM
so.. MW3 or Battlefield 3? Which one do YOU anticipate more?

PercMastaFTW
August 16th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Eh Modern Warfare 3 is gonna own Battlefield. BF series sucks ass mannn. Too much HP, weak guns, etc. MW is where iz at!

Sure bf has jets, helis, tanks, team based play, destructible enviorments, hell who cares about all that sht we've all seen before in prev games? Buy BF2 if you're into that. I'd say MW calls for more team work hands down!!! Gets new perks every new game, even if its only name changes. bf3 sucks

Clawtrocity
August 16th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Halo 4 for me.

Inca_Killa
August 16th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Just like to inform you this is not realistic..at all :D......

but definitely looks better than I thought it would. I might get it but I still think it will be like Call of Booty 3 because thats the current big game right now. Which means fail.

CaressMeTenderly
August 16th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Hahahahahahahhahahahahaha.
Did someone really compare the Call of Duty franchise to Battlefield, and then go on to mix up BF with Bad Company?

Given I'm not a 14 year old with minimal attention spam who likes to hold onto the shift button and pound left mouse click, I doubt I'll give MW3 a look. Battlefield 3 looks pretty interesting though.

PercMastaFTW
August 16th, 2011, 08:05 PM
ho shet Caress take it easy, jus jokes bah !

but yeah, two completely diff games. I'll get bf3 for multi, and pirate mw3 for the intense single player, maybe get it for 360

CaressMeTenderly
August 16th, 2011, 08:50 PM
take it easy~

Miku Hatsune -- "Yukkuri Shiteitte ne!!" (HQ, English subtitles, Download) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cHsNnDfmDs#)

NorthStar
August 18th, 2011, 06:26 PM
;D

ChoasZ
August 18th, 2011, 08:36 PM
MW3!!

SnipingHobo
August 18th, 2011, 09:02 PM
MW3!!

Agreed.

Goonswarm
August 18th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Corner camping for killstreaks and spawn fragging vs true team oriented play that is extremely group focused.

Sorry but everything I have seen of MW3 makes me glad I pre-ordered BF3.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 19th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Camping isn't really that good of a strategy in CoD, yes you get a lot of kills but the people actually winning games are running around as opposed to staying in one spot waiting for people. Spawn fragging isn't that much of a problem unless it's boosting.

Battlefield
why the fuck would you even compare these two games together

NorthStar
August 19th, 2011, 07:58 AM
MW3!!

Agreed.

AC REVELATIONS!!

Darth Sand
August 19th, 2011, 02:44 PM
i wanted to play battlefield today at gamescom, but ten minutes after they opened the venue we were there... and they didn't let people in anymore because the waiting time was already nine hours :(

Inca_Killa
August 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Corner camping for killstreaks and spawn fragging vs true team oriented play that is extremely group focused.

Sorry but everything I have seen of MW3 makes me glad I pre-ordered BF3.

I guess. But its not much teamwork to be honest, I think you need realism mods for true teamwork(as they bring these type of people together.) Or to play with a tightknit group/clan. But thats only squad/fireteam level teamwork, not platoon level.

Severn
August 19th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'm a huge fan of BF2 and 2142 but I have my doubts about 3. There won't be any mod support at all, no commander, squads limited to 4 still instead of 6?, no steam, origin required even for retail copies, and no in game server browser. In order to switch servers you have to alt tab.

It will still probably be a good game but I'm concerned about a lot of stuff surrounding the game that will affect my enjoyment of it. Plus I really like realistic infantry combat so I'm going with Red Orchestra 2 for the moment.

Inca_Killa
August 19th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I'm a huge fan of BF2 and 2142 but I have my doubts about 3. There won't be any mod support at all, no commander, squads limited to 4 still instead of 6?, no steam, origin required even for retail copies, and no in game server browser. In order to switch servers you have to alt tab.

It will still probably be a good game but I'm concerned about a lot of stuff surrounding the game that will affect my enjoyment of it. Plus I really like realistic infantry combat so I'm going with Red Orchestra 2 for the moment.

Wow this sounds terrible. This probably cut my chances of buying this game in half.

People don't know how to make a good good anymore. fucking terrible people.

NorthStar
August 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Really? The only CoD games that I really experienced overused camping are the ones made my Treyarch.

Deadlytalon
August 21st, 2011, 08:40 AM
Just wanna throw this out there for everyone who don't know this :).... The original creators of CoD, the ones that made it a good series. There no longer making CoD. On-top of that, The original creators of Halo, the ones that made it a good series... there no longer making Halo either. Currently, Battlefield will dominate the market. CoD has even pushed there release date back a bit, afraid to release with BF:3. But I will say this, The creators of Halo and CoD are each making an entirely new franchise. When these franchises release there first game "both will be all platforms" you will no longer hear anyone saying anything about CoD. "Fyi, the creators of Call of Duty, also where the original creators of Medal of Honor, they left Microsoft and joined Activision and created CoD, what happened at that point ? Medal of Honor lost all its credibility, Same thing will happen to CoD"

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 22nd, 2011, 03:33 AM
That reminds me, the last Medal of Honor game had great SP but shit online. I wonder what the hell happened. Probably MW fever.