PDA

View Full Version : S-FM : Mafia 101

Cryptonic
January 25th, 2013, 03:10 PM

Fatalis
January 25th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Can Godfather select every night or just once?

Cryptonic
January 25th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Can Godfather select every night or just once?

godfather can only select once on night one. then it's the same every night following.

Fatalis
January 25th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Oh kk

BorkBot
January 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Needs rule that prohibits editing posts.

How will you handle the Corrupt Journalist's ability to edit articles? Why wouldn't people submit their article right at the end of the night so the Corrupt Journalist won't have time to edit it before the day starts?

Can the student win without picking a mentor?

Does the killer agent remain an "evil neutral" if he gets mason recruited or does he inherit the masons' victory condition?

Is the order of killers listed in the OoO relevant? i.e. if an arsonist burns a vigilante, does that stop him from shooting?

If an investigative role checks a dying target that got sanitised by a janitor on the same night, do they still get their information?

Does a veteran alert count as immunity to cult conversion?

Cryptonic
January 28th, 2013, 06:59 PM
1. ok
2. idno, that's a good question. what would you suggest?
3. no, student must pick a mentor day one.
4. he remains a neutral. he can kill every night and must eliminate town, however, he can talk with the masons at night.
5. killings will all happen simultaneously. all killers can kill the same nights they die.
6. yes, janitor does not alter any characters feedback.
7. yes.

thanks

BorkBot
January 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM
2. idno, that's a good question. what would you suggest?
To be honest, I'm not sure. I haven't seen anyone properly handle night actions that have to be submitted in response to night actions submitted by other people on the same night. Also makes it reliant on timezones, which is far from ideal.

The only method I can think of right off the bat is to allow the corrupt journalist to submit a short list of words of which all occurrences will be replaced with another word. Like, 5 of them.

That way, he can for example change player names in the article with names of other players, or *censor* them.
He can make "mafia" show up as "town" and vice versa.
He can make mentions of a role appear as another role.
Change "trust" to "distrust."
Etc.

Cryptonic
January 29th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Yes, I could do that. Or I can make it so articles will be posted 12 hours after day starts and make day a mandatory 24 hours.
Hmm..

Cryptonic
January 29th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hm actually, I think I will do what you said, but I'll also give Corrupt Journalist the ability to write a false article for the person to be posted instead.

but don't approve this yet, I think I want to add something

Cryptonic
January 29th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Ok, added Ninja, Investigator and Investigative Pairings.
Added rolecards for the 2 roles and made Investigator a predetermined role.
Now I'm done.

BorkBot
February 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Approved