PDA

View Full Version : Forum Lagg

RLVG
January 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I'm going to bring it to Site Discussion because I couldn't see any other places to add a thread about this issue.
I did search if there has been a topic already, but I only receive "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." after waiting a millennium.

The forum is for the most time swift and easy to read, however there's a few random times when the site simply laggs extremely - by that I mean the page won't load untill you waited a forever and the issue remains until it becomes fast again.

At situations, the page sometimes never loads or it loads with a corrupt site requiring a refresh as it's unreadable.

I'm going to ask if I'm the only one with these issues?

Ash
January 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
it's the server. i think it's fine now.
/thread

RLVG
January 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM
it's the server. i think it's fine now.
/thread

This has been going on for two months (In my perspective as I'm "new"), when it starts it becomes quite annoying or ridiculous.

"Of course" it has become fine, but it'll jump back to unreadable again.

Is this a permanent issue, or will this become fixed at some point?

Glip
January 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I've never had any issue with the site being slow. Ocassionally there'll be a "Database Error," but that's it.

What is superstrange, though, is that once in a blue moon, when I click to load either the home forum or any of the individual forums, it'll give me a page that's from a few weeks to a few months in the past. Then I just refresh it or click on any thread, and it works just fine, loading the most current stuff.

Cryptonic
January 13th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I was getting database error this morning, and since then it's been painfully slow. Sometimes the pages won't load at all.

AppleyNO
January 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
This has been going on for two months (In my perspective as I'm "new"), when it starts it becomes quite annoying or ridiculous.

I have the same problem.

As long as we use this server, we will have this random lag times and database errors.

(oops_ur_dead): Problem's with the host
[11:04:40 AM | Edited 11:04:41 AM] (oops_ur_dead): Can't do shit

RLVG
January 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
it'll give me a page that's from a few weeks to a few months in the past.

Sometimes when the browser gets an error with connection, it reloads to a previous "savefile" of what the site was.
I don't know why that function exists for some individuals, it's common with Explorer though.

Raptorblaze
January 13th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Actually this morning was a unique issue, the DB errors was because oops had to rebuild the database of posts and such.

Jim
January 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM

The site was only slow for me last night, but I was also having internet probllems so even then I am not sure.