PDA

View Full Version : Keeper Tryouts Start Date

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 06:15 PM
... Will be January 19th.

If you are not on the list here (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/16498-Keeper-Tryouts-Signup-Thread?p=266674) then I did not accept your application for some reason. You may continue signing up until the 19th.

Here's the current instructions thread in the subforum we've created for tryouts:

Format
In this section you will find various reports selected by our current report-processing staff. Your job in this stage of tryouts is simply to review them and post your reviews in the respective threads. You will be judged on thoroughness, clearness, and accuracy. You will also be judged on your knowledge of the in-game rules. Any questions or clarifications about rules may be directed at myself via the FAQ thread. Collaboration/Discussion is allowed, the point of these tryouts is to judge your ability to effectively determine the offenses in a given replay.

Review Requirements
The following information is required in your reviews. Keepers generally have their own templates used to review reports, feel free to ask for copies.

1. Confirm the IDs reported
2. The hotkeys of the reported/added players in the replay
3. A summary or list of the relevant actions by reported/added players
4. Analysis of whether this altered the apparent game result
5. A list of offenses by the reported/added players
6. Screenshots if this is a point hacking report (of the points AND of the achievements)
7. The player who's help menu you used and when they opened it during the replay if point hacking report.
8. Recommended Punishment level (which list, for how many weeks)
9. List the IDs and usernames of any players you add to the report because you found their offenses while reviewing.

After the Review
After enough prospective keepers have reviewed a report, and I am satisfied that the discussion has either concluded or is going nowhere, I will close the thread and post my final judgement on it. At this time constructive criticism will also be sent to each participant. Not participating in any given thread will lower your chances of being hired. If you are present in a replay do not review it and post why.

Rules
1. No trolling. Serious discussion or reviews only.
2. No directly quoting other reviews in your review.
3. No purposely breaking an obvious implicit rule because it is not written here to troll staff, this will result in immediate removal from tryouts.
4. There are no "lawyers" in the report system. Your job is to accurately discern offenders and innocents in these replays, not to convict players or try to help people get away with offenses. False positives are held against you in the real system so they will be here as well.

I may revise it some more before opening tryouts. New reports will also be added over the course of the tryouts so be sure to keep an eye out for those.

You may ask questions here (post them with color=00ff00 or I'll ignore them) to be included in the FAQ prior to start. Tryouts are as much about selecting good keepers as teaching you how to be keepers properly. I won't necessarily judge people based on who does the most reports fastest as who seems to understand the rules/policies the best by the end of it, so keep that in mind and best of luck to our participants!

Ash
January 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Why no lawyers? I'd like to practice to become an attorney/lawyer

ika
January 12th, 2013, 06:58 PM
im hoping i colorcode this right

if we are not avialable the 19th do we message you? and what time will it be?

if this color coding inst right can someone help me with it

Auckmid
January 12th, 2013, 07:02 PM
im hoping i colorcode this right<br>

[color=#00ff00]if we are not avialable the 19th do we message you? and what time will it be?[/#00ff00]<br>

[/color.][COLOR=#00ff00]

^^

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 07:24 PM
im hoping i colorcode this right

if we are not avialable the 19th do we message you? and what time will it be?

It's going to run for a few days, you don't need to be immediately available.

ika
January 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
[/color.][COLOR=#00ff00]

^^

thanks for the correction although it seemed to gone through XD

It's going to run for a few days, you don't need to be immediately available.

that is good to know for i will be starting collage on the 17th and i am usally working weekends so i might not be there right away

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 07:34 PM
thanks for the correction although it seemed to gone through XD

that is good to know for i will be starting collage on the 17th and i am usally working weekends so i might not be there right away

....So I assume you're from New Zealand perhaps?

Also I fixed your color code for you.

Apocist
January 12th, 2013, 07:39 PM
May we assist in the voting of candidates?

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 07:44 PM
May we assist in the voting of candidates?

Considering the number I'm hoping to recruit and the fact that the number itself is flexible, there'd be no way to do it properly.

Brendan
January 12th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Why am I not on the list?
:(

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Why am I not on the list?
:(

Username(ingame): Brendan
Realm: NA
ID: 1-S2-1-2604076

Reasons for wanting to be Keeper:
I don't know if I would ever watch replays, but I would like to determine punishments. I could also take up the mantle of appeal judge. Yes, I made up my own position. Appeals sound fun to me. I don't have any replays to upload, as I am on my phone, but there are plenty on the forum already.

tl;dr: I want to be keeper, but not do anything keepers actually do. I also want to do some of the things reserved for high-level staff.

Jim
January 12th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Around how many keepers are you looking to get?

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Around how many keepers are you looking to get?

Ideally I'm hoping to recruit like 7, but that's subject to severe change based on tryout results.

Brendan
January 12th, 2013, 08:37 PM
tl;dr: I want to be keeper, but not do anything keepers actually do. I also want to do some of the things reserved for high-level staff.

What's wrong with that? :O

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 08:50 PM
What's wrong with that? :O

You aren't applying to be keeper if you explicitly say you don't want keeper duties.

Glip
January 12th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Ideally I'm hoping to recruit like 7, but that's subject to severe change based on tryout results.

Why so many? Do you really expect to need 14 keepers once the report program is created?

Mugy
January 12th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Why so many? Do you really expect to need 14 keepers once the report program is created?

After a month you'll find it difficult to do one a day :P

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 09:21 PM

Well first off, we essentially have 2-3 actual keepers atm, second reports coming in have doubled in the last two months, and third the program will only increase report volume.

Brendan
January 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM
You aren't applying to be keeper if you explicitly say you don't want keeper duties.

Where do I go to apply for the position I specified if it's not Keeper?

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Where do I go to apply for the position I specified if it's not Keeper?

You can't, we select someone from staff when we have need of them. And all the positions you requested require being a keeper first.

Jim
January 12th, 2013, 10:36 PM

The program would just give a higher quantity of reports not making them easier to do as I understand.

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Our projected goal is to have keepers do the average of one report every 2-3 days over the course of a month. In reality most keepers do several in one day and then take breaks.

Brendan
January 12th, 2013, 10:54 PM
You can't, we select someone from staff when we have need of them. And all the positions you requested require being a keeper first.
Well then I'll be a keeper. If roflcopter can do it I'm fairly certain anyone can.

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Well then I'll be a keeper. If roflcopter can do it I'm fairly certain anyone can.

Roflcopter watched replays :P

Brendan
January 12th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Roflcopter watched replays :P

Fine, I'll watch replays. Add me to the list lol.

Nick
January 12th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Fine, I'll watch replays. Add me to the list lol.

Let replay run while watching youtube. Then give random punishments.

Brendan
January 12th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Let replay run while watching youtube. Then give random punishments.

Lol this is great idea.

biersteker
January 13th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Do EU players get NA replays and NA players EU replays? Or do we all get the same replay to analyze?

Raptorblaze
January 13th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Do EU players get NA replays and NA players EU replays? Or do we all get the same replay to analyze?

You're all getting the same batch of reports to review, as a keeper you won't often get the opportunity to discriminate between the two prior to review.

AppleyNO
January 14th, 2013, 05:28 AM
The good thing about this start date is that I have Monday off for Martin Luther King day.

Raptorblaze
January 14th, 2013, 06:16 AM
The good thing about this start date is that I have Monday off for Martin Luther King day.

That was intentional ;)

AppleyNO
January 14th, 2013, 06:17 AM
That was intentional ;)
Yay :D

Raptor is thinking of everything :blink1:

biersteker
January 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM
You're all getting the same batch of reports to review, as a keeper you won't often get the opportunity to discriminate between the two prior to review.

My concern was based on the fact that i will be in a lot of EU replays, but in none of the NA replays, and I prefer to keep myself out of the equation.

ika
January 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM
My concern was based on the fact that i will be in a lot of EU replays, but in none of the NA replays, and I prefer to keep myself out of the equation.

i think the rule is that if you are in the replay you can't reveiw it. If a report comes up where you are in it i dont think rap would look down on you if you said i will not reveiw it for being in the replay. i remeber one time when i was lurking rofl said he wouldnt review it becasue he was in it. if i were to ever see a replay with me in it i would just pass by it. raptor will probally try to find a replay where none of us are in it for us to do for applications

note: sorr about all my bad spellings in this i dont pay too much attention but when we doing the keeper tryout and if im in the next fm i will be checking spellings on these

ika
January 16th, 2013, 10:46 AM
....So I assume you're from New Zealand perhaps?

Also I fixed your color code for you.

nah im in central usa (i just noticed this post xp) its just i have a weird scduling for collage (M,T,thurs) and for work, i never have a set scedule so when i work is someone randomized. good try though :)

thanks for fixing the coding

Raptorblaze
January 16th, 2013, 10:53 AM
And to answer your deleted question ika, I'll be assigning you all a new usergroup which will give you temporary access to the keeper tryouts forum.

Raptorblaze
January 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
HEY GAIZ GUESS WHAT TOMORROW IS

AppleyNO
January 18th, 2013, 07:48 AM

I KNOW RIGHT!

Damus_Graves
January 18th, 2013, 07:49 AM

Saturday

WAS I RITEE????? WAS I RITE?????>??????>?>@@?#>?@>#!@>#!@?>#!@#>@!?#!@?#!@?>#!@!?>#@

RLVG
January 18th, 2013, 08:00 AM

The day of the victims.

ika
January 18th, 2013, 08:11 AM

KEEPER TIME! unfortantetly i have work afternoon so i will have to hope that it is up in the morn so i can check it.

btw rap thanks for answering the question i suck with the bb codings right now i am prob gonna go mess aournd with them somewhere and see if i can get it

Cryptonic
January 18th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I'm afraid being a Keeper is a full time job. We're going to have to ask you to quit that job so you can focus on reports.

Raptorblaze
January 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM
KEEPER TIME! unfortantetly i have work afternoon so i will have to hope that it is up in the morn so i can check it.

btw rap thanks for answering the question i suck with the bb codings right now i am prob gonna go mess aournd with them somewhere and see if i can get it

All tags take the form OCCASIONALLY with some extra information. For example color's opening tag is [color=#RRGGBB] where RR GG and BB are the hex values for red green and blue.

ika
January 18th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I'm afraid being a Keeper is a full time job. We're going to have to ask you to quit that job so you can focus on reports.

dunno if being serious.... or just joking...

but for real though i can manage doing both. worst case sinario is i get the job and you be right. my job is only part time and i have collage. when im not doing anythign else im up here playing mafia. or sitting on youtube. seeing how you guies have 3 "active" keepers right now (or what rap says) any number of active keepers is better then none

Raptorblaze
January 18th, 2013, 09:09 AM
dunno if being serious.... or just joking...

but for real though i can manage doing both. worst case sinario is i get the job and you be right. my job is only part time and i have collage. when im not doing anythign else im up here playing mafia. or sitting on youtube. seeing how you guies have 3 "active" keepers right now (or what rap says) any number of active keepers is better then none

For comparison, reviewing a report can take up to usually 20 minutes (rarely indepth ones require a lot more than that) and we expect 15-25 a month per person.

Gingerape
January 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Tomorrow is Saturday! and Sunday comes afterwords~

Cryptonic
January 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Todaaaaaay iiiiis friiiiidaaaaaay,
I hope you have your paaaaants ooooon!

AppleyNO
January 18th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Are we starting at 12:00 AM EST? Or at some undisclosed time? Or are you going to wing it?

Raptorblaze
January 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Are we starting at 12:00 AM EST? Or at some undisclosed time? Or are you going to wing it?

Winging it, primarily because I work tomorrow.

Fatalis
January 18th, 2013, 04:02 PM
*HAPPY*

creedkingsx
January 18th, 2013, 04:20 PM
We are starting during the next eclipse.

Glip
January 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM

Dear god, creed, I just noticed how many green rep bars you have.

You need to spread the wealth.

Anywho, can we get an estimated time for this thing to start tomorrow? Like, early morning, late evening, middle of the afternoon?

Jim
January 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I thought it was MLK day, well I hope it is not early morning because I am west coast and enjoy sleeping in on weekends.

Cryptonic
January 18th, 2013, 04:53 PM

are we going to kick it off with the lamb sacrifice, or the fire dance?

Auckmid
January 18th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Dear god, creed, I just noticed how many green rep bars you have.

You need to spread the wealth.

I'm at 99 rep, so 1 more would be kool.

Thx... Glip? ... and Blazer???... and Oops... no idea on person #4... but ty also.

AppleyNO
January 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
are we going to kick it off with the lamb sacrifice, or the fire dance?
Fire dance, obv. We need the fire to burn the lamb.

biersteker
January 18th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I know what day it is. It is the day that I am 1 game short of 20k. (19996 atm)

edit. Done....20k points after 1337 games. How wierd is that..

CmG
January 18th, 2013, 06:37 PM
but what for? Do you really want to have the option to -prefer a role? Trust me, it only makes the game more boring as it already is. First i started to blacklist roles like, sheriff, invest, survivor and mason because hands down are the most boring roles you could probably get thanks to the rnd generator. There is basicly no merit in breaking the 20k points barrier. Otherwise i would have tried to transfer my 8k from my 1. laptop and 5k from my 2. laptop on my desktop sc2ID. But like i said its meaningless.

creedkingsx
January 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I know what day it is. It is the day that I am 1 game short of 20k. (19996 atm)

Play a game right now if you are that close...

Glip
January 18th, 2013, 10:00 PM
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Mugy
January 18th, 2013, 10:01 PM
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

As soon as the user groups are sorted.:)

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2013, 07:47 AM
As soon as the user groups are sorted.:)

Usergroups are made, it's looking to be a quiet day at work so once I finish the only project I appear to have been assigned I'll finish the prep and open it up.

ika
January 19th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Usergroups are made, it's looking to be a quiet day at work so once I finish the only project I appear to have been assigned I'll finish the prep and open it up.

so im guessing you will pm us?

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2013, 08:04 AM
so im guessing you will pm us?

I wasn't planning to originally, but I don't see a reason not to. I mean the forum I'm opening is going to be at the top of the forums list there's no way you won't notice it when it appears.

ika
January 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM
I wasn't planning to originally, but I don't see a reason not to. I mean the forum I'm opening is going to be at the top of the forums list there's no way you won't notice it when it appears.

ok thanks! :)

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I'm going to open the forum so you guys can see the stickies and get an initial look at the reports we collected so far (you won't be able to post yet) One moment....

Edit: Done, I'll open it later on. I still have a couple things to finish

Glip
January 19th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Am I missing something? I'm not part of any new usergroup, and I don't see any new forum.

Jr4life24
January 19th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I'm going to open the forum so you guys can see the stickies and get an initial look at the reports we collected so far (you won't be able to post yet) One moment....

Edit: Done, I'll open it later on. I still have a couple things to finish
Wait, did it just close, I ment to send in the app yesterday but forgot >.>

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Wait, did it just close, I ment to send in the app yesterday but forgot >.>

I haven't fully opening it yet. If you intend to join you should do it now.

Jim
January 19th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Am I missing something? I'm not part of any new usergroup, and I don't see any new forum.

Ya it seems like we can't see this forum yet, I am going to check my usergroups to see if I was added.

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM

The forum should be at the very top, hm if you can't see it I'll need to dink around some more. This is basically testing visibility phase XD

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Oops says you should be good now.

Glip
January 19th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Oops says you should be good now.

I see it now. Thanks! Let's get started ^.^

Damus_Graves
January 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
So.. can we start the tree-outs?

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2013, 11:03 AM
So.. can we start the tree-outs?

Give me a couple minutes to change some settings and then yes. Post questions as green in the FAQ sticky.
Edit:Easier than I expected, go to town. Remember discussion is encouraged

RLVG
January 19th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Is it intended that we are able to view the Research & Development?

Admiral
January 19th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I demand my equal opportunity rights to participate.

I feel as if I am being discriminated against.

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I demand my equal opportunity rights to participate.

I feel as if I am being discriminated against.

You never submitted an application... you just said if brendan is allowed to participate you should be too.

Admiral
January 19th, 2013, 11:19 AM
You never submitted an application... you just said if brendan is allowed to participate you should be too.

I was under the influence.