PDA

View Full Version : What is the best name?

Xentios
August 14th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Names are really important at mafia and i dont have a good name that helps me survive day 1.
Any good suggestion?

CaressMeTenderly
August 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
He Who Fondles Balls

Rumpel1408
August 14th, 2011, 02:11 PM
random name gives random survivability...

AdmiralCain
August 14th, 2011, 02:11 PM
If your #1 priority is to be sure of surviving Night 1, the best chance is to use an auto-generated name.
A cool custom name makes the game more fun but also makes you more of a target at night.

Rumpel1408
August 14th, 2011, 02:21 PM
If your #1 priority is to be sure of surviving Night 1, the best chance is to use an auto-generated name.
A cool custom name makes the game more fun but also makes you more of a target at night.

Auto-generated names do not garantie not to die night 1. I sometimes aim for them when I'm SK and think they might be afk or dont belong to channel games...

EagleMan
August 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
To be honest, it's pretty random. Some people are more inclined to target certain names while others may completely ignore them.

A name like "Serial Killer" might get completely ignored, but just as well, there could be a player who targets you solely for your name.

The names you should avoid are Justin Beiber, Rebecca Black, Lady Gaga, and those sorts of names. Donor names are also a big no-no in public games. Obviously, other attention getting names can be easily avoided. Sometimes I might target a person for just how inconspicuous his name is.

Beyond that, it's pretty random.

Rumpel1408
August 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
if you start at day with no lynch, trolling is often a good way to neigher get hit by evildoers nor by investigative roles, especially if you troll in a way that fits to your name.

Once I named myself "Tortue me" and kept screaming in caps to torture me. Got totally ignored, once attacked by maf but survived, so i said "finally someone tried to hurt me actually, but I need more pain"... Night 6 I burned them all and won...

AdmiralCain
August 14th, 2011, 06:49 PM

Auto-generated names do not garantie not to die night 1. I sometimes aim for them when I'm SK and think they might be afk or dont belong to channel games...

I didn't say it guarantees being killed N1. It just reduces the chances.

And if, as SK, you actually think someone is AFK, your smartest move should be to not kill them, because if they are AFK, they are not using their powers, and they are not voting to lynch anyone. The people who are using their powers, and could cast votes to lynch you, are a greater threat.

MrSmarter
August 14th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Ehh, I use last will and Spy, I don't get hit night one as often as I did using the name LiquidTLO.

HustleKing
August 14th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I use trolly f baby a lot and get killed. Maybe thats because they target doners in pub games though.

Narks
August 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
set your name to

LORD CONCRETE

AdmiralCain
August 14th, 2011, 08:05 PM
The names you should avoid are Justin Beiber, Rebecca Black, Lady Gaga, and those sorts of names. Donor names are also a big no-no in public game

I often use Rebecca Black (with colors and music notes) as a name, and I usually survive for several days, sometimes until the very end. I do ask publicly for a doc heal on Day 1 though, and it often saves me.

Yayap
August 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Chances of surviving night 1 randomly seem to be more on where your name is placed...

DR did a little experiment not too long ago and about 50% picked 4/5 down from the list
http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,1509.0.html

CaressMeTenderly
August 14th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Chances of surviving night 1 randomly seem to be more on where your name is placed...

DR did a little experiment not too long ago and about 50% picked 4/5 down from the list
http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,1509.0.html

No it doesn't.
All of those options were named the same and colored the same.

Lrn2usedataproperly

Ruffles
August 14th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Trollmeister

Nick
August 15th, 2011, 05:39 AM
EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!
Choose a name which is neither too long nor too short; too catchy nor too plain; cause too much love nor too much hate; etc. etc.

EVERYTHING TO THE MAX!
Alternate strategy is to go for super fancy names and hope for doctor or bodyguard saves. Bad thing about this is that if you are an evil role...

philie
August 15th, 2011, 06:33 AM
A random generated name allows you to survive to the end.
Ever since i started using colored names i get killed night 1-2 every time.
Being black, purple and blue generally keeps people off you.

Hero
August 15th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I usually aim for random generated names, because killers usually go after fancy names, so docs usually heal them. No1 cares about a random name first night, so I get them.

Boring, short names also helps. When I was getting into the game, I named myself Mark quite often, and most of the time they didn't give a shit about me.

NorthStar
August 15th, 2011, 06:49 AM
I have a whole list of names that are great for use, the thing is, most players won't ever target you or battle an eye if you pick them. =D

Nick
August 15th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I usually aim for random generated names, because killers usually go after fancy names, so docs usually heal them. No1 cares about a random name first night, so I get them.

Boring, short names also helps. When I was getting into the game, I named myself Mark quite often, and most of the time they didn't give a shit about me.

Mark? There is a MARK? Where?
And they only see you when half the town is dead.

oops_ur_dead
August 15th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I have a whole list of names that are great for use, the thing is, most players won't ever target you or battle an eye if you pick them. =D

I love battling eyes.

r4ndomdude
August 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Yo Mama Bangin Me

Xentios
August 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM
with this cultist role my new name will be always have "Idiot" and "Town" cuz town cant win with this new role. Unless all the townies use skype.