PDA

View Full Version : Cheating EU.

Hqrtt
May 3rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Hi,

What can we do versus people who are playing with teamspeak or an other vocalsoftware?
They just decide who is going to win the game...
That's so bad.

Here is a replay with two guys doing this.

Afumba
May 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
i hear u man... there is another thread about this here somewhere too...

Unfortunately nothing u can do... just dont play with them.
Bes thing is to play with ppls u know that they play mannered...
I block comm with such cheaters when i find out... & dont play with these guys anmore.

Felivia
May 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Another instance of preteaming on US. Persnickety and neverswatafly just pulled a witch - townie preteam to get a solo witch a win.

replay upon request. Players were identically voting and neverswatafly would never speak only immediately vote with Persnickety right after. Players joined the game simultaneously as a party and were teaming during the course of the game. Probably just 1 guy at the same keyboard because one never spoke until the very end. Once they were accused, they didn't even bother defending themselves until the game over screen. All other players decided they were preteaming at the end. There was heavy lag at the beginning of the game, apologies.

http://www.2shared.com/file/gfop19aD/-Mafia-__98_.html for external link to replay.

squall55
May 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Well, I think you can't do anything against people using voice VoIP, as Mafia runs as a Mod on another Game. Even if it was a seperated Game, it would be too much effort to block such Programms just for someone to break it in some hours of work.

The problem is, there will always be people, who use "unfair" tools to win a game, and I think this is a community-problem. You can't really ban them for talking with their friends, but if they do, well...
I might confess, like...90% of the time I play Mafia, I'm on Skype, talking with a buddy who'S also in the game, but we made up our rules for that (like, in the beginning we just say good/evil/neutral to find out if we're in the same team, we use new names every game, don't tell our roles/names to each other (unless we're both mafia) and so on) not to ruin the fun for us and the others. But you can't hope that everyone plays this fair.

I experienced some matches, where one person in the day-chat shouted things out like "I'm on Skype with X, I heared him typing at night!" which... kind of ruined the game for me..

Zilas
May 3rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
cant do much bout it if itsnot that then its 3 guys in same house spoiling roles or whatever. i find it so annoying a awesome game like this can get fucked up by people cheating aka saying things when they'r dead or at night when you normally aren't able to..

persnickety
May 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
I am posting this in response to the accusation that I was "preteaming" with neverswatafly. This is not correct. I believe that if you review the log, I may have claimed that I did not know him. I'll confess that I actually do. I lied because it is rather anxiety provoking to be suddenly accused of something that is not true. I regret responding at all, as a spurious accusation hardly warrants the dignity of a response.

I think that may have been the second or third time I ever played the game. It was the first time I was in the role of investigator, and I was not familiar with all of the text associated with each class. For some reason, they all sounded nefarious to me! The first one I got right, and I told the other townies to lynch the right person. The next two, I thought they were mafia but they in fact weren't. The text said something to the effect of "They use knives." Well what am I supposed to think? The guy was actually a doctor, which makes sense in retrospect, but I didn't know what that meant at the time.

I didn't even know that neverswatafly was a witch, and nor was I aware of what the win conditions for the witch actually were. I believe that he voted with me because we are in fact friends, and he was unsure what to do as a result of it also being the first time he ever played. I'm not sure if he was aware of the fact that he was going to win as a result of the other players being lynched, but in any case, I can say that I did believe that they were mafia, and I did not know that it would result in neverswatfly's victory.

I can see how someone would suspect otherwise, but without definitive proof, it is neither fair nor just to make claims of cheating. In any case, I have come clean, and I leave the judgement of this matter in the hands of the moderators here.

Thank you.

Dark.Revenant
May 3rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Even if I wanted to, banning is nigh impossible on SC2.

McJesus
May 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
nothing really you can do and replays hardly work for mafia.

Deolrin
May 4th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Even if I wanted to, banning is nigh impossible on SC2.

Well... Risk Revulsion used banks to ban people, but the people can simply remove those banks, I think. The thing here is that they also lose all their stats by doing so.