Post here to sign up for keeper tryouts, using this format:

Required
Username(ingame):
Realm:
ID: #-S2-#-#######

Preferred
Reasons for wanting to be Keeper:
(A replay of one game you were in)

If you wish to sign up anonymously and not be listed, PM me the information. (this was requested)
There is no limit on signups.
You may PM me with any questions. Spam in this thread will be heavily infracted.

Format of Tryouts
You will be reviewing actual reports. Current selected staff including myself will provide constructive feedback and judge your ability to accurately analyze the reports that come in. Collaboration in the threads will be allowed, however simply restating previous points without providing your own view on the situation will not earn you any points. Scoring is subjective, and will be kept anonymous to preserve the testing environment. You are encouraged to give your own views on the offenses in question.

You will be asked to recommend punishment levels for offenders, previous history of the offender will be provided for your consideration (count of offenses, not the past threads though known cheating partners are included) though this portion will include the same guidance I give to current keepers.

Tryouts will begin in approximately 1 to 2 weeks once we've gathered a satisfactory variety of reports.

Signup List
1. Damus_Graves
2. Mintberry Crunch
3. Glip
4. Ika
5. AppleyNo
6. TheDarkWizard
7. XxZeroxX
8. TwentyTwo
9. Fatalis
10. Auckmid
11. FrostByte
12. Biersteker
13. RLVG
14. Creed
15. CardiffKilla

Ash
January 9th, 2013, 07:14 PM
How often is a Keeper supposed to do reports? Do you get kicked out if you aren't active in your keeper duties? Blazer got kicked out for that, right?

Warden Edit: Blazer stepped down, he was not kicked out. Quota is being changed based on how many we decide to hire, but it's approximately one every couple days currently. Also I said pm me with questions T.T Quota is only enforced if a backlog forms I should add.

Damus_Graves
January 9th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Username(ingame): DamusGraves
Realm: Americas

ID: 1-S2-1-3499632

Reasons for wanting to be Keeper: I want to contribute to report processing and keep the reports from piling up once again as well as learn how to pinpoint cheaters/hackers/gamethrowers to an ever better capacity.

Replay:8570

creedkingsx
January 9th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Since I was lied to when I was demoted can I try out for my old position? I have experience in this particular field.

Raptorblaze
January 9th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Since I was lied to when I was demoted can I try out for my old position? I have experience in this particular field.

Yes. Fill out the form.

Glip
January 9th, 2013, 08:37 PM
*blows the dust off his old SC2 case* Alrighty, time to start playing games again. *loads his first game* 8579 Hello, Necroplant and friends.

Username In-Game: Glip
Realm: US-East

ID: 1-S2-1-2070900

Reasons: I've always wanted to be a keeper. I've loved this game ever since I first started playing, and I want to give back of myself to the game, to the community, and to DR, to show my appreciation. It's the reason I donated, and the reason I wish to do my part to help keep the community clean.

Here's a replay from a long time ago with extremely obvious reportable things. 8580 Blatant hacking (the game itself said so, "Error 002: Invalid roles list"), name abuse...

I have another replay of an obvious laghacker, but the site won't let me upload because for some ungodly reason the replay is 15.24 MB. The replay is only 12 minutes long, but the game itself was over an hour long. I sat through the whole thing; the game actually continued to lag after the lagger himself left the game. Very strange. Unless his laghack allowed him to let the lag window show someone else as lagging. After the person who kept showing up in the lag window left, the game continued to lag (at about 5-6 seconds per game second) but without a lag window popping up anymore.

Raptorblaze
January 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM
@Glip Error:002 means someone set the random mafia options so they had no possible role, and therefore defaulted to citizen.

Glip
January 9th, 2013, 09:04 PM
@Glip Error:002 means someone set the random mafia options so they had no possible role, and therefore defaulted to citizen.

And the game allows you to start with settings that force an invalid result from randoms?

Raptorblaze
January 9th, 2013, 09:06 PM
And the game allows you to start with settings that force an invalid result from randoms?

I said the same thing to Rev a long time ago :P I believe the new randoms eliminated the issue.

Mugy
January 9th, 2013, 09:11 PM
I said the same thing to Rev a long time ago :P I believe the new randoms eliminated the issue.

Town power still has the impossible roles scenario

ika
January 9th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Username(ingame): ika
Realm: US-Central
ID: 1-S2-1-3858888
(not i dunno if those are 6es 8s on my sc id so im putting 8)

Reasons for wanting to be Keeper: Well I am in collage right now and have a part time job. but other then that I don't have much going on in my life and not much to do. Me being a keeper would allow me to do something during down time when I'm not at work or collage. Another thing is I love to look over the replays and watch. I will admit i am a troll on sc2 mafia (and saying that will prob hurt the application) but I don't cheat, hack, or do stuff like that. I do troll saves and I like to help ppl get role wins in some trolls but I can play a legit save and do it well. I have a passion for this game and I can stand trolls and the occasional role-quit that hurt us. I always loved to look at other peoples replays and watch them and see where the gamethrow/cheat/greif happened in the reports that I can see. For me it would allow me to do something when I have down time or am dead in maf. I would say i will need some mentoring and some help, but in the long run im deticated and hardworking

2 replays:
the first is survivor for fun 8584
the second is a report of a game i played earlier today and filed a report on 8585

TheDarkWizard
January 9th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Username(ingame): DarkWizard
ID: 1-S2-1-3596039

I've been a long-time fan of the Revenant and oops_ur_dead also knows me quite well. As we are all too familiar with, cheaters and griefers can quickly and easily destroy several games of Mafia in a few minutes. Although reinforced moderation can help combat this, reports must be kept fairly judged to avoid denying fair players the right to play a game of Mafia. My experience can be vouched by those that I've referenced.

Replay: 8679

--TheDarkWizard

Elixir
January 10th, 2013, 01:34 AM
http://swiftor.com/attachments/f2/14997d1346877016t-gameon-casters-make-list-dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

Let me know if you need me to oversee some of these prospective applicants, Raptor.

AppleyNO
January 10th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Required
Username(ingame): Appley
Realm: North America
ID: 1-S2-1-576085

Preferred
Reasons for wanting to be Keeper: I have always wanted to become a keeper in order to help out the community that I spent so much time at.
(A replay of one game you were in) - 8605

XxZeroxX
January 10th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Username: Zero — Prefer not to list character code publicly.
Realm: North American
Starcraft ID: 1-S2-1-464805

Reason for interest:
My personal interest for things like these is strongly based around the thought that I don't enjoy when others abuse and ruin the entertainment of the game. There is no way to fully prevent people from ruining it, but to be able to assist in controlling and lessening the issues is what sticks out the most. I'm not entirely sure what 'Keeper' entails beyond player reports, but I'm fairly certain the process starts with that.

I've done game and forum moderation in the past so I am familiar with both the player mindset and the forum layout. I'm also avid map maker from both Starcraft 1 (@UsEast) for 8 years and StarCraft 2 for about the past 2-3 years with some additional time during the Beta. I've personally played about 1700-1800 games of Mafia and am very knowledgeable of the mechanics of the game and the ways people are abusing them.

As with my past posts and this one, I do tend to put a lot of time into making sure things are detailed and clear when typing. To be honest, I would have added more to this thread, but it feels a little awkward putting too much in if what is requested is somewhat of a "I'm curious why."

Replay: Attached below.

TwentyTwo
January 10th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Username(ingame): TwentyTwo
Realm: North America
ID: 1-S2-1-1224965

Reasons for wanting to be Keeper: I have a vast knowledge of mafia, and how the mechanics work. I would like to volunteer my time by filing reports accurately and to fight off hackers. I am very knowledgeable on how to detect skypers, hackers/cheaters and point hackers; I would like to use this skill to help the community. I simply want to give back all I can. I also have very good judgment when determining if someone game threw or was griefing. I am confident my judgment can decipher trolling/ stupidity from gamethrowing/griefing, which I have had to appeal in some cases. Due to this, I want to reduce future appeals, and serve correct justice.

Ambient
January 10th, 2013, 10:32 PM
http://swiftor.com/attachments/f2/14997d1346877016t-gameon-casters-make-list-dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

:blink1:

Fatalis
January 10th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Username: Predator
Realm: NA
ID:1-S2-1-3085546

Reason for Wanting to be a Keeper: I want to make sc2mafia a better custom game as a whole. While I'm not necessarily a good player, I have vast knowledge of the game mechanics and the usual offenses. I used to troll, skype, bank hack, grief, party, you name it(probably gonna hurt my image as a keeper). But from those experiences I know which players cheats and who doesn't. I love this site and want to contribute as much as possible.

Replays: Just upgraded to windows 8 so this is a random game I played a few days back

Brendan
January 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Username(ingame): Brendan
ID: 1-S2-1-2604076

I don't know if I would ever watch replays, but I would like to determine punishments. I could also take up the mantle of appeal judge. Yes, I made up my own position. Appeals sound fun to me. I don't have any replays to upload, as I am on my phone, but there are plenty on the forum already.

Auckmid
January 10th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Username(ingame): Emosapien
ID: 1-S2-1-1959865

Preferred
Reasons for wanting to be Keeper: Similar to Mintberry, watching replays is actualy something I find somewhat enjoyable. Also, I spend much more time then I would like to admit on this website as it is, so doing reports would be a way in which I can actualy be helpful.

FrostByte
January 11th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Required
Username(ingame): FrostByte
ID: 1-S2-1-630944

Preferred
Reasons for wanting to be Keeper: I feel like the staff could benefit from having me on it. I'm educated and intelligent when I need to be (i.e when doing reports). I want to be a keeper because I actually like the mafia community and want to help it prosper.

biersteker
January 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Username(ingame):BIERSTEKER
Realm: EU
ID: 2-S2-1-1114398

It took me more then a year to get 19.1k points. I play a lot, and have reported a few hackers, and one or two gamethrowers. I help players in game, but I really hate gamehackers. I also have a good bankfile, so I spot bankfile hackers allmost instantly. I have very good understanding of the game, and the way it works. But the fact is, there are a lot of trolls/griefers/hackers on the EU server. And as I can recall only CmG and Luna are mods on EU, so they have a buttload of work, and im happy to assist in any way possible, even as InGame moderator, or just by reviewing reports and replays. I have played a lot of Mafia, but i never donated, so I hope i can contribute more then just giving DR money. (Btw, does DR accept bitcoins?). I just realize i have played with a lot of ppl here on the forums, Luna CmG BorkBot etc. And final reason: CmG made me do it. :>

(I have lost my most epic replay. 7v1 as disguiser, but thats an other story.)
Im also in the replay of RLVG. Im the root shitizen.

Duzero
January 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
yay for more EU mods (in-game).

Dark.Revenant
January 11th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Required
Username(ingame): DarkRevenant
ID: 1-S2-1-689689

Preferred
I don't want to be a keeper, but I thought I'd show my support for Mafia by applying to the job!

Also I think TheDarkWizard is the best candidate who applied so far.

Fatalis
January 11th, 2013, 09:52 PM
LOL WHAT

Jim
January 11th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Required

Preferred
I don't want to be a keeper, but I thought I'd show my support for Mafia by applying to the job!

nepotism and no replay so not official.

Elixir
January 12th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Username(ingame): Brendan
ID: 1-S2-1-2604076

I don't know if I would ever watch replays, but I would like to determine punishments.

HI. I DONT WANT TO WATCH REPLAYS AND SHIT I JUST WANNA BAN CUNTS

SINCERLY BRENDAN.

RLVG
January 12th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Username(ingame):
RLVG

Realm:
Europe

ID:
2-S2-1-2157904

I've been a fan of Mafia and that I have played it for ages.
For playing so long, I have been playing for thousand games with a good knowledge of mechanics.
At one point I deleted my bankfile as a fresh restart, giving a solid reason to continue playing after almost everything were achieved.

The sad truth is that there's cheaters and griefers hidden between the group of fair players, ruining games in matter of seconds once they start.
Out of the thousand games I've seen almost every trick in the sleeve by those rulebreakers.

Having a sense of justice, I don't allow this behavior to continue and I'd like to contribute by supporting in reducing the amount of rulebreakers and let the fair players have a good experience.

Outside of this signup, I've submitted multiple reports.

Replay of a game that I've been in :
Most of my replays vanished for some strange reason, so I'll be submitting a recent one.

Outside of the replay, there's multiple reports and those should also count.

AppleyNO
January 12th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Required

Preferred

GG guys. Guess we lost.

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Tentative start date is January 19th, asked for approval from the assisting staff. I'll post a new announcement when it's been approved or changed.

Admiral
January 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Just putting this out here but I'm pretty sure I'm just as qualified as Brendan for this position.

You may want to consider that.

Duzero
January 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/images/styles/DarkCore/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by creedkingsx http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/images/styles/DarkCore/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=265101#post265101)

Yes. Fill out the form.

I lol'd.

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Just putting this out here but I'm pretty sure I'm just as qualified as Brendan for this position.

You may want to consider that.

You'll notice I didn't add brendan to The List(tm) in the OP

Admiral
January 12th, 2013, 05:24 PM
What if I applied?

Mugy
January 12th, 2013, 05:48 PM
What if I applied?

I'm pretty sure I'm just as qualified as Brendan for this position.

You'll notice I didn't add brendan to The List(tm) in the OP
something

Jr4life24
January 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Required

Preferred

He lives?

Lazers
January 16th, 2013, 05:50 PM
why would you want to be a keeper

Brendan
January 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Put me on list pls. I deserve a fair shot.

Nick
January 17th, 2013, 04:54 AM
why would you want to be a keeper

To poison the system from within!

CardiffKilla
January 18th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Username: CardiffKilla
Realm: Europe
ID: 2-S2-1-854347

Veteran Mafia player. Totally familiar with the mechanics of the game. I'd relish the opportunity to help out the mafia community as a Keeper.