PDA

View Full Version : Transitional Black Screen

Cinaeth
August 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
So I reinstalled SC2 recently, and started playing this again ( it reset my points, but that's not what this is about ). I notice that during load up, when I get to the settings chat room, I have a black screen. I can hear the gun noise for when it's supposed to say "Mafia". A few seconds later, the game is normal. Once the game starts, I get the black again, hear my role's voice, and a few seconds later I can see again. Sometimes I get to see the title of my role, sometimes I don't see anything until the cam switches to Town center. Day / Night work fine, but any transition from day to night, or vice-versa result in this few seconds of black screen. It's especially annoying when you have an investigative role, and you have to check your log to see what happened when you can't see.

Anyone else having this problem? This is the version where the loading screen has kanji-like letters in the upper left, and Cosa in the upper right. The version I played that didn't do the black screen had "Bad words" in the upper right. I also remember the tip in the non-working version says mafia + witch can win together. The working version warned invest roles that GF can be immune to detection.

Dark.Revenant
August 13th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Those are not Kanji, those are Hanzi. Mafia was given an official Chinese translation recently.

Also, there is no particular difference between versions that could conceivably cause this issue. What localization of StarCraft II are you using, what are your system specs (including vid card), and what settings are you running the game on?

Cinaeth
August 13th, 2011, 09:23 PM
US SC2

Check the attachment for my specs...

And another for my SC2 Video settings.

Dark.Revenant
August 13th, 2011, 09:35 PM
There might be a bug in your copy of the game that causes the fade filter to be displayed on top of dialog boxes instead of under them, like everyone else. It's not to do with the Mafia map itself. You should report this to blizzard.

Cinaeth
August 14th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks, DR. I'll run the repair agent and if that doesn't work, try a fresh install again. If I need to, is there any way to save my points? I don't whana lose em again D:

Dark.Revenant
August 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM
They are contained within the MBank13 file in documents.