PDA

View Full Version : Puzzles & Forum Games

BorkBot
January 5th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Suggesting to change the title of the Puzzles subforum to Puzzles and Forum Games.

It's been a trend lately to play other forum games besides FM. There have been survival games and an Imperium game going on and now it looks like someone's looking to start a forum based RPG and another person wants to do pokemon battles. They're all being posted in General Discussion...

The Puzzles section itself has seen limited use, and merging non-mafia forum games into this subsection seems fitting. And it could help clean up the boards a bit too.

All the current game threads could be moved there.

Glip
January 5th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Only problem is that the Puzzles subforum still counts for post count, so moving all these little side games we play there would lead to an arbitrary inflation of post counts for everyone. It would also encourage less-than-valuable posts in said games.

Unless of course we stop counting posts in Puzzles, which would then only leave Mafia Disc, Site disc, and Serious disc as countable posts...

BorkBot
January 5th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I don't care about post count. Just disable it if it's that important. It's not like people can't also post less than valuable posts in puzzle threads.

Fatalis
January 5th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah shouldn't be any post counts there, but I'm not sure if renaming is 100% necessary, they are more or less still puzzle-ish (look at survival quest)
DOWN WITH THE FARMERS

Glip
January 5th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I don't care about post count. Just disable it if it's that important. It's not like people can't also post less than valuable posts in puzzle threads.

That's true. Post count probably should have been disabled in Puzzles the whole time.

But post count does matter, as it is used for unlocking some things like VIP and the ability to use the report function ingame, if Oops implements it.

EDIT: If post count gets disabled in Puzzles, my post count is going to go back down to like, 200 :P

creedkingsx
January 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM
If it helps, people ca pm me their idea for their game first and I can judge if it just seems like they are trying to inflate their post count before allowing them to post.

BorkBot
January 5th, 2013, 06:36 PM
If it helps, people ca pm me their idea for their game first and I can judge if it just seems like they are trying to inflate their post count before allowing them to post.

I think the issue isn't so much the people running the game as it's players spamming the thread with more posts than they need to. That's kind of similar to spamming puzzle answers though.

Damus_Graves
January 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Suggestion:
Remove post count in the Puzzle section

Then this idea will work very well.

Roflcopter
January 5th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Rename puzzle section to forum games, puzzles COUNT as games on the forums anyway, why make it so specific?

And remove post count.

Brendan
January 5th, 2013, 08:58 PM
As unofficial site discussion moderator, I approve of this suggestion.

oops_ur_dead
January 5th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Sure why not.