PDA

View Full Version : Disguiser Bug

Ruffles
August 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM
So a troll of a Godfather gave away a Consig and Disguiser (me) away the first night and left. Despite the loss of the Godfather and very quickly the Consig three nights after, I managed to live for another 4 or 5 nights when a Serial Killer attacked me. (Keep in mind that I'm a Disguiser who disguised and was turned Mafioso after the Consig-turned-GF was lynched earlier in the game) The text of the yellow "Someone tried to attack you but you have something something conventional shit" showed. Am I suppose to be invulnerable at night even though I'm a Disguised Townie plus Mafioso?

Dark.Revenant
August 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Were you in jail?

Ruffles
August 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
nope

Dark.Revenant
August 12th, 2011, 08:09 PM
There's no way this happened like you said it did. The immunity-handling stuff has never given anyone problem.

It's not disguiser/mafioso-specific, either.

Edit: I read your statement again:

"Someone tried to attack you but you have something something conventional shit"

... There are two messages that happen. To the person attacked:
<s val="ModLeftSize16Bold"><c val="FFFF00">Someone tried to kill you, but you survived their attack.</c></s>

To the person who is doing the attacking (YOU):
<s val="ModLeftSize16Bold"><c val="FFFF00">Your target survived your attack! Tonight, he has immunity to conventional attacks.</c></s>

It's you who read the message incorrectly.

Ruffles
August 12th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Well, to be honest I only remember the word conventional and the text being yellow, if I have the replay I would have gladly posted it but I didn't realize it when I closed it.

Ask Spinx about it, he was in the game with me.

Dark.Revenant
August 12th, 2011, 08:58 PM
If you attack someone and they're immune, you get that yellow message.

Not a bug.

Ruffles
August 12th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Wait, that's impossible to get that message then. Considering I'm in jail, even if I'm the Godfather I wouldn't have been able to kill. Scratch the word conventional then, I did indeed see something in yellow though.

Ruffles
August 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Oh you know what? Forget it. Considering I haven't provided ample evidence to support this bug, might as well delete this thread. It's not like you believe me anyway.

Dark.Revenant
August 12th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Both messages are yellow, meaning it's inconclusive.

Lesson learned: change the unsuccessful-kill message to Lime.

Narks
August 12th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Lesson learned: change the unsuccessful-kill message to Hot Pink.