PDA

View Full Version : Donating question

Deadlytalon
August 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Ok so if I donate, I get all that cool stuff like no name restrictions etc. The question I was wondering is, whats the donate limit to recieve that stuff ? Do you only recieve some if you only donate a certain ammount etc ?

Rumpel1408
August 12th, 2011, 10:29 AM
According to the Mafia Merchandise (http://www.cafepress.com/CouncilOfMages) 3 €, or however the US equivalent is, is not realy enough do get Donatorcodes at least, but I gues because DR doens't get all the Money from Merchandise and already gives Donator status if you Donate by Paypal/Amazone. At the End it's up to you how much Mafia is worth for you.

Deadlytalon
August 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Well its honestly worth alot to me, but my bills are high :D, So my plan was to donate like $5 a week or something, and if they had a blackberry curve case, i might get 1 of those ;) ;) lol

Deadlytalon
August 12th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Well sent out my first donation :)

fred
August 12th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Glad to hear about your support :) Donators ftw.

Deadlytalon
August 12th, 2011, 11:53 AM
This mod is alot of fun its worth it to help it keep going and to see what comes next.

Dark.Revenant
August 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Thank you for donating!

I don't raise the price of the button past its default ($3.50) so I don't get anything from the purchase of one. The rest of the items (except the cup) are equivalent to a $1.50-$8.50 donation, depending on the item. Generally the minimum I pay attention to in most cases is $1 (the minimum I specified on Amazon).

Someone tried to donate $0.02 a couple months ago, which basically translates to "jack shit" in PayPal and Amazon's eyes, as I get nothing. People have tried to donate 1 unit of their currency, such as 1 NOK, which translates to about $0.18 and thus "jack shit" in PayPal's eyes, as once again I get nothing. (Keep in mind, Norway has a high standard of living, similar to the UK in terms of how expensive stuff is when the currency is converted to dollars, despite the exchange rate being poor.)

The minimum is so people don't try to abuse the system, like the guys who paid less than a dollar for the Humble Indie Bundle (the lowest reasonable price IMO is the average price Linux users paid, or $10, but even $5 is understandable if you don't like most of the games in the bundle).

CaressMeTenderly
August 12th, 2011, 02:02 PM
lol i paid .01 cent and bought like 100 indie bundles