PDA

View Full Version : Should permanent bans be permanent?

tiloup1441
December 28th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Permanent punishments are, in my opinion, ridiculous.
They should be a max of 4 months, in my opinion.
Discuss.

Edit : By that i mean for example permanent bans for trolling. If someone is doing repeatedly severe crimes (ie nudity posting) then he should be permabanned, but not for simple trolling ie archangel

Damus_Graves
December 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Perma Bans are not handed out willy nilly. There are deeper, more serious, reasons that predate the ban itself. If someone was unjustly permabanned I feel that the powers that be would step in and object.

creedkingsx
December 28th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Personally, I am switchy on this subject. It is kind of like the argument for capital punishment in the USA. Albeit, no where near as life threatening for obvious reasons, but proportionally the same idea.

Because I feel this could spark potential conversation, I will move it to site disc under the terms that this remains a classy conversation.

tiloup1441
December 28th, 2012, 11:44 PM
added a poll

Edit : if you can change polls, add an option ' depends '

Jim
December 28th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I think that if the person is
1.Not a smurf
2.Just a troll
3.Didn't break rules like nudity or site promoting consantly.
4.Had a cool name
They should be let back in.

Raptorblaze
December 29th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Considering that 99% of our permabans are spambots, I tend to disagree with OP. Archangel was permabanned after over a year of nigh constant rule violations and at least 3 "second chances"

Jim
December 29th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Considering that 99% of our permabans are spambots, I tend to disagree with OP. Archangel was permabanned after over a year of nigh constant rule violations and at least 3 "second chances"

Well the rules are so... flexible.
"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."
Every single person who posts in CJ is obscene, vulgar, and hateful at times. I don't see Archangel ever being sexually-oriented or threatening so I just think the rules are left too much to each mods mood rather than an actual guidelines. I personally don't understand you saying consant rule violations.

Raptorblaze
December 29th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Well the rules are so... flexible.
"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."
Every single person who posts in CJ is obscene, vulgar, and hateful at times. I don't see Archangel ever being sexually-oriented or threatening so I just think the rules are left too much to each mods mood rather than an actual guidelines. I personally don't understand you saying consant rule violations.

162 infraction threads on archangel in the last year. Assuming he was active 365 days a year and averaging it out that means he did something warranting an infraction over 44% of the days he was on the forums. Add to that the fact that he's been banned for awhile now and had several bans during that year and it's certainly much higher. I think he set a record.

Admiral
December 29th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I believe in permabans.

This is coming from someone who is permanently banned from the sc2mafia map on 3 accounts.

I stole and leaked several donor codes. Had a chat with Dark.Revenant. He's an alright guy once you get to talking, but, I wasn't going to suddenly give up trolling because of that.

oops_ur_dead
December 29th, 2012, 02:42 PM
One idea I had was that people who are permabanned for reasons like trolling and being dumb would be allowed only to post in circlejerk, but if they stepped out of line there, then they get perma'd for good.

Ash
December 29th, 2012, 03:30 PM
One idea I had was that people who are permabanned for reasons like trolling and being dumb would be allowed only to post in circlejerk, but if they stepped out of line there, then they get perma'd for good.
that seems like a good idea.

tiloup1441
December 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM

Yeah, that would work

Jim
December 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Just putting them as a perma-restricted user seems a lot more fair than just banning them all together.

FYRE
December 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Perma Bans are not handed out willy nilly. There are deeper, more serious, reasons that predate the ban itself. If someone was unjustly permabanned I feel that the powers that be would step in and object.

Do you really?

SuperJack
January 1st, 2013, 04:27 PM
They should be forever! I like places where I know the rude game spoiling players will be stopped, so that i can have some fun, the chance of them being allowed to come back would not make me feel comfortable.

Damus_Graves
January 1st, 2013, 04:29 PM
They should be forever! I like places where I know the rude game spoiling players will be stopped, so that i can have some fun, the chance of them being allowed to come back would not make me feel comfortable.

We are talking about bans on the site

SuperJack
January 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM
We are talking about bans on the site

Forums are a game in my eyes ;)

Yayap
January 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hmm... Irony.

tiloup1441 is not permabanned... but you won't be seeing him anytime soon.

Raptorblaze
January 1st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Hmm... Irony.

I think its funny that everyone who voted no has been banned in the past...

Brendan
January 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM

lol

Damus_Graves
January 1st, 2013, 07:12 PM
Hmm... Irony.

Indeed.

@Mintberry

How does an Smod get you banned by his fault?

Jim
January 1st, 2013, 07:14 PM

My being banned was your fault...

Raptorblaze
January 1st, 2013, 07:19 PM
My being banned was your fault...

Hardly.

Oh that, no I meant your original account.

Jim
January 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Hardly.

Oh that, no I meant your original account.

O you mean in SC2 not on the forums, ya.... but that was a misunderstanding also.

tiloup1441
January 1st, 2013, 10:09 PM
The real story about me being mad was that i got an infraction for saying slaol wasnt an mvp or yayap, and that he was a casual. it was worth 2-3 points. i wouldnt really fucking care but the thing is this website's mods and admins dont even fucking care about how the mods abuse. so fuck off retards slaol is a mother fucker and will stay a mother fucker. Fuck sc2 mafia and this 1 year ban

tiloup1441
January 1st, 2013, 10:09 PM
wtf i have 115 infractions lmao

Damus_Graves
January 1st, 2013, 10:10 PM
Tiloup is Permabanned

^^

tiloup1441
January 1st, 2013, 10:11 PM
sounds mad tbh i hacked the website to unban myself and im about to ddos it dont care if u follow a legal course its gg ur forum

tiloup1441
January 1st, 2013, 10:12 PM
Hmm... Irony.

how soon is anytime soon

tiloup1441
January 1st, 2013, 10:14 PM
btw i also got infracted for my elder scrolls online thread fuck you creed

Crimson
January 2nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Permaban to accounts, sure.. why not?

Killerd33
September 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM
i agree with perman bans people who wont listen to reason or change their ways to play the game the right way should not be allowed to play but if someone were to say they were going to change and actually did it id tell em go buy a new version of sc2 cause your banned account probably going to stay banned