PDA

View Full Version : Guide for newcommers, so it's easier to join community.

Fajer
December 27th, 2012, 05:21 PM
As a newbie i would like to know how the site works. How to join proffessional games or view the results of them. Or even what the signups are and hpw to join. this would also make the community larger!!

Brendan
December 27th, 2012, 05:30 PM
There aren't really "professional" games.
We do have FM, M-FM, and S-FM though.
These are the long form of mafia and often feature unique roles not seen in the sc2 version.

Ash
December 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM
As a newbie i would like to know how the site works. How to join proffessional games or view the results of them. Or even what the signups are and hpw to join. this would also make the community larger!!
Don't listen to Brendan, the forum's biggest noob.
As he said, there are 3 categorized FMs.
the Big normal FM - where the most professionalized players join to play. One is currently in session, maybe by January it will end.
M-FM - Smaller game than a normal FM. I'm not sure when the next one will start
S-FM - Smaller than M-FM I think, and I recommend you to play one. There are many of them occasionally

Cryptonic
December 27th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Just visit the Mini-Forum Mafia subforum.

Here is some of the key information:
How to play forum mafia games. (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/5842-How-to-play-forum-mafia-games)
S-FM vs M-FM (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4234-S-FM-vs-M-FM-%28Read-This%29)

SuperJack
December 27th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hello Fajer! I'm also new to this community :) Your from Sweden, Stockholm? My Girlfriend is from there and there for a week:D Shes visiting her perents for new years :)

Its just like any other forum, it has its individuals, and its unique parts. The long games look fun though, maybe we will kill each other one day :)

Fajer
December 27th, 2012, 06:27 PM
thanks!! all of you. this community is awsome!!
if u want to impress your girlfriend you can tell her:
tjena snygging :D
it means whats up hottie and "tj" is spoken like the beginning of chair:D

Lysergic
December 27th, 2012, 09:38 PM
If someone wants to make a nicely formatted guide thread, I will put it in an appropriate forum and sticky it (and +rep the person who makes it).

I don't have time right now.

If you need an example of what I want, look at the R&D Superthread (if you have VIP/Donor). That has a lot of good BBCode examples, too.

SuperJack
December 28th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I got the tj part... but i cant speak the rest of the word :)
(I find it difficult to learn new sounds/words and speak them)

Fajer
December 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM
i see, but dont think i can teach you in words :D
try type it in google translate on swedish and click the listen button if u want to learn.
and if it works say "grymt" (grimt) it means awsome