PDA

View Full Version : Game wouldn't start? Replay attached

Alpr
August 11th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I just left a game of mafia where the host repicked (which ended up on me) and then after the game started, it froze where you're supposed to pick names. It never got to the name menu, just the transition between it. The clock for picking settings remained counting down as well. When it hit 0:00, it still didn't start the game so I finally left.

I don't know if it was because of a lagger or something (no lag screen ever popped up) but I have a replay attached.

Edit: I just played another game. Same thing happened when I was host. Might have to do with some of the new settings?

Edit2: Just played a game where I WAS NOT host. Game locked up as well. I finally got in a decent game though.

PercMastaFTW
August 11th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah, its weird.

Also, why does the random town have the option "Eat Babies"? 0.o

EDIT: its Basic town... 0.o

fred
August 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Note: This is definitely a bug for the EU version

philie
August 11th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Yes, basic town has an option to eat babies, and every mafia role "becomes mafioso if alone" Does that mean i want to have a GF, a mafioso/consi, and then a random mafia? cause thats the only way to ensure mafia can always kill now....

NorthStar
August 11th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, basic town has an option to eat babies, and every mafia role "becomes mafioso if alone" Does that mean i want to have a GF, a mafioso/consi, and then a random mafia? cause thats the only way to ensure mafia can always kill now....

What server do you play on? EU?

Dark.Revenant
August 11th, 2011, 03:26 PM
It's a problem with the Mafia roles. I'm releasing a fix on US momentarily; EU is fucked until tomorrow.

To avoid it: Only use Random Mafia and Advanced Mafia to random to mafia roles. If you let any of the Any random slots hit mafia or if you use a Basic Mafia slot, you will be fukt.

And no, I won't get a EU copy right now because of two issues:
Minor issue: All existing popularity and bookmarks are lost.
Major issue: It's expensive and I have to save every penny for affording a car to go to college in.

Clawtrocity
August 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM
CATASTROPHIC RANDOM ERROR 003

Felt cool

Dark.Revenant
August 11th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Was this when someone left during the period just after the 15s start?

Clawtrocity
August 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Probably. People didn't like my setup and someone might of left then if not just before the 15 second timer was up.