PDA

View Full Version : Improve Account Registration

Ash
December 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Ok, I hate not being able to make a new account in these forums because it limits you to only 1 account per IP. (Or so I've heard)

I was on Starcraft II yesterday, and I was in a lobby in Mafia. Some people recognized me because I am a popular reviewer of Mafia. My review is on the top 5. They told me they couldn't register, and I figured it's because the account registration system is trash. COMPLETE TRASH.

ADMINS PLEASE FIX.

This thread is sponsored by the APF and the Blazer Supporters.

Roflcopter
December 23rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
and did you get blazers permission for THIS thread too?

On a more serious note, I would like to be able to make multiple accounts on same IP, but have it be easy for mods/keepers to figure out.

Ash
December 23rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
and did you get blazers permission for THIS thread too?

On a more serious note, I would like to be able to make multiple accounts on same IP, but have it be easy for mods/keepers to figure out.
Yes.

IMO, there should a maximum of 2-5 accounts.
Say, what if a newcomer joins the forums and he makes an account. He plans to donate and then he forgot his password, and then he can't make another new account? It would be a shame...

RLVG
December 23rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Benefital for spam bots that succeed the registration or smurfs.

Why would you forget your password?
You make an account with password - you have recovery options available.

It's not like those specific downloads you're after (Here's an example : FO3 Anti-Crash Patch), I had to Google->Go to a Random Site->Download are unavailable to guests->Register an account->Take the patch->Leave the site, with an unintented spam by making an account that's never used.

This is a forum for SC2 Mafia, or possible Mafia FM - the site offers no actual download or such like that, the reason you make an account is to join the community.

Nick
December 23rd, 2012, 08:25 PM
The website called my smurf spammer. I feel insulted.

Mugy
December 25th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Email confirmations currently aren't working. Yapyap manually approves them daily. Just wait a day or so.

Roflcopter
December 25th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Email confirmations currently aren't working. Yapyap manually approves them daily. Just wait a day or so.

The suggestion here is to make it so the same email can make smurfs.

Mugy
December 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM
They told me they couldn't register

I was responding to this part :(