PDA

View Full Version : Disguising as Mason

Snowyowl
August 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Hello!

I curios if the current way it works when a Disguiser disguises himself as a Mason is the best and most logical way.

If you have 3 Masons, lets call the Mason 1, 2 and 3 along with a Disguiser, this is what it looks like before and after the Disguiser has killed one of them.

Before

Mason 1
Your allies are Mason 2 and Mason 3.
Mason 2
Your allies are Mason 1 and Mason 3.
Mason 3
Your allies are Mason 2 and Mason 1.

Disguiser kills and disguises himself as Mason 2.
Disguiser has been killed by the Mafia, Disguisers role was Mason.

After

Mason 1
Your allies are Disguiser and Mason 3.
Mason 2
Standard disguiser ability text.
Mason 3
Your allies are Disguiser and Mason 3.

Note that Disguiser, Mason 1-3 are player names.

Is it supposed to be like this? It makes the Disguiser a clear target after he's disguised himself, since his old self appears as the Masons ally and the Masons can then simply call out the name of their "old" ally who still appears to be alive.

I dont know if this is a bug, maybe it's just the way it's supposed to be (i.e. the Disguiser has to be more careful when there are Masons around and the Masons can give the Town an easy lynch.)
But anyway, this is the way it works currently.

SilentShadow
August 10th, 2011, 10:49 AM
You will appear to be the mason that you disguised as so they will see the same three people as masons. But they will know one of them isn't a mason. They will have to decide (shouldn't be that hard) which person is the fake mason.

Cyber_Cheese
August 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
this sounds like something that should be an option
if the disguiser has the role-cleaning on, this should be as is, and if its off it should hide him with the masons imo
pretending to be a mason with both of the 'options' in his favour would let him get away with it far too often

Nick
August 10th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I disagree...

You can't attend 2 meetings at once... mason and mafia meetings...

Then again, how can we spy 2 meetings at once?

Snowyowl
August 10th, 2011, 12:59 PM
My mainstream concern is not the inability of the disguiser to chat with the other masons, but mainly the fact that on the other masons' alliance list, the disguised Mason's name is changed to the previous name of the Disguiser. So when the masons realise that suddenly one of their allies are no longer their ally and that the person who just died (the previous name of the Disguiser) now shows up as their ally instead of the Disguiser (in Masonform)

PercMastaFTW
August 10th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Waiiit, this is what im getting... Youre saying when the disguiser disguises, he doesnt die, and keeps his name? Here, lemme give an example:

Mason 1
Mason 2
Mason 3
John (The disguiser)

night:
-John uses his ability on mason 2, and disguises as him

Next Day:
-John was shot at close range.

Mason 1
Mason 2 (the disguiser)
Mason 3

Isn't that what youre talking about? Or am I not understanding you clearly? lmao

But yeah, they have to decide who is the mason who died, which should be easy considering one of them won't talk.

EDIT: Oh, are you saying its a bug that shows a mason as the original disguisers name?

Snowyowl
August 10th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Exactly, on the other Masons' alliance list on the role card, the original Disguiser's name is shown instead of the targeted Mason. I can see how this confuses people.

I'll try to make it clearer:

John - Disguiser
Rob - Mason
Bob - Mason
Blob - Mason

This is what it says on the Masons' rolecards before John kills Bob and disguises himself as Bob.

Rob - (Mason)
Your allies are Bob (Mason) and Blob (Mason).
Bob - (Mason)
Your allies are Rob (Mason) and Blob (Mason).
Blob - (Mason)
Your allies are Rob (Mason) and Bob (Mason).

John kills Bob and disguises himself as Bob.
John has been killed by the Mafia, John's role was Mason.
The player previously known as John is now playing the character called Bob.

This is what it says on the Masons' rolecards after the kill.

Rob - (Mason)
Your allies are John (Mason, dead) and Blob (Mason).
Bob - (Mason, controlled by the Disguiser)
Standard disguiser ability text.
Blob - (Mason)
Your allies are John (Mason, dead) and Rob (Mason).

Dark.Revenant
August 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Intended. Masons know each other more than anyone else; if one of them is dead, they know it for sure.

Masons are a direct counter to Disguisers and this is why.

(Also, it requires a bunch of really annoying code to make it work the other way around.)

Snowyowl
August 10th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Intended. Masons know each other more than anyone else; if one of them is dead, they know it for sure.

Masons are a direct counter to Disguisers and this is why.

(Also, it requires a bunch of really annoying code to make it work the other way around.)

Thank you for the clarification!