PDA

View Full Version : s-fm Forge

Chane
December 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
in the land of god knows where the time can be described as our medieval era. And in a town known as Eldûr lies the Crimson Blade forge. the forge is used to craft the finest of weapons for the paladins of the holy empire yet some beings decide they should claim its power for themselves. one day there was a loud bang coming from the forge, two thieves had infiltrated the forge and they stole as much as they could carry. one of them was an assassin whom stole a whole arsenal of eleven blades to use for his deeds, the other was an evil wizard looking to claim the forges intense heat and arcane power to fuel his wicked spells. though the thieves worked together to plunder the forge they now seek to claim the entire town for themselves. its now up to the blacksmith and the knights and guards of the town of Eldûr to protect that which they rightfully own and retrieve the forge's stolen goods.

Role list (11)

The Killers
Assassin
Pyromancer

The Wicked
[natural being]
[natural being]

The Townsfolk of Eldûr
Blacksmith
Paladin
Guard
Guard
Guard
Peasant
Peasant

Possible roles:
Natural Evil: Assassin, Pyromancer
Natural Benign: Court Jester, Conscript, Executioner, Amnesiac
Townsfolk: Peasant, Blacksmith, Paladin, Sheriff, Stable-keeper, Stalker, War-chief, Archer, Priest, Squire, Gravekeeper

Role cards:

Assassin
-kill one person every night
special one use abilities
-sanitize your night killing (charge is not consumed if the killing is not successful)
-perform a spree killing at somebodies house
-kill 2 people at night (you won't be able to take any action the night after using this)
passives
-one use auto vest at night
-immune to sheriff detection

Pyromancer
-douse somebody at night OR burn all previously doused targets
special one use abilities
-cast a fireball at your target instead of dousing them, instantly killing them though all healing/invul and sanitizing your kill
-cast a ring of fire at night which will kill everybody who visits you that night, does not pierce any protection

Court Jester
-win by getting lynched during the day
-select one guilty voter to die
-can annoy somebody at night

Conscript
-win by surviving to the end regardless of who wins
-has 2 pieces of armor plating that will protect against anything
-armor must be manually used at night

Executioner
-see your target get lynched
-target is always town
-survive until the end
-has one auto-use vest

Amnesiac
-remember a role from the graveyard
-can not become a killing role unless a killer dies before the dawn of the third day

Blacksmith
-craft one piece of armor or one sword at night
-a piece of armor acts as one bullet proof vest for a night, the sword as one vigilante bullet
-hand this piece of craftsmanship to one of the townsfolk at night, they will receive it at the end of night and be able to use it the night following.

Paladin
-detect one persons set of possible roles at night

Stable-Keeper
-switch the position of 2 people at night
-can target self

Stalker
-follow one person at night learning who they visited

War-Chief
-a veteran of war and combat with the ability to stand guard at his house at night and kill all whom visit him
-has 2 Axes

Archer
-shoot one person at night
-pierces one layer of armor
-has 2 arrows

Priest
-heal one person at night protecting them from physical harm

Squire
-defend a person at night, killing an intruder that attempts to kill your target
-dies in the dual
-cannot defend against magic such as fireballs

Gravekeeper
-can target one dead person at night
-learns that targets role
-learns that targets last night target(s)

Peasant
-has the power of vote!
-if for any reasons the peasant is unable to work and or pay taxes he still has the power of vote!

OoO

-1: swords or armor is given out
0: War-chief alerts
1: Stable-keeper swaps
2: amnesiac remembers role
3: armor is put on
4: misc actions happen such as dousing and stalking and healing
5: kills happen
6: kills are cleaned if need be

Tie Breaker Tree

Pyromancer
Assassin
Townsfolk

Rules:
1: voting is done via the new voting system
2: no talking about the game outside of the game
3: no lurking, 3 posts a day is a minimum
4: no game throwing
5: nightactions MUST be send in or mod killing/replacement will follow

Invest pairings:
-Assassin/Court Jester/Peasant/Archer/Squire/Stalker
-Pyromancer/Conscript/Stable-Keeper/War-chief/Gravekeeper
-Executioner/Amnesiac/priest/blacksmith

Chane
December 19th, 2012, 09:29 AM
bumping as I am requesting some epic feedback :)

Reemus
December 19th, 2012, 09:37 AM
can i get place in?

Chane
December 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM
can i get place in?

if the set-up gets approved you can /sign in the signup thread

Chane
December 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
bork seems to be on a reviewing spree :o

any reviewing at all from anybody really would be appreciated :)

BorkBot
December 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Next 13 man game has already been decided, and that won't be approved until the FM is over.

Chane
December 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Next 13 man game has already been decided, and that won't be approved until the FM is over.

I intent on hosting this in a long while from now, I would just like some questions to answer and your opinion on the set-up etc.

BorkBot
December 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry, but that isn't how I work. If you come up with a new idea by the time there's space for a new game, my time and effort on this one will have been wasted.

BorkBot
January 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Any chance you could reduce the player number on this? We've got too many 13 player submissions.

It seems a bit heavy on townies anyway. If you remove 1 guard and 1 peasant I'll review it more thoroughly.

Chane
January 13th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Any chance you could reduce the player number on this? We've got too many 13 player submissions.

It seems a bit heavy on townies anyway. If you remove 1 guard and 1 peasant I'll review it more thoroughly.

11 player game should do or would you like to remove a nat benign as well?

I removed one guard and one peasant.

also made some slight balance changes.

BorkBot
January 13th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I think this'll work for numbers balance. Removing a benign neutral is possible, but not required.

BorkBot
January 13th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Can the assassin's spree killing be used targeted at himself?

Sheriff can only detect one player in the entire game. Either make the assassin detectable or remove the sheriff as a possible role.

Are last wills allowed?

If yes, does the pyromancer fireball clear the target's last will?

If yes, does the gravekeeper recover the last will?

Are death notes allowed? If yes, who can use them?

Does the game start at day or at night?

Why is "wicked" in the tie breaker tree? Isn't their victory condition unique and independent of who dies and who lives, save for the executioner who would probably lose anyway if his target never got lynched?

Would an executioner lose the game if his target died at night?

Paladin and Amnesiac are not in the investigation pairings.

Does the squire pierce night immunity?

Squire can only kill the Assassin, archers and sword users. I'm not sure if this role is so beneficial to the town. Probably does more damage than it does good.

4: misc actions happen such as dousing and stalking and healing

Does this include the sheriff, paladin, jester and gravekeeper? Why not just list the roles for clarity?

Chane
January 14th, 2013, 05:06 AM
thanks for the feedback, answers in orange

Can the assassin's spree killing be used targeted at himself?

No, that would give him a tad to much diversity compared to the Pyromancer

Sheriff can only detect one player in the entire game. Either make the assassin detectable or remove the sheriff as a possible role.

agreed on removing him, I feel as if he is to OP if he can detect both because it makes town to PR dependent.

Are last wills allowed?

Yes

If yes, does the pyromancer fireball clear the target's last will?

If yes, does the gravekeeper recover the last will?

Yes and Yes

Are death notes allowed? If yes, who can use them?

the Assasin is the only one who can use a direct Death note, however the Pyromancer may leave a dousenote which will inform a target of being doused together with his message.

Does the game start at day or at night?

Day with Lynch, troll at own discretion =)

Why is "wicked" in the tie breaker tree? Isn't their victory condition unique and independent of who dies and who lives, save for the executioner who would probably lose anyway if his target never got lynched?

if a town player and a conscript for example would be left in the game it would be a conscript victory, and thus a solo win for neutral, I personally like the mechanic but if you consider it problematic/players don't want it, this mechanic will be removed.

Would an executioner lose the game if his target died at night?

He would turn Jester, clarifying his role-card

Paladin and Amnesiac are not in the investigation pairings.

fix'd

Does the squire pierce night immunity?

Squire can only kill the Assassin, archers and sword users. I'm not sure if this role is so beneficial to the town. Probably does more damage than it does good.

he no longer dies in the duel if its a shot from a bow and he will absorb magic attacks, dieing instead of the target he is protecting

Does this include the sheriff, paladin, jester and gravekeeper? Why not just list the roles for clarity?

it includes all action that are not mentioned in other parts of the OoO

updating when I get home again

BorkBot
January 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
if a town player and a conscript for example would be left in the game it would be a conscript victory, and thus a solo win for neutral, I personally like the mechanic but if you consider it problematic/players don't want it, this mechanic will be removed.
If the town can't win with them, they would be evil neutrals. Not benign. It'd also mean the town can't win after lynching a jester, which just doesn't make sense.

Chane
January 14th, 2013, 09:20 AM
If the town can't win with them, they would be evil neutrals. Not benign. It'd also mean the town can't win after lynching a jester, which just doesn't make sense.

fine its changed.

BorkBot
January 14th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Approved

Chane
January 14th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Approved

looking to start signups Wednesday next week, is that ok?

BorkBot
January 14th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Alright.

Chane
January 25th, 2013, 07:33 AM
signups will be opening shortly, I am trying to find the perfect time as many s-fm's are going on these days.

pre-signing can be done in this thread and you will be added to a list on the signup thread which places you on lock for the spot in the signups for 48 hours after the opening of the signup thread if no confirmation is posted in the signup thread itself. I hope that made sense :P