PDA

View Full Version : Random Any balance

AJRiddle
May 2nd, 2011, 03:48 AM
Okay, so I'm neither a fan nor a hater of citizens, but lately about 75% of random anys that I use turn out to be citizens. Not really that fun when I put in 2 random any and I am almost 100% there is a citizen.

Zack
May 2nd, 2011, 04:47 AM
When putting random any I imagine you exclude mafia roles because you already added mafia and you don't want a chance to have more. That is probably your mistake.

If you want to enjoy the randomness of Random Any, perhaps you should put only 2 mafia members and then random any that can be anything.

Either that or make a decision if to add random town or random neutral instead.

Afumba
May 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
hmm actually the games i played today random any nearly always were either SK or Jester... would luv to have more random citizen^^ (no werent excluded^^) Wanna change the random luck? I trade it hehehe^^

Membrax
May 2nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
Random is always full of lolz.
Just had 4 doctors in game yesterday (3 from the 3 Random Town). No need to say it got ugly quickly ;D

Dark.Revenant
May 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
The citizen has about a 34% chance of being selected on any given random any, and about a 50% chance on a random town.

AJRiddle
May 2nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Okay well my setup has 2 random anys in it, 1 for truly anything and 1 for town or neutral no mafia to prevent there from being 5 mafia. That being said my game setup, while trying to be random, would end up with at least 1 citizen almost every game, which is not what I want. I think that random any really should be random, not 34% of the time one character. If there should be any balancing instead of truly random it should be make it less likely for a random any to be a killing character, but truly random would be better in my opinion.

Dark.Revenant
May 2nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
The randoms are balanced to favor weaker roles. I'm not changing that.

AJRiddle
May 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM

If it isn't ever going to be completely random I would be strongly in favor of lowering the chance of it being a citizen, and increasing the chance of a spy. For example you said there is a 34% chance of Random Any being a citizen it would be better if it was something like this:

Citizen 17% chance
Spy 17% chance
non-killing neutral 16%
then all other roles filling the remaining 50% (which would mean a pretty low percent chance on all of those)

Narks
May 4th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Based on your hosting trends, I heartily feel that you are a biased source.

Omgproberush
May 4th, 2011, 04:36 PM

If it isn't ever going to be completely random I would be strongly in favor of lowering the chance of it being a citizen, and increasing the chance of a spy. For example you said there is a 34% chance of Random Any being a citizen it would be better if it was something like this:

Citizen 17% chance
Spy 17% chance
non-killing neutral 16%
then all other roles filling the remaining 50% (which would mean a pretty low percent chance on all of those)

Citizens are fine, and it's good that they have the highest chance of being random so that the game is less likely to be thrown out of balance. There's already people complaining about the spy being too weak for their liking too so that really wouldn't make a difference to a lot of people anyway.

AJRiddle
May 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM

Citizen 17% chance
Spy 17% chance
non-killing neutral 16%

Citizens are fine, and it's good that they have the highest chance of being random so that the game is less likely to be thrown out of balance. There's already people complaining about the spy being too weak for their liking too so that really wouldn't make a difference to a lot of people anyway.

But those same people complaining about spy being too weak hate citizen even more so that argument doesn't make too much sense.

I am fine with citizen having more likelyhood of happening on random any than other roles, which is why they would have the highest chance, a lot higher than anything besides spy and non-killing neutral.

Metnik
May 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I keep winning as a citizen. Not sure why people hate them so much.

On my game setup, citizens can only come up from Random Towns. So as I'm checking the dead off my list, it's easier to catch liars if they claim to be the Random Town.