PDA

View Full Version : Forums need improving

FYRE
December 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hi, my name is FYRE. I consider myself a pretty chill guy, but something's got me all hot and bothered.

It's these forums. They suck. Everyone knows they suck, but have failed to bring it up until now. I'm petitioning for a complete upheaval of the sc2mafia.com domain in its aesthetics and functionality.

Make these forums look awesome. Make them reflect the hours of hard work and community we all pour in to it. Make us proud.

Roflcopter
December 14th, 2012, 09:43 PM
A) Shouldn't this be in site discussion?

B) What would you suggest be changed?

Brendan
December 14th, 2012, 09:47 PM
^No it shouldn't be because it's a stupid thread and I would infract him.

FYRE
December 14th, 2012, 09:48 PM
A) Yes it should. Mod please move it if possible.

B) As I stated in the OP, there needs to be a complete and all encompassing change in this site; looks, feel, and responsiveness.

Slaol
December 14th, 2012, 09:48 PM
How do they suck? I consider them professional, and anything 'awesome' that might be done to them would probably make them ugly. It's why Facebook beat Myspace, and then Facebook survived Google+. Simple and professional.

Ash
December 14th, 2012, 09:49 PM
What would you improve if you had the power to do so?

FYRE
December 14th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Didn't intend for this to be a stupid thread, although I knew there would be resistance to the proposed changes from the getgo.
Please extend some tolerance towards my ideas, and hopefully over time you'll come to be convinced of the overtly needed changes.

FYRE
December 14th, 2012, 09:52 PM
How do they suck? I consider them professional, and anything 'awesome' that might be done to them would probably make them ugly. It's why Facebook beat Myspace, and then Facebook survived Google+. Simple and professional.

Facebook survived Google+ because Google+ failed to drive away hundreds of millions of people from a well established site, not because it was better or worse than Facebook, as Facebook had done to Myspace, but because of Facebook's enormous ingrained userbase. It seems that you're scared of change, just because something is perceived by you to be good doesn't mean it can't get better.

FYRE
December 14th, 2012, 09:53 PM
What would you improve if you had the power to do so?

A starting point would be the amount of unused space, such as on the borders, between the end of text in a post and the beginning of the signature, the space below the avatar and the bottom of the post, etc.

Ash
December 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM
A starting point would be the amount of unused space, such as on the borders, between the end of text in a post and the beginning of the signature, the space below the avatar and the bottom of the post, etc.
agreed,letstypewithoutspacessowecansavespace!goodi dearight?everyoneshoulddoitfromnowon

FYRE
December 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM
agreed,letstypewithoutspacessowecansavespace!goodi dearight?everyoneshoulddoitfromnowon

Again, I'm not intending to make a silly thread. That was just one example I pointed out, though its obvious you don't take my proposition seriously.

Ash
December 14th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Again, I'm not intending to make a silly thread. That was just one example I pointed out, though its obvious you don't take my proposition seriously.
imnotintendingtomakesillypostseither.iamtakingyour propositionveryseriouslyandmyideaisserious.ifyoudo ntlikemyideathenyoushouldfeelbad

FYRE
December 14th, 2012, 09:59 PM
imnotintendingtomakesillypostseither.iamtakingyour propositionveryseriouslyandmyideaisserious.ifyoudo ntlikemyideathenyoushouldfeelbad

I love you Ash.

Brendan
December 14th, 2012, 10:10 PM
ashurageniusletsusepoorgrammartolikeweresendingshi ttytextmessagestosavespaceok?

Roflcopter
December 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM
FYRE, assuming you're serious about this, which i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on, please re-post this in site discussion if you wish this to be taken seriously by the community.

Brendan
December 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM
FYRE, assuming you're serious about this, which i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on, please re-post this in site discussion if you wish this to be taken seriously by the community.

No, this should not be reposted. lol

Apocist
December 15th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Just delete this thread please, it's an eyesore

Slaol
December 15th, 2012, 12:56 AM
No, this should not be reposted. lol

Agreed. No massive overhaul is possibly a good idea. Minor changes can be progressive, but he struggles to even post more than 1. And the one he suggests?..

Edit: I suggest the forums be improved by the deletion of this thread. :)

Roflcopter
December 15th, 2012, 01:06 AM
oops could probably make a theme that removes those spaces, if enough people cared.

Fatalis
December 15th, 2012, 01:54 AM
The forums looks really great and professional for me

There are only 2 things I hate
1. Advertisements, although oops said that it can't be erased since it's the hosting server. I wish there is a way to disable that T.T
2. The Tags for This Thread and Posting Permissions is kinda pointless wall of text

Gingerape
December 15th, 2012, 03:39 AM
These forums do look awesome.
It's snowing.

Roflcopter
December 15th, 2012, 04:00 AM
The forums looks really great and professional for me

There are only 2 things I hate
1. Advertisements, although oops said that it can't be erased since it's the hosting server. I wish there is a way to disable that T.T
2. The Tags for This Thread and Posting Permissions is kinda pointless wall of text