PDA

View Full Version : A feature for closing threads

Roflcopter
December 14th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I suggest a way for the OP of a thread to make a message that can be posted at a set time and with the option of closing the thread.

Would be useful for puzzles, FMs, any sort of contests and such where the host cannot be online 24/7

creedkingsx
December 14th, 2012, 02:45 AM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/15350-FM-Timer
:|

Roflcopter
December 14th, 2012, 02:50 AM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/15350-FM-Timer
:|

You could say this is a broadening of that idea, the fm timer suggested requires a night and day, and has no support for custom messages to be posted.

Edit: also, this isn't specifically for FMs, puzzles and contests would be able to make use of something such as this.

oops_ur_dead
December 14th, 2012, 11:03 AM
You mean making it so the OP of a thread can open/close his own threads? We had that for a while, but it became problematic since they would be able to open their own threads that had been locked by a mod.

RLVG
December 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
You mean making it so the OP of a thread can open/close his own threads? We had that for a while, but it became problematic since they would be able to open their own threads that had been locked by a mod.

Is it possible to set a Thread/Open Cooldown by usergroup?

clementine
December 14th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Even just being able to forward date your posts would be nice imo. Sometimes I want to post something for FM lets say 24 hours before the end of day, or 12 hours before the end of day to allow for enough discussion time but to wait to hear all the night feedbacks/catch someone in a lie. It would be nice to be able to type up my post ahead of time, format it, and then set the post date and time to a little bit in the future (like you can queue posts on tumblr or blogger) so I don't have to type up and format my post, email it to myself, and then copy paste it from my email into the thread via my phone if I'm on the go since the formatting usually gets a bit messed up.

Forward dating posts could also be useful to hosts who want to pre-write some RP to open or close threads or to players who want to WIFOM being in a different time zone to avoid meta.

Roflcopter
December 14th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Even just being able to forward date your posts would be nice imo. Sometimes I want to post something for FM lets say 24 hours before the end of day, or 12 hours before the end of day to allow for enough discussion time but to wait to hear all the night feedbacks/catch someone in a lie. It would be nice to be able to type up my post ahead of time, format it, and then set the post date and time to a little bit in the future (like you can queue posts on tumblr or blogger) so I don't have to type up and format my post, email it to myself, and then copy paste it from my email into the thread via my phone if I'm on the go since the formatting usually gets a bit messed up.

Forward dating posts could also be useful to hosts who want to pre-write some RP to open or close threads or to players who want to WIFOM being in a different time zone to avoid meta.

This is more to what I had in mind, the threads title doesn't suit the idea, Forward dating posts is where I was going with this but I was too tired to think clearly.

It would be an interesting feature to be used by everyone

oops_ur_dead
December 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM

This is complex, but theoretically possible.

I'm not gonna give an ETA on this, if I even end up doing it.